In this Discussion

Damian Discovers The Internet

Comments

• damian wins by default.
  • i love how damian can sound so impressive with his intimidating array of multi-syllable vocab words like "inexorable" and "pontificating", almost sounding like the pretentious jerks he is ranting about, until he concludes his argument with "The guy who invented 'use' was clearly an asshole." ah, that's what i love about damian. tongue.gif
  • damian and his ivy league education. he's amazing.
  • I've added my two cents. biggrin.gif AND I called into question Damian's usage of the word "officious," because from what I can tell, he wasn't using the right word. (But I could be completely wrong.)

I keep forgetting that the guy went to friggin' Brown...only Damian could make the use/use debate great party conversation.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 30 2005, 09:54 PM)
    I've added my two cents. biggrin.gif AND I called into question Damian's usage of the word "officious," because from what I can tell, he wasn't using the right word. (But I could be completely wrong.)

I keep forgetting that the guy went to friggin' Brown...only Damian could make the use/use debate great party conversation.

For sure. Damian is a smart man. So is Andy. I think he went to Columbia? I don't know, in one of his blogs he mentioned something about being on an ultimate frisby team in college, and it led to a link. I clicked on it and the Columbia Ultimate Frisbee site came up.

Not my Columbia, NY Columbia. Ha, I'm not smart enough for NY Columbia.

Aside from all that, I think all of our OK Go boys are extremely smart and talented. You all knew that though.
  • Yes yes they are.
    Not only are our boys pretty. They're smart too. And they can play music. What more do you need?!
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Nov 30 2005, 10:58 PM)
    For sure.  Damian is a smart man.  So is Andy.  I think he went to Columbia?  I don't know, in one of his blogs he mentioned something about being on an ultimate frisby team in college, and it led to a link.  I clicked on it and the Columbia Ultimate Frisbee site came up. 

That makes sense. I didn't see that blog post, but when we were talking at the NoHo show, he mentioned that he went to school in NY.

Als0- DAMIAN REPLIED TO MY POST!!!

Okay, well, actually, he may have replied to both Steffie and my posts, but regardless, he attempted to explain his usage of "officious." Which I still don't think he used quite correctly. But I'll debate that later, after I actually do some work.
  • Woohoo! You get LOTS of points!
  • shouldnt i get points for using another language? tongue.gif
  • Damian was replying to everything! That's very nifty, Mr. Kulash. biggrin.gif
  • ^ I know!

he thought I was at the party.... biggrin.gif

I want to see his face if/when he reads my reply that I'm a fifteen year old from Massachusetts.......................

oh man. laugh.gif

And I also inspired him to do some more research! go me!

but I don't usually go by my name margaret, so the whole thing felt really odd. I signed my last post mergwin....

I'm usually just plain old meg. dry.gif
  • mergwin! haha, I love it.

I plan on commenting again, because it's nice having Damian talk to us. I was going to Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore put us up to the criticism and opposing viewpoints, but it was weird when I typed it out so I stopped.

I think I need to word that better.

I like new words too, and I use them all the time. Languages are fun. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 30 2005, 11:56 PM)
    I want to see his face if/when he reads my reply that I'm a fifteen year old from Massachusetts.......................

I just posted this as a comment over at the blogfight thingy, but where in Mass. are you? I'm at Smith, and I'm always eager to find more MA fans- I feel like there aren't enough of us around!

I'm really happy that Damian has been replying to all our posts. Between this, the coolfer.com blog, and my recently discovering his "How Your Band Can Fire Bush" creed (yeah, I was a little late on the upstake for that one), I have to say that I am in complete awe of him. Not only do I admire him for his good looks and talent, but he's just so fucking intelligent and articulate. It blows my mind. It's an incredible feeling, realising that you agree or disagree with the frontman of your favourite band on an intellectual level. Maybe him finding the Internet isn't such a bad thing.

I'm using far too many big words. I'm going back to my house and giong to bed now.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 30 2005, 09:30 PM)
    I'm at Smith,

I meant to tell you on LJ... my friend's name is Ester... and shes a freshman. So if you know her, that'd be way cool.
  • I don't like how the dotted line separates your name from your post, cuz it makes it look like your name is on the next one...

Some "liz" person was fooled by this faulty appearance and mistook me for the author of a less than perfectly punctuated and grammatically correct message. HA.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Dec 1 2005, 12:36 AM)
    I meant to tell you on LJ... my friend's name is Ester... and shes a freshman. So if you know her, that'd be way cool.

I actually don't think I know any Esters (Esther?), but I can search for her on Facebook! Muahaha. Then I'd know her and then it'd be way cool.

I don't like how the dotted line separates your name from your post, cuz it makes it look like your name is on the next one...

Gah, I hate that, too! I posted something right after Damian, and so I was reading what I knew was my writing but seeing Damian's name at the top threw me off. tongue.gif
  • WAIT! I DO KNOW ESTER! She sits next to me in Wind Ensemble!!!! How crazy is that?????

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

(Also, I just realised that I've made a really obnoxious double post...haha...)
  • DUUUUUUUUUDE!
    haha
    that is totally her too!
    she's a flute like me!
    thats totally funnnnnny though. im going to go email her now. crazy random degrees of connection.
  • i claim victory as i was first to reply and that gets me 1,000 pts

GO TEAM HFoC
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Dec 2 2005, 01:47 AM)
    DUUUUUUUUUDE!
    haha
    that is totally her too!
    she's a flute like me!
    thats totally funnnnnny though. im going to go email her now. crazy random degrees of connection.

Hahahahaha. This is so great. I didn't know you were a flute. I thought you were a percussion person. Are you bi-sectional? Regardless, flutes rock. biggrin.gif

And I'm so going to be like, "OMG I KNOW AMANDA!" at practice on Tuesday.