In this Discussion

4/20 Providence Show.Oh my!

edited November -1 in OK Go
Okay,well I wrote a huge explanation of the whole day,but I highly doubt anyone would take the time to read it,so i'll write a short summary here,but overall,it was one of my favorite days,ever. biggrin.gif

The day started off terribly,actually.I was almost certain tickets for this show would be available at the door,that is,until I went to the brown university website where it said it was sold out.
The word dissappointed doesn't even start to explain it.After frantically running around for about a half hour,I figured I'd go down to Brown and see if they could just sell one more ticket.Well,not even a block before the venue,I see Tim and Andy strolling down the street,suits and all. So I literally had my dad immediately pull over to the side of the road,jumped out of the car,ran across a major street,and finally reached Tim and Andy. Out of breath and all I managed to give Tim a scarf I had made him and talk to them momentarily.Finally Andy asked if I was going to the show at night,and I told them it was sold out.So,they were incredibly,incredibly kind and guestlisted me,such sweethearts! So I said goodbye for now,and left them to go walk around Providence. Later in the day my friend Kayla calls and asks if she can go to the gig,well,I was unsure as to what to say,but I figured she might find someone selling a ticket or something of the sort,so we went together. Damian pulls into the parking lot in front of the venue,and a group of four girls or so immediately go and say hi,including my friend and I. So we say hi,she gives him the scarf she had made for him,in which he said "it's like a tie scarf,cool! it smells really nice!",heh. Well,I felt bad for not giving Damian anything,so I gave him this random light-up,bizarrely huge heart ring I was wearing,and he wore it on his pinky tongue.gif So pictures were taken,random conversation about naked MC paul barman was had,and miraculously,Damian guestlisted my friend Kayla,which was unexpected,and incredibly nice of him.I swear,they are the absolute kindest band I've ever met.
We asked Damian if we could go give Dan and Andy the scarves we had made them,so he lets us go say hi and such,but Andy was nowhere to be found.Dan was fantastic,as usual! More pictures and random chit chat,and then,I turn to my right and see who else but Milosh! He was kinda shocked that I knew who he was/what he looked like,and definitely asked me how I put two and two together and if I was part of 'the holy trinity',heh.He's super nice,and I'm most definitely knitting him a scarf for the northampton show.
Anyway,back to the show itself.So doors opened quite late,and whilst waiting for OKGo to start playing I see Wookie the guitar tech and say hello,and couldn't help but to notice that Damian was having tons of trouble setting up the projectors,using trashcans and buckets and whatnot as stands.
When they did finally start playing,they were amazing,but the crowd participation was horrible! I've seen old grandma's who dance around more than half of those kids were,psh. Well,I had a great time,all factors considered,and they ended with a bang.Instead of them just doing the ' a million ways' dance,they brought 4 kids on stage and simultaneously did the dance,which was definitely a sight to be seen.The boys were definitely trying to show up the Brown kids and hamming it up,which is always fun to watch.I have a video of it,which I'll upload later.
So finally,after the show I see Andy,and gave him the scarf I had promised him before.He was somewhat surprised that I actually told him the truth before,I think. He was like "hey,you proved me wrong. It's very nice,pastel-like." or something to that effect,with a bit more humor.So we chatted for a short while about the Secret Dakota Ring and the UK and such,which is always nice.Milosh took a picture of my friend and I with Andy,which,I might post later if I find the time.He said I have to credit him if I use it,though,heh.
So,more pictures with Tim and autographs from the whole band on this silver bag that they had all previously signed,Andy and Damian have signed it three times,and Tim and Dan have signed it twice.Milosh signed it too,so I think it's pretty much my favorite piece of OKGo memorabilia ever.

So yes,that was my OKGo show experience. Absolutely fantastic.
I promise I'll post pictures/video later,I'm just incredibly lazy at the moment.
ps- sorry for the length of it!I tried cutting it down,but it's simply impossible.Well,for me,anyway.

