In this Discussion

Question for all you oldbies...

edited November -1 in OK Go
Yay for starting two threads today! *dance*

So I was listening to my "Stuff OK Go Has Covered" playlist (biggrin.gif), and one of the They Might Be Giants songs came on, and my roommate was like, "They covered They Might Be Giants?" To which I replied, "Yeah, they used to tour with them a bunch."

To which my roomie replied, "THEY TOURED WITH THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS???"

And then she paused and said, "...I think I've seen OK Go open for them! 'Cause I saw them two times, way back a few years ago, and I totally remember them having this rocking band open for them!" To which I replied with, " ohmy.gif "

So my question is this: How long ago did OK Go tour with They Might Be Giants, and where did they tour? My roomie thinks she saw them some time around 2000 in Boston. If she saw OK Go way back when, I'm going to be so jealous...

Comments

• i have no idea..
    lol i know my post was really helpful
  • I think I hear from somewhere, of course now I cant remember, that it was around that time, they did some music fests and whatnot, again, not much help...... but Im searching my old man memory
  • Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore!!!! Do you know????
  • i'd say it works out.... they started out in 2000ish and they were like one of their first supports so I'd guess so...

and most of the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally old people from the board dont post anymore. Darbie's the only regular poster left
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Feb 18 2006, 03:48 AM)
    Darbie's the only regular poster left

i think that should read: darbie's the only one who hasn't found a life yet...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Feb 18 2006, 12:50 PM)
    i think that should read: darbie's the only one who hasn't found a life yet...

Hee hee.
  • yeah, 2000, 2001. i remember i almost saw them with they might be giants in 2001, and it was something like their last show with them. too bad i didn't go. i'm almost certain they toured with they might be giants in 2000.
  • QUOTE (anangryfish @ Feb 19 2006, 06:00 PM)
    yeah, 2000, 2001. i remember i almost saw them with they might be giants in 2001, and it was something like their last show with them. too bad i didn't go. i'm almost certain they toured with they might be giants in 2000.

Yeah, then there's a good chance that Hilary saw them.

Also, one of my other good friends who lives in my house was hanging out in my room yesterday and checking out the OK Go stuff I have on my Wall of Pretty, and she was like, "Oh, man...I saw these guys before they were signed, when they opened for They Might Be Giants, and I remember loving the lead singer because he was so skinny..."

And now I'm jealous. mad.gif
  • Jealous? He *almost* touched your boobs!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 19 2006, 09:22 PM)
    Jealous? He *almost* touched your boobs!

HAHA. Okay. Point well taken. biggrin.gif

I still need to post all those pics for y'all, don't I...
  • I don't know when Ok Go started touring with TMBG, but I saw them together in spring of 2002