In this Discussion

no go glasgow show

edited November -1 in OK Go
i was sure someone would have posted something in here about last night by now. but they haven't. hmmm...

ah well. i can be the first.

ok go's scheduled show at glasgow king tut's wah wah hut didn't really happen. there was a power cut about half an hour before doors were due to open, and they didn't manage to get power back up in time to have a show.

but what they did do, was send ok go outside in the rain to play some songs.

like this:

Comments

• haha awesome!! i waited in the cold for 2 hours to see them last tuesday, the security guards were evil, he wouldn't even let dan take us in. So the cold wasnt fun, would've been much more entertaining if they had come outside and played for us haha

Hope you had fun smile.gif
  • More here, including photos that are possibly yours:

http://www.drownedinsound.com

Ah well, hope the Bristol gig isn't similarly afflicted!
  • i was gonna go to the bristol show. But the last train back to london is at 10.40, so i wouldnt get to see the whole show, so it'd be pointless. grrrr.

edit: if memory serves me correctly.... donkeyjacket = fiona
  • yeah, the drownedinsound news story is mine smile.gif
  • holy shit accustic okgo = the sex
  • That looks cooler than a regular ok go show.... They will remember it forever probably...
  • thats it

OK Go need to do a accoustic album
  • OMG DAMIAN AND RUSTY LOOK LIKE HOBOS SITTING ON THE STEPS!!!

Sorry. Just had to point that out.

But seriously, that's really cool. Not cool that the power went out, but cool that they were totally willing to perform and dance outside instead. Very awesome.

And, yes, they need an acoustic album.
  • that stinks that you didn't get to see an electric, adrenaline-fueled OK Go show, but the acoustic set you did see is way more memorable and one-of-a-kind. awesome. i'm jealous.

where was dan through most of the show?

and how great his andy's expression in the second picture?
  • well, i suppose i've seen ok go do a full electric show before... but i was really looking forward to seeing them play all my faves off the new album which they didn't play at the brendan benson support shows last year. i was very overexcited when they started doing 'oh lately it's so quiet' outside. at least i got to hear it live in some form or other.

dan was stood down the street watching. he was a little bit behind where i was standing when i took the first few pictures. i think you might be able to see him in this one. with, like, a magnifying glass.

• Excellent. I find it awesome and awful that I have the same kind of jacket that Damian is wearing (the plaid one).

It looks hotter on him.
  • Wow--what an awesome experience! While it was inconvenient that the activities had to be taken outside, you ended up having a one of a kind show experience. Lucky, lucky, lucky!

And kudos to the guys for doing it!!! biggrin.gif
  • i love my scotland and i love my ok go
  • i love dan haha, and it seems he certainly loves to hug me to show his appreciation of my love for him (well, okgo haha)

AND Andy ALWAYS wears those trousers! And Dan has been wearing that hat for ages too....... blink.gif
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Jan 16 2006, 06:53 PM)
    AND Andy ALWAYS wears those trousers! And Dan has been wearing that hat for ages too....... blink.gif

Just think of the possibilities for intelligent life forms growing in their wardrobe. *shudder* tongue.gif
  • those are some really cool pictures, thanks for posting them!
  • Those are some cool pics cool.gif ! Looks like a lot of people were there in spite of the inclement weather!
  • aw, those were great pictures! dan was standing behind me....think i can see my friend and me in one of your photos. that was her first time seeing them even tho it wasn't a full show, it was a unique one! and hey, they danced in the rain! don't think there is many bands who would do that (in glasgow anyway) was so funny when he dropped his pick and forgot what verse they were on! anyway, better go i should be writing a presentation for tomorrow for uni....well i should actually be reading the book i'm doing the presentation on.....

i hope they come back soon. damn king tuts man, there are some bands i have seen in there and wish the power had cut out tongue.gif

'thanks for passing the torch...i think i burned my hand though'
  • Wahey! I was at the show - you can see me in some of the dancing pics. I'm at the far right, sitting down on the steps wearing a black hoodie with a pink slogan (Marmaduke Duke album cover... mmm).

Brilliant pics, thanks! It was such a great experience, definitely once-in-a-lifetime!