In this Discussion

New "DWYW" video

Comments

I don't really like this video....

I think it's because it doesn't have that finished glossy quality that everyone is used to in music videos, it's not polished, still a little rough cut quality almost like a home made video type, I don't know if that was used purposely or not though...maybe to match the "Million Ways" homemade video style? Was this ever officially released as a final music video?
  • QUOTE (oknow @ Jan 28 2006, 05:05 PM)
    Was this ever officially released as a final music video?

I don't think it has been yet, but I could be wrong. I just happened to stumble across it at the Juggling Club forums on a thread halfway down the page, and I went ohmy.gif! (A lot of the Juggling Club people need to cross post stuff...wink.gif )

I thought I wasn't going to like this video, but after seeing the whole thing (and not spazzy little segments), I decided I like it after all.
  • ya! I like it too! It's alot of fun, I wish I was an extra in the video! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Jan 28 2006, 03:46 PM)
    I don't really like this video.... unsure.gif

Me neither. unsure.gif

A not because it's un-polished. The rapidly moving camera is annoying. It made me want to turn the video off. Which I did. dry.gif
    Was this ever officially released as a final music video?

I saw it a couple of times on Much Music (Canadian Music Channel) ... I've requested it plenty as well but they never play it for me... sad.gif
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jan 28 2006, 05:43 PM)
    I saw it a couple of times on Much Music (Canadian Music Channel) ... I've requested it plenty as well but they never play it for me... sad.gif

that is because much music sucks now, the vjs suck, and they've become too much like mtv which is not a good thing. we should stage a hostile takeover and make them play ok go goodness all day long.
  • QUOTE (w00t @ Jan 28 2006, 06:05 PM)
    that is because much music sucks now, the vjs suck, and they've become too much like mtv which is not a good thing.  we should stage a hostile takeover and make them play ok go goodness all day long.

We totally should!!! Vive le Ok Go resistance!

Matte is ok... hes totally hilarious sometimes... but Devon the human contradiction annoys the hell out of me.
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jan 27 2006, 03:52 AM)
    i would of commented sooner, but i needed to take time to recover from the seizure it induced... anyway, i like it... and i uploaded it to yousendit, so you can just download it right to your computer instead of waiting for it to load on the page... http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1EB3TEM...PG16Q35LSQTVPYT

could some one re upload that please...the link is blocked sad.gif
  • QUOTE (mysticcat @ Jan 28 2006, 08:03 PM)
    could some one re upload that please...the link is blocked  sad.gif

i'll upload it and post a link on tkn for you later tonight...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jan 29 2006, 04:39 AM)
    i'll upload it and post a link on tkn for you later tonight...

thanks biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (ConversationFear @ Jan 28 2006, 04:38 PM)
    Me neither.  unsure.gif

A not because it's un-polished. The rapidly moving camera is annoying. It made me want to turn the video off. Which I did.  dry.gif

Yeah. I don't care if it's not polished. It's just spastic, annoying, and boring. I don't like videos that only show the band playing--I like videos with a concept and I can't find one in this video.
  • I think their table tennis skit was worthy of airing...that would have been pretty cool except no music...blah...
  • really? you guys dont think it looked polished? to me it looked ultra polished...like they were all trying way too hard to look hot or hip, which is a good thing in ok go's case, but not in the beatnecks cases...

maybe you'll get a diff affect when you see it on tv...maybe not tongue.gif
  • Alright, so I'm a little late with this but ..whatever.

I really don't like the video. It makes me feel nauseous and I feel like Damian is trying too hard to look good. He looks good naturally, he doesn't need to smirk and give the camera bedroom eyes every shot. *shrugs* I don't know, it annoyed me, I guess. I think all their previous videos are much better.

And it's funny you all hate the girls that dance up with him...my friends and I were talking and suspect one of them may be his girlfriend. I mean, why not, right?
  • its really grown on me

at first i was all "omg me feel sick"

now im all

"omg me feel sick but this rocks"
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Feb 22 2006, 07:54 PM)
    And it's funny you all hate the girls that dance up with him...my friends and I were talking and suspect one of them may be his girlfriend. I mean, why not, right?

I thought I saw a picture of his girlfriend once and she looked ubercool and had cute short hair and was dressed not-at-all slutty.

But I can't think of where I would've seen such a photo, unless it was around here. So I'm probably just imagining things.
  • wow. i have to say that reading all these comments about the video before watching it has been the highlight of my day. theyre really funny and i agree with all of them, especially about that creepy guy...and yeah the extras are kinda loserish

at first i felt like vomiting, as most of you did, but i think thats kinda cool direction since its just a music video. if it were a movie or something, i think i would die. but yeah i also thought it was a little "all damian all the time".
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Feb 22 2006, 08:19 PM)
    its really grown on me

at first i was all "omg me feel sick"

now im all

"omg me feel sick but this rocks"

Yeah, that was the same with me. When I was watching the clips before we found this full-lenght version I was like, "Ehhh, not so much" but now I really like it.

But I'm with Rocky and bettyNLBboop on "all Damian, all the time"/"honey, you're hot enough without trying to look it all the time" sentiment. I love the smirking...but it would have been a lot better if had appeared less conscious of his sexiness. That's something that my friend pointed out at the last concert we went to, too....
  • Here are my thoughts:
    (I know, you guys have all been dying to hear my opinion cool.gif )
    I don't think that the video really feels like OK Go. In my mind, their charm, wit and sense of humor are what set the 'Go apart from other bands. And I don't really see that in this video. There are some good moments, definitely, and on one level it's flashy, pretty, and fun, but overall I just don't find it their most compelling work. For me it doesn't compare to any of the other videos they've done--I can contentedly watch The Making of Oh No, GOI, and YSDH over and over (the "other" DWYW, too, especially when Dan chunks the rock into the creek, it makes me laugh every time), but I just don't feel that way about this one.
    I also agree that there is a little too much Kulash. I kinda wish he'd forego the smirk in favor of a little more smile, cause he's got a great one.
  • QUOTE (poison @ Feb 23 2006, 03:50 AM)
    Here are my thoughts:
    (I know, you guys have all been dying to hear my opinion cool.gif )
    I don't think that the video really feels like OK Go. In my mind, their charm, wit and sense of humor are what set the 'Go apart from other bands. And I don't really see that in this video. There are some good moments, definitely, and on one level it's flashy, pretty, and fun, but overall I just don't find it their most compelling work. For me it doesn't compare to any of the other videos they've done--I can contentedly watch The Making of Oh No, GOI, and YSDH over and over (the "other" DWYW, too, especially when Dan chunks the rock into the creek, it makes me laugh every time), but I just don't feel that way about this one.
    I also agree that there is a little too much Kulash. I kinda wish he'd forego the smirk in favor of a little more smile, cause he's got a great one.

I agree. Though part of my brain is continually entertained by the moving camera (I'm seriously a fucking cat... something moves and I'm like "WHAT WAS THAT!!!!11!!1!omfgzors").

I liked the "original" DWYW far more... mostly because, like Poison, I couldn't get over that rock throw along with the boys running across the landscape/falling through the snow. I don't know; maybe it'll grow on me more...

/unneeded commentary