In this Discussion

Just thought I'd mention...

edited November -1 in OK Go
The boys were mentioned in JANE magazine, it's really nothing, but I thought I'd share. I'd also post a pic, but alas, I have no scanner.

But here is what it is....

It's not all groupies and Xboxes
Death Cab for Cutie estimates they spent nearly 1,500 hours on the road last year, and despite what you larned from Almost Famous, life on a tour bus is not all fans and Elton John sing-alongs. Here's how our favorite musicians kill time between shows. -Kate

*ok so they mention various artists, but I'll just write what okgo said*

OK Go: "We collect flattened pennies from those machines at tourist traps."

*... then, there's a tinsy pic of them... but they replaced Tims face with a pennie... LMFAO, funny yet wtf!?*

So if anyone has, or buys the magazine (they're on page 35), maybe you could scan the damn thing tongue.gif

Comments

• haha....

thats great.

tim is a flattened penny?

ok
  • Does this newly flattened Tim penny head thing still have awesome sideburns?
  • sadly no... it's his whole fuckin' head!!! It's insanity!!!!!
  • I love those flattened pennies!! I'm such a tourist. wink.gif
  • wow im connected to ok go by our luv of flattened pennies! I have ones from coney island, some with the empire state building and with the statue of liberty. Also random ones from rest stops with unicorns and clovers on them.... I know your all jealous of my unicorn flattened penny...
  • Let's keep the web of connection between flattened pennies going...

In the blogfight thingy, Damian mentioned that town in Wales that has like, the longest name EVER, and somebody in my Shakespeare class brought in a flattened penny from said town. The name of the town went around the flattened penny at least a time and a half.

Which ish is it? December? I have a Jane subscription, so I'll totally scan it in, but I have apparently not gotten that issue yet. (Oh, and then I need to get my Internet connection on my laptop working again...I hate having to steal my roomie's computer or trek to the library every time I want to check my mail...)
  • I have a flattened penny from . . . mackinac island!

yeah that's the only flattened penny I have.
  • !!! I LOVE MACKINAC ISLAND
    that place is simply amazing. I want to go there when it snows.

i used to collect those flattened pennies.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Dec 4 2005, 02:23 PM)
    !!! I LOVE MACKINAC ISLAND
    that place is simply amazing. I want to go there when it snows.
    i used to collect those flattened pennies.

Mackinac Island is beautiful. Last time I went with my dad we walked around the whole island, it's about 7 or 8 miles. It's tiring but definitely worth it.
  • I just got my issue of Jane today and opened it up to page 35 right away! biggrin.gif You're right, the pic is small, but it's amusing to see PennyHead!Tim.

But I would really like to know WTF is UP with Damian's hair??? Stop cutting it for God's sake! *grumble*
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Dec 4 2005, 01:23 PM)
    !!! I LOVE MACKINAC ISLAND

I went there once. It was very foggy. And the tour guide dude was losing his voice so it kept cracking and it made me laugh. True story!
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Dec 4 2005, 12:31 PM)
    Mackinac Island is beautiful.  Last time I went with my dad we walked around the whole island, it's about 7 or 8 miles.  It's tiring but definitely worth it.

we ride bikes everyti,e we go
  • We were going to ride bikes but we walked up those stairs that seem like 100 miles high. Taking bikes would just be more tiring.

haha, we saw some people take bikes up the stairs. They were carrying them and they looked dead tired. I thought it was funny.
  • the bike ride is nice. the 'beaches' there are so nice.
  • Here's a scan --- sorry for the bad quality (pero, I'm way to lazy to do another one)

I was super happy, my two fave magazines came in the mail on the same day, and both had OK Go mentioned in them.
  • They look squished.
  • and tim looks very.... metally
  • Tim's head isn't even a flattened penny, it's a regular penny
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 6 2005, 03:42 AM)
    I just got my issue of Jane today and opened it up to page 35 right away! biggrin.gif You're right, the pic is small, but it's amusing to see PennyHead!Tim.

But I would really like to know WTF is UP with Damian's hair??? Stop cutting it for God's sake! *grumble*

Oh, agreed. He's starting to get a bit of that King Arther/Robin Hood bowl cut deal going on.

Sir Damianlot, the knight of Nnno!
  • Welcome, Connyfoo! Hahaha, and I agree. Although, I would pay big money to see Damian and the rest of the crew in green tights. laugh.gif