In this Discussion

It's snowinggg!

edited November -1 in General Discussion
It just randomly started snowing and everything's all white and pretty, and ahh I'm so happyyy biggrin.gif
AND IT's only november!

Comments

• aww yeah, a light dusting of snow is always very pretty...
  • I'm still waiting to see snow...I thought it snowed in Chicago...where's this snow?! unsure.gif
  • its also snowing in birmingham. why is it not snowing in London??

and everybody in the UK, according to my 'friend' Chris, whose sister is a third year meteorology student, its snowing ALL over the UK this year and we're gonna have a white xmas. WOOOT!
  • um... snow=cold. But I'd rather have snow than a cold rain... it doesn't make you wet.
  • QUOTE (That70sGirl @ Nov 18 2004, 03:25 PM)
    I'm still waiting to see snow...I thought it snowed in Chicago...where's this snow?!  unsure.gif

OH!
    It'll come, that's for sure.

You won't be saying where's the snow in January.. Chicago is not nice to drive in, in the snow.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Nov 18 2004, 11:25 PM)
    its also snowing in birmingham. why is it not snowing in London??

and everybody in the UK, according to my 'friend' Chris, whose sister is a third year meteorology student, its snowing ALL over the UK this year and we're gonna have a white xmas. WOOOT!

WOW!! YAYY!!! biggrin.gif
    The snow disappeared now though sad.gif
    But yay it'scoming back!
    It's too cold now though. And I have to go into Northampton all by myself to pester Waterstones about my application.
    But on the good side I have 10 pounds wrth of vouchers to spend either there or HMV (i won 2 prizes in prizegiving at school) so yeah...new CD!
    And none of that was really relevant. I apologise. rolleyes.gif
  • no it isn't...
  • geez sorry...how come you dragged this topic back alll the way from november just to say that anyways?
  • Cos they're a legend!

Its not snowing here either
  • um..that might be due to the fact that it's summer....
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 6 2005, 05:05 PM)
    Cos they're a legend!

What legend are you talking about?
  • It's snowing...hard. It started 4 hours ago. There is already 4 inches. I just went driving. I am just that crazy. I love the snow. Snow day? Let's hope so.

I was listening to the radio and they said that on CNN they were showing places where its really bad weather and really bad traffic and they showed a picture of a Chicago expressway. The radio guy said "haha, how funny that they show Chicago and make it seem like hell." hahah. Okay. My random rant is doine.
  • I was watching the weather channel a bit ago and they were showing the radar for Michigan and this huge, wonderful, dark green flood was covering Michigan.

It's supposed to be like that until 6AM tomorrow.

AND my area is supposed to be hit the hardest, because of the lake effect.

I'm so happy because there isn't going to be school tomorrow!

YAY!
  • Isn't the lake a God send? I like to think so. Oh Yes.
  • Oh most definitely. Besides the fact that it's pretty disgusting.

But a god send, yes. biggrin.gif
  • It won't stop snowing!
    I went shopping today.....in all the snow.
    That was great.

The roads are still nasty out here..
  • Heavy Snow Warning from the National Weather Service:

/O.CON.KDTX.HS.W.0001.000000T0000Z-051209T1100Z/ SANILAC-SHIAWASSEE-GENESEE-LAPEER-ST. CLAIR-LIVINGSTON-OAKLAND- MACOMB-WASHTENAW-WAYNE-LENAWEE-MONROE- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...SANDUSKY...OWOSSO...FLINT...LAPEER... PORT HURON...HOWELL...PONTIAC...WARREN...ANN ARBOR...DETROIT... ADRIAN...MONROE 746 PM EST THU DEC 8 2005
    ...HEAVY SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST FRIDAY...

A HEAVY SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST FRIDAY.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD THE AREA FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST DURING THE REST OF THE EVENING. THE SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES...ESPECIALLY THROUGH 3 AM...WITH SNOWFALL RATES IN EXCESS OF AN INCH PER HOUR. SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 5 TO 8 INCHES CAN BE EXPECTED. THE BAND OF HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR NEAR A HOWELL TO PONTIAC TO PORT HURON LINE...WHERE TOTALS WILL BE TOWARD THE HIGHER END OF THE FORECAST RANGE...WITH A FEW SPOTS PERHAPS PUSHING 9 INCHES. A RUMBLE OF THUNDER IS ALSO POSSIBLE DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS.

A HEAVY SNOW WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • /O.UPG.KLOT.SN.Y.0002.000000T0000Z-051209T0600Z/ /O.COR.KLOT.HS.W.0001.051209T0016Z-051209T0600Z/ COOK-LAKE INDIANA-PORTER- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CHICAGO...GARY...VALPARAISO 616 PM CST THU DEC 8 2005
    ...HEAVY SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST TONIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO HAS ISSUED A HEAVY SNOW WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST TONIGHT. AN ENHANCED BAND OF SNOW IS SWINGING THROUGH COOK COUNTY IN ILLINOIS AND LAKE AND PORTER COUNTIES IN NORTHWEST INDIANA AND ADDING UP TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR. THIS BAND WILL MOVE OUT BEFORE 900 PM CST WITH AN ADDITIONAL INCH OR TWO OF LIGHTER SNOWFALL UNTIL MIDNIGHT.

SNOWFALL AMOUNTS IN THESE COUNTIES COULD RANGE FROM 6 TO 9 INCHES OF NEW SNOW BY MIDNIGHT.

OH YES!!!! I have a field trip tomorrow anyway. I don't REALLY have school. But I can still dream for a snow day...right?
  • snooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... dry.gif
  • http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/cold...&from=whatwhere

.................. huh.gif

it's 74 and cloudy in tampa....i hate florida sometimes.