Comments

• QUOTE (elleviesmusique @ Apr 21 2006, 09:05 PM)
    I turn to my right and see who else but Milosh! He was kinda shocked that I knew who he was/what he looked like,and definitely asked me how I put two and two together and if I was part of 'the holy trinity',heh.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. OMG, you have no idea for how long and hard I laughed when I saw that. I'm glad that Milosh knows who we are.

Oh man, you probably went to one of the best OK Go shows ever, it was at Damian's alma mater! Dude, too cool. You are so lucky!

Also, welcome to the boards! I don't know if I've done that yet. My name is Karleigh, btw.

Oh, you're Elle on myspace! I know who you are now. I commented on somethings you said on the comments part of OK Go's myspace, if you care.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 21 2006, 09:31 PM)
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. OMG, you have no idea for how long and hard I laughed when I saw that. I'm glad that Milosh knows who we are.

Oh man, you probably went to one of the best OK Go shows ever, it was at Damian's alma mater! Dude, too cool. You are so lucky!

Also, welcome to the boards! I don't know if I've done that yet. My name is Karleigh, btw.

Oh, you're Elle on myspace! I know who you are now. I commented on somethings you said on the comments part of OK Go's myspace, if you care.

I'm glad I could oblige,haha. He was like "those girls are crazy! (in the kindest way,of course!) I'm even giving them tasks for them to do for me now" or something to that effect,heh.
    And,thanks! It was amazing,and definitely by pure chance,the boys are amazing,they really are.
    And,why thank you. I've been lurking around for a while,I just don't post much,and,I know who you are as well,via myspace comments on the OKGo page at least,heh.
    Yep,that's me.And,I read it smile.gif I'm sure Milosh will make sure that the pictures on your camera are of top quality,though,the sight of dan almost choking himself with the scarf I made him might be worthy of being on the camera,lol.

Oh man,I'm so excited to see them all again. OKGo has to be one of the only bands that I've seen live who consistently put on amazing shows/ take the time to talk to fans and be sincere about it. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (elleviesmusique @ Apr 21 2006, 09:40 PM)
    I'm glad I could oblige,haha. He was like "those girls are crazy! (in the kindest way,of course!) I'm even giving them tasks for them to do for me now" or something to that effect,heh.
    And,thanks! It was amazing,and definitely by pure chance,the boys are amazing,they really are.
    And,why thank you. I've been lurking around for a while,I just don't post much,and,I know who you are as well,via myspace comments on the OKGo page at least,heh.
    Yep,that's me.And,I read it smile.gif I'm sure Milosh will make sure that the pictures on your camera are of top quality,though,the sight of dan almost choking himself with the scarf I made him might be worthy of being on the camera,lol.

Oh man,I'm so excited to see them all again. OKGo has to be one of the only bands that I've seen live who consistently put on amazing shows/ take the time to talk to fans and be sincere about it. biggrin.gif

I added you, btw. You are awesome and you make me miss my friend, Ell3.
  • QUOTE (elleviesmusique @ Apr 21 2006, 09:05 PM)
    More pictures and random chit chat,and then,I turn to my right and see who else but Milosh! He was kinda shocked that I knew who he was/what he looked like,and definitely asked me how I put two and two together and if I was part of 'the holy trinity',heh.He's super nice,and I'm most definitely knitting him a scarf for the northampton show.

ohmy.gif

He asked you about us? God, he must think we're insane! Also- *excited!* that he'll be at the NoHo show. And you, too!

Sounds like you had a great time! I can't wait for Wednesday!
  • Yes! And,I can guarantee you he loves the attention! See you at the show!

And finally,some pictures.
    please,please don't mind how disgusting I look.I seriously took a shower,threw on clothes,and flew out of the house,hence why my hair is HUGE and I just,don't look good,whatsoever,heh.I'm starting to think it's impossible for me to get a decent picture with them,really.However,they all look fantastic as usual. smile.gif

- The expression on my face is so weird.Of course,my camera was being slow,so RIGHT when the flash went off I was JUST about to ask my friend why the camera was being so slow,and there's the result of that,heh.

