In this Discussion

The Orlando Show

edited November -1 in OK Go
Okay, why the hell was Damian arrested? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Comments

• dami was arrested?

how do you know about it and such?
  • Everyone's talking about it on the MySpace page and the Juggling Club but nobody seems to know what he did wrong.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 13 2006, 03:47 PM)
    Okay, why the hell was Damian arrested? Can anyone shed some light on this?

WHAT????????????

ohmy.gif
  • Okay, a gigantic thank you to twinkle on MySpace:

"he was blocking an entrance/exit [which is a fire hazard] and the police told him to move but he wouldn't. He had been drinking the show, [ 2 people in the crowd bought in double shots of whisky that he requested ] and he resisted arrest by the police officers. The cop then pushed him, and he said " What? Are you going to beat me up?"The cops cuffed him and he sat in front of the venue surrounded by security/cops and I don't know what happened after that."
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 13 2006, 04:44 PM)
    Okay, a gigantic thank you to twinkle on MySpace:

"he was blocking an entrance/exit [which is a fire hazard] and the police told him to move but he wouldn't. He had been drinking the show, [ 2 people in the crowd bought in double shots of whisky that he requested ] and he resisted arrest by the police officers. The cop then pushed him, and he said " What? Are you going to beat me up?"The cops cuffed him and he sat in front of the venue surrounded by security/cops and I don't know what happened after that."

Oh, man. He was blocking the entrance/exit at the Boston show in January. It definitely was a major fire hazard, but nobody was bothering him about it. huh.gif

Wow. Um. Wow.
  • Like, how was he blocking it? Just standing near the door? I don't get why they would freak out like that.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 13 2006, 04:54 PM)
    Like, how was he blocking it? Just standing near the door? I don't get why they would freak out like that.

Well, at the Boston show (NOT last night, mind you, I don't know what happened there, but it could be the same thing...), there was really only one entrance/exit out of the building (barring the backstage ones, but those don't count.) So basically there was a long hallway between the acutally "auditorium" (so to speak) and the entrance/exit. Damian was standing smack dab in the middle of the hallway, AND right by the merch tables. So there was a HUGE crush of people, between those who wanted to get out, those who were trying to buy stuff, and those who were trying to meet Dami. It was really poorly set up, and it honestly was a fire hazard.

But like I said, no one at the Boston show bothered him. And he was really rather sober post-show that night, as well.
  • Ohh, okay. I can see their point if the venue didn't have enough exits or something. Haha, apparently he was still talking and laughing with fans in his handcuffs.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 13 2006, 05:07 PM)
    Haha, apparently he was still talking and laughing with fans in his handcuffs.

Hee hee. That doesn't surprise me.

Do we know if he's like, out yet or what? Regardless, we should all make "Free Damian Kulash!" t-shirts. Just 'cause.
  • that's the last time that mother trucker pushes me....
  • QUOTE (76 @ Mar 13 2006, 05:27 PM)
    that's the last time that mother trucker pushes me....

Uh-oh.....
  • "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit."
    -Mitch Hedberg
  • Some more info from the Juggling Club:

"i was right in front of him. the officer approached him asking him to move and he told him he was allowed and to talk to the tour manager about it and the cop started raising his voice and pushing him. it was really unnecessary (the pushing, yelling, and the situation). it was definetly not blocking the entire exit. there are so many different ways to exit and there wasnt even a mass flow of people exiting the venue. motion city soundtrack was still playing. it was just the cops overreacting. i didn even see him resist arrest. as soon as they pulled out the cuffs he put his hands behind his back and went along with it."
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 13 2006, 07:24 PM)
    Some more info from the Juggling Club:

"i was right in front of him. the officer approached him asking him to move and he told him he was allowed and to talk to the tour manager about it and the cop started raising his voice and pushing him. it was really unnecessary (the pushing, yelling, and the situation). it was definetly not blocking the entire exit. there are so many different ways to exit and there wasnt even a mass flow of people exiting the venue. motion city soundtrack was still playing. it was just the cops overreacting. i didn even see him resist arrest. as soon as they pulled out the cuffs he put his hands behind his back and went along with it."

Ouch. Yeah. Damian's not the kind of guy I'd see fighting with the police. Possibly blocking an exit and being kinda' trashed, yeah.

That's it. I'm so making a "Free Damian!" t-shirt...
  • oh my ahaha

that sounds like a good idea. we should make free damian t-shirts in the style of the free pete tshirts from a couple of years ago haha
  • Thank you, Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore.
  • bwhahahaha!! Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore's post of the night's event is funny! I like the corn flakes part cause I imagine Damian on the floor acting like a monkey eating corn flakes while twirling around his hair.
    Had I been there the chants would have been "Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, NO!!! It's not worth it!" 'cause you know I got my boy's back

Yeah, Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore! Too bad you weren't there. Actually, no, maybe it's a good thing you weren't...

and eventually Damian, still handcuffed, was shoved into the back of a squad car and taken "downtown," a ride that became more fun when the SUV full of girls pulled up next to the cop car waving FREE DAMIAN signs. Damian thanks you, ladies.

HAHA. Kudos to them.

Upon arrival, our hero was mugshotted, fingerprinted and thrown into a cell with a bunch of people who didn't want to sign the OK Go email list.

Dude...I want to see this mugshot....

we should make free damian t-shirts in the style of the free pete tshirts from a couple of years ago haha

That's it, this is going to be my project over spring break....
  • I say we start a petition for the mugshot to be one of their MySpace pictures.
  • ya petition!