In this Discussion

NEW SHAGGY DOG?!!!

edited November -1 in General Discussion
I wanted to know your guys opinion about something i blogged about, so i just thought Id write my post in here. Tell me what yall think about the whole thing tongue.gif :

okie... what the hell is up with this whole Shaggy dog remake...

Do you kiddies remember this movie? it was about this dude who somehow keeps on turning into a dog. I loved it when i was a kid. I mean if a movie is in black and white AND can keep a kids attention that is a great feat...

... I have nothing against tim allen (actually, i do, but thats not the point) but he will butcher this movie. Name one remake (besides Godzilla with Mattew Broderick) that has not been crappyier than the original. God, have we not learned anything from Herbie fully loaded? Besides the fact that Lohan is a skank bag?

And besides, I think the whole shaggy dog thing has been done a couple times already. So is disney remaking one of thier classic movies or remaking a remake of one of thier classic movies?

and for all yall that think that technology will make it better, i think it will only make it creepyer... I couldnt find a photo, but I saw a poster for this movie and it just looks like a Allen-a-fied cgi dog... which, for those of you that dont know, equals creepy.

there thats my spuel... I wanna know what you guys think... am i reading too much into this or wah?... or maybe its just the whole "they dont make 'em like they used to" phenomena...

Comments

• Tim Allen movies are usually crap and a half. This one doesn't look much better.

Remakes are usually also pretty shitty. I enjoyed your rant.
  • ...now if i could only find a more noble cause than movie remakes...

... biggrin.gif
  • I started ignoring all remakes once Disney began making "2s" of various classics. This is really no different.

I remember watching that movie when I was little and loving it.

We can start a revolt?
  • That looks like it could possibly be the worst movie ever made. Not one scene in any preview of it looks even remotely funny. Plus I hate Tim Allen.

Disney used to be so good back in the cartoon years in the 50s and 60s.
  • Oh god, I know. Why must they do this? WHY? It's ridiculous. Remakes suck. Although, I actually really liked the Freaky Friday remake. I didn't like Godzilla though. Bleeeccchh.

Disney these days makes me so sad. I remember when the Disney channel used to play all the good old cartoons and movies, and now all they play now are stupid original teenybopper series. And then with all the sequels to classics, and bad remakes of live action movies that weren't exactly stellar to begin with. It's sad. Where are all the good movies?