(post show pictures are always horrible,so please excuse my overall ickiness.)

(the sign was for my friend Jenna,who couldn't be there that night.Andy was like "I'm going to try and look really serious in this picture",hah.)

There's a few more,but yet again,I'm lazy. So,I'll get around to it later. tongue.gif

ps- I do have a picture with Milosh,if any of you would like to see it.I just didn't want to post it right out in the open just in case some of you like the mystery or something of the sorts.Milosh said something like "i hope you know you can't post those online and reveal my identity",but he was just kidding around.So,if you'd like to see it,I'll post it. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (elleviesmusique @ Apr 21 2006, 11:06 PM)
    Yes! And,I can guarantee you he loves the attention! See you at the show!

And finally,some pictures.
    please,please don't mind how disgusting I look.I seriously took a shower,threw on clothes,and flew out of the house,hence why my hair is HUGE and I just,don't look good,whatsoever,heh.I'm starting to think it's impossible for me to get a decent picture with them,really.However,they all look fantastic as usual. smile.gif

- The expression on my face is so weird.Of course,my camera was being slow,so RIGHT when the flash went off I was JUST about to ask my friend why the camera was being so slow,and there's the result of that,heh.

(post show pictures are always horrible,so please excuse my overall ickiness.)

(the sign was for my friend Jenna,who couldn't be there that night.Andy was like "I'm going to try and look really serious in this picture",hah.)

There's a few more,but yet again,I'm lazy. So,I'll get around to it later. tongue.gif

Awww. These are all awesome.

Damian needs to shaaaaaave. For serious.

Dan look sooooooooooooo cute in that pic of him and his scarf!

And I was really confused by why you and Andy were standing in a school....and then I remembered, hey, that's Brown...haha.
  • Ahhh Elley, you know I think that is freaking INSANE. That has got to be one of the greatest OK GO experiences ever.

And the fact that you were guestlisted by OK GO is just too fabulous for words. I love the pictures and everything, you're too lucky, girl!
  • QUOTE (elleviesmusique @ Apr 21 2006, 11:06 PM)
    ps- I do have a picture with Milosh,if any of you would like to see it.I just didn't want to post it right out in the open just in case some of you like the mystery or something of the sorts.Milosh said something like "i hope you know you can't post those online and reveal my identity",but he was just kidding around.So,if you'd like to see it,I'll post it. wink.gif

I actually would. The picture I have is quite old so I need a fresh one! Thanks!
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 22 2006, 12:54 AM)
    I actually would. The picture I have is quite old so I need a fresh one! Thanks!

Hah,okay.
    click for milosh! cool.gif

And,thanks Kaylee! It was a fantastic time that I'm sure I won't forget for a while.
  • QUOTE (elleviesmusique @ Apr 22 2006, 02:02 PM)
    Hah,okay.

And,thanks Kaylee! It was a fantastic time that I'm sure I won't forget for a while.

He really never changes, but his hair does get gradually bigger.
  • QUOTE (elleviesmusique @ Apr 22 2006, 02:02 PM)
    Hah,okay.

Dude! I so met Milosh at the last NoHo show in Nov., haha. I think I freaked him out or something... blink.gif
  • He looks so cute and huggable.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 22 2006, 10:52 PM)
    He looks so cute and huggable.

Krose our goal is to gang up on him at a Tempe show and we will bombard him with love and take pictures with him. Lol.
  • QUOTE (lightamatch4me @ Apr 23 2006, 04:34 AM)
    Krose our goal is to gang up on him at a Tempe show and we will bombard him with love and take pictures with him. Lol.

IDK why but he's a lot cuter than I imagined.

