In this Discussion

New "DWYW" video

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 25 2006, 04:17 PM)
    I'm telling you, I got so confused, I kept thinking, "OMG WHY IS JACKSON RIPPNER IN A BAND THAT'S SCARY!!!...
    ...oh, wait, that's Damian. Never mind...OMG WHY IS JACKSON RIPPNER..." etc. etc.

hahaha, I watched that movie JUST to look at cillian
  • QUOTE (Jedi3741 @ Feb 25 2006, 05:27 PM)
    hahaha, I watched that movie JUST to look at cillian

I got a package from my Dad today, and I was really really hoping that he sent Batman Begins, but, alas, did not happen. Now I have to call him and be lik, "Batman Begins and batteries, I need them, pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase!!!"

Maybe I'll just content myself with Intermission. Or On The Edge. Or Girl With a Pearl Earring. Or 28 Days Later. Or Breakfast on Pluto. Decisions, decisions...
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 25 2006, 04:33 PM)
    I got a package from my Dad today, and I was really really hoping that he sent Batman Begins, but, alas, did not happen. Now I have to call him and be lik, "Batman Begins and batteries, I need them, pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase!!!"

Maybe I'll just content myself with Intermission. Or On The Edge. Or Girl With a Pearl Earring. Or 28 Days Later. Or Breakfast on Pluto. Decisions, decisions...

Hahahah! My Tech class at school started watching batman begins because our teacher was away. Then everyone's like "we want to school of rock instead!" im like WTF! school of rock? BATMAN! Anyway we didnt get to watch batman which just sucked big time, because i haven't seen it since i saw it in theatres sad.gif
  • Mmmyeah...Cillian Murphy is pretty damn hot. I love, love, love his eyes...they make me melt.
  • I definately agree
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Feb 25 2006, 05:46 PM)
    Mmmyeah...Cillian Murphy is pretty damn hot. I love, love, love his eyes...they make me melt.

Yes, yes, yes. I didn't get around to watching any of the aforementioned movies, but I really want to watch Girl With a Pearl Earring because he has a funny hat! And a bad wig!
  • A horribly bad wig hahaha tongue.gif
  • even as a creepy murderer guy cillian is amazingly hot

i also watched red eye just to see him wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Jedi3741 @ Feb 25 2006, 03:34 PM)
    I've never seen it on Much, which pisses me off, but whatever.

The guys were on VideoFlow a couple of months ago and they introduced the video after they did the dance. They were kind of promoting their show at the Horseshoe that night.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 26 2006, 07:00 PM)
    The guys were on VideoFlow a couple of months ago and they introduced the video after they did the dance. They were kind of promoting their show at the Horseshoe that night.

Really?! Ugh, I'm so mad I didn't see that mad.gif
  • It wasn't *that* great. You just missed Damian's announcement that he's going into space just to piss Lance Bass off and that Tim will henceforth be known as Tim Bass.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 1 2006, 05:16 PM)
    It wasn't *that* great. You just missed Damian's announcement that he's going into space just to piss Lance Bass off and that Tim will henceforth be known as Tim Bass.

Hah. Saweet.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 1 2006, 06:16 PM)
    It wasn't *that* great. You just missed Damian's announcement that he's going into space just to piss Lance Bass off and that Tim will henceforth be known as Tim Bass.

HAHAHAHAHA. That's the greatest thing I've ever heard. I want to see Damian go into space some day...that'd be hilarious...

Edit: Also please note that this was my 666th post. Tee hee. >:D
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 1 2006, 11:35 PM)
    HAHAHAHAHA. That's the greatest thing I've ever heard. I want to see Damian go into space some day...that'd be hilarious...

Edit: Also please note that this was my 666th post. Tee hee. >:D

Congrats Ms. Evil!
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Mar 1 2006, 11:31 PM)
    Congrats Ms. Evil!

Can you hear the orchestra playing "Night On Bald Mountain" in my unholy wake? Muahahaha.
  • QUOTE (Fionnuala @ Feb 23 2006, 01:26 AM)
    I don't really like videos where the band just plays and people dance around either. That's what concerts and talk show appearances are for. Sure, people at concerts don't look like they are trying, and failing, to time travel back to the 60s, but it's still basically the same thing. I dunno. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. I also never saw the original video, but this rock throwing sounds pretty exciting. And my eyes still feel weird.

I'm used to think the same as you about music videos, but Olivier Gondry music videos are... differents as usual vids where "band just plays and people dance around".
    Give Olivier a credit for using around 20 mini-cameras for this video shooting and the edition work he had to manage for the video... (Most of m/v directors are a band of lazy idiots.)

Bx
  • QUOTE (inmundabeach @ Mar 7 2006, 03:55 PM)
    I'm used to think the same as you about music videos, but Olivier Gondry music videos are... differents as usual vids where "band just plays and people dance around".
    Give Olivier a credit for using around 20 mini-cameras for this video shooting and the edition work he had to manage for the video... (Most of m/v directors are a band of lazy idiots.)

Bx

Hah, that's funny. They are quite the band of lazy idiots aren't they?
  • QUOTE (Jedi3741 @ Mar 7 2006, 06:00 PM)
    Hah, that's funny. They are quite the band of lazy idiots aren't they?

Olivier Gondry is someone to take off that list. Olivier and specially his brother Michel (the guy that made of the White Stripes a Lego cartoon), Spike Jonze, Chris Cunningham, Garth Jennings, Sofia Coppola, Alex & Martin, Jonathan Glazer, Mark Romanek, Anton Corbijn... But the rest (99% of m/v makers) is crap!

Bx
  • QUOTE (inmundabeach @ Mar 7 2006, 09:04 PM)
    Spike Jonze

Genius.
  • QUOTE (inmundabeach @ Mar 7 2006, 10:04 PM)
    Mark Romanek

My favorite! El Scorcho is my favorite video of all time- a perfect example of how to make a masterpiece out of a band sitting around playing music.