In this Discussion

any tickets? 3/11/06 st pete

edited November -1 in OK Go
hey guys... i've read the board for a bit but never had something completely urgent to create a username and post. but alas, the time has come.
apparently the show in st pete, fl on march 11 at state theater is sold out! and a bunch of my friends wanted to come, but none of them had bought tickets except for me.
so first of all, is anyone all that familiar with state? i've only been there once so i don't know if they usually save some tickets to sell the day of the show. or if ok go does anything like that.
and of course if anyone has any extra tickets or stumbles upon extra tickets in the next few weeks i know plenty of people that will gladly buy them from you.
thanks... and hi.

Comments

• word, well first off the state theater almost always has tickets at the door. i just was the aquabats there last year and they had door tickets even though the show was sold out. ok go also plays the social, which used to be known a the saphire supper club and is one of my favorite venues, it's wider than longer and it's really small. i also saw the aquabats and mc chris there plus a slew of other bands. i'll be going to both. i'll see ya there.
  • QUOTE (rooneyhappy @ Feb 20 2006, 01:13 AM)
    e-bay.

Craigslist.
    Daily Jolt.
    Go anyway.

I give the same advice everytime...
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 19 2006, 10:17 PM)
    I give the same advice everytime...

haha. they should make a sticky topic:

"what to do if the ok go show in your area sold out"
  • my apologies... i didn't realize this was an often asked question. thanks for the suggestions though.
  • QUOTE (ilessthan3music @ Feb 20 2006, 07:59 PM)
    my apologies... i didn't realize this was an often asked question. thanks for the suggestions though.

No, no problem. I mean, it does get asked often, but I understand your pain, and coming here to the boards to ask is probably one of the best places to find information, seeing as all of us have probably been in your position before.

I agree with Rooney, we should make it like a separate topic at the top of the boards, so that it's a quick and easy reference for everyone. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 21 2006, 12:09 AM)
    Q: If you were Harry Potter, would you try and bone Hermoine?
    A: I’m really into Harry Potter, actually. But, no. He’s trying to bone Ginny anyway.

WAH! I'm fairly new to OK Go, and very new to this forum, but woha! Where did this wonderful quote come from?
    Harry Potter dorks are the best kind of dorks!
    I'd prefer it if it came from some long chat about OK Go and Harry Potter, but really, I'd make do with just an interview as well.
  • QUOTE (anna747 @ Mar 9 2006, 01:20 PM)
    WAH! I'm fairly new to OK Go, and very new to this forum, but woha! Where did this wonderful quote come from?
    Harry Potter dorks are the best kind of dorks!

'tis from this interview...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Mar 9 2006, 03:54 PM)
    'tis from this interview...

Haha, thanks for posting that Darbs. I didn't feel like going and finding the URL again.

It's one of my favourite interviews. biggrin.gif
  • my advice?!

me and ryan waited in the FREZZING cold outside a venue for two hours to get tickets. OKGo couldnt get us on the guest list like they had promised the night before, and Dan couldnt even get us past security by flashing his AAA pass.... But our waiting paid off and some REAL nice guy turned up and he had like 8 tickets and gave us them for free smile.gif
  • tomorrow is my first ok go show. i love the state theater. good venue. anyone want any merch? wish me and darbs getting tickets. (oh..wait..darbs is too cool to go with me)
  • QUOTE (76 @ Mar 10 2006, 06:50 PM)
    tomorrow is my first ok go show. i love the state theater. good venue. anyone want any merch? wish me and darbs getting tickets. (oh..wait..darbs is too cool to go with me)

Pshht. That's not the case at all... Darbie lives in the loony bin. You live in Florida. And isn't the loony bin somewhere in Ohio? unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Mar 10 2006, 10:14 PM)
    Pshht. That's not the case at all... Darbie lives in the loony bin. You live in Florida. And isn't the loony bin somewhere in Ohio? unsure.gif

the looney bin is in my mind, where i am trapped, held prisinor by my own crazy thoughts and irrational fears...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Mar 10 2006, 08:19 PM)
    the looney bin is in my mind, where i am trapped, held prisinor by my own crazy thoughts and irrational fears...

I thought you went to Ohio State or something... anywho, it's wonderful that your mind is powerful enough to trap you. What irrational fears do you speak of?
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Mar 10 2006, 10:30 PM)
    What irrational fears do you speak of?

everything with the exception of this message board... and earthworms... not scared of them...
    and i am in the state to the left of ohio...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Mar 10 2006, 08:36 PM)
    and i am in the state to the left of ohio...

House left or stage left? unsure.gif Indiana?
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Mar 10 2006, 10:37 PM)
    House left or stage left? unsure.gif

not being a theater person, i have no idea what either of those mean... if you are looking down from canada, i am on the right...
  • bingo!.. indiana is corret...
  • Oh! So what school do you go to? What are you majoring in? Are you good at it? I want to be a Jazz vocalist, and an actress. I might join the airforce if they have an opening for a vocalist. Sorry. One of my friends lives in Indiana, though. And I did a report on it once in elementary school.
  • darbie goes to to crazy U, their mascott is a fruit batt.

she is majoring in breaking hearts and minoring in bothering me.