Edit: More like rememberd. I saw a picture of him a while back, this one is cuter.
  • Looks like you had a good time..hopfully I'll see them in June and have just as a good time..I thought it was funny about the sign..my name's Jenna too...lol..so I guess it's pretty easy to give the guys stuff right? I wanna try making something special. I know I'm gonna sound really dumb..but I think I'm the only person who doesn't really know who Milosh is. I've heard his name a lot. Can someone explain who he is to me..I feel like a complete idiot.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Apr 23 2006, 04:20 PM)
    Looks like you had a good time..hopfully I'll see them in June and have just as a good time..I thought it was funny about the sign..my name's Jenna too...lol..so I guess it's pretty easy to give the guys stuff right? I wanna try making something special. I know I'm gonna sound really dumb..but I think I'm the only person who doesn't really know who Milosh is. I've heard his name a lot. Can someone explain who he is to me..I feel like a complete idiot.

Milosh is the guy that runs myspace, the online store, and he used to be the merch guy. His real name is Mike.
  • QUOTE (lightamatch4me @ Apr 23 2006, 01:34 AM)

Lol! Awesome, I'm so in on that. Maybe he too deserves a roach broach. Hey, if he's the merch guy, he can sell some of our fine quality okgo roach broach merchandies, lol.

Elleviesmusique, sounds like you had a phenomenal time! I was wondering what it would be like to go to the show at Damian's old college. I'm so glad you posted it. Also, it was not long and rambling at all. Don't be so hard on yourself. I eagerly read every bit of your post. Thanks for sharing it. The blue scarf that Damian is wearing in the pic with you, is that one of the scarfs that you made?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 23 2006, 06:37 PM)
    Lol! Awesome, I'm so in on that. Maybe he too deserves a roach broach. Hey, if he's the merch guy, he can sell some of our fine quality okgo roach broach merchandies, lol.

Elleviesmusique, sounds like you had a phenomenal time! I was wondering what it would be like to go to the show at Damian's old college. I'm so glad you posted it. Also, it was not long and rambling at all. Don't be so hard on yourself. I eagerly read every bit of your post. Thanks for sharing it. The blue scarf that Damian is wearing in the pic with you, is that one of the scarfs that you made?

Ah,thanks! I tend to go into detail quite often,so I was unsure if it was too "and then,this! and five minutes later!" and so on,and so forth. And,no problem! To answer your question,yes.Well,my friend Kayla made it.I made the rest of the scarfs,but she wanted to give one of hers to a band member,and it just so happened that Damian was the first one that she met that day,heh.

Also,attackoftheelves,it's pretty easy to give the guys stuff. Usually it's easier to give them stuff after the shows,because more times than not they almost always come out after shows,and very gracious to accept them. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (elleviesmusique @ Apr 23 2006, 06:55 PM)
    Ah,thanks! I tend to go into detail quite often,so I was unsure if it was too "and then,this! and five minutes later!" and so on,and so forth. And,no problem! To answer your question,yes.Well,my friend Kayla made it.I made the rest of the scarfs,but she wanted to give one of hers to a band member,and it just so happened that Damian was the first one that she met that day,heh.

Also,attackoftheelves,it's pretty easy to give the guys stuff. Usually it's easier to give them stuff after the shows,because more times than not they almost always come out after shows,and very gracious to accept them. smile.gif

I tend to write a lot myself. It's hard to hold back, especially when you have the opportunity to gush about ok go. Those scarfs are beautiful! Very professional, like something you could buy in a nice department store. Do you know how to knit?

Attackoftheelves, you should bring them something, even if it's only a picture. The guys love to get presents and are very sweet about it.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 23 2006, 10:08 PM)
    I tend to write a lot myself. It's hard to hold back, especially when you have the opportunity to gush about ok go. Those scarfs are beautiful! Very professional, like something you could buy in a nice department store. Do you know how to knit?

Attackoftheelves, you should bring them something, even if it's only a picture. The guys love to get presents and are very sweet about it.

I've spent so much time on the gifts for these boys. I collected ties and brooches I've found over the past month or so, then there are the shirts. Dude, I hope they like them.