In this Discussion

4/20 Providence Show.Oh my!

2»

Comments

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 23 2006, 10:08 PM)
    I tend to write a lot myself. It's hard to hold back, especially when you have the opportunity to gush about ok go. Those scarfs are beautiful! Very professional, like something you could buy in a nice department store. Do you know how to knit?

Attackoftheelves, you should bring them something, even if it's only a picture. The guys love to get presents and are very sweet about it.

Ah,I totally agree,heh.And,thanks! I actually learned a few weeks ago from an online tutorial.A few friends and I thought we needed a new hobby,and there's nothing like seeing the expression on someone's face when you say " I knitted this myself!" and you're only fourteen,heh. I hope the boys liked them,even though they might not get that much use out of them in the middle of spring/summer. tongue.gif

And,I definitely encourage anyone who wants to give OKGo presents to do so as well,they're some of the kindest guys I've ever met,really.
  • QUOTE (elleviesmusique @ Apr 23 2006, 11:57 PM)
    Ah,I totally agree,heh.And,thanks! I actually learned a few weeks ago from an online tutorial.A few friends and I thought we needed a new hobby,and there's nothing like seeing the expression on someone's face when you say " I knitted this myself!" and you're only fourteen,heh. I hope the boys liked them,even though they might not get that much use out of them in the middle of spring/summer. tongue.gif

And,I definitely encourage anyone who wants to give OKGo presents to do so as well,they're some of the kindest guys I've ever met,really.

Where is this online tutorial???? I have been trying to learn for a year!
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 24 2006, 12:27 AM)

You've been trying to learn to knit for a year? blink.gif I'd teach you, but that'd be kinda' hard...

QUOTE (elleviesmusique @ Apr 23 2006, 09:55 PM)
    Ah,thanks! I tend to go into detail quite often,so I was unsure if it was too "and then,this! and five minutes later!" and so on,and so forth.

I do the saaaaaaaaame thing. When when I was way younger, I used to keep a consistent written journal, it would take me the entire summer to write about vacation because I'd write out like, every detail, forget to finish, go back to it three weeks later, add more details....tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 24 2006, 12:45 AM)
    You've been trying to learn to knit for a year? blink.gif I'd teach you, but that'd be kinda' hard...
    I do the saaaaaaaaame thing. When when I was way younger, I used to keep a consistent written journal, it would take me the entire summer to write about vacation because I'd write out like, every detail, forget to finish, go back to it three weeks later, add more details....tongue.gif

Get online you whore!

Sorry, I just like, need you.

Anywho, I 've found that audio diaries are easier than writing them out.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 24 2006, 12:27 AM)

http://www.learntoknit.com/instructions_kn.php3

That's the tutorial I used,hope that helps! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (elleviesmusique @ Apr 24 2006, 12:48 AM)
    http://www.learntoknit.com/instructions_kn.php3

That's the tutorial I used,hope that helps! biggrin.gif

Sadly I think these pictures are the same ones in my "Knitting for Dummies" book, and no, after reading it I still can't knit.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 24 2006, 12:56 AM)
    Sadly I think these pictures are the same ones in my "Knitting for Dummies" book, and no, after reading it I still can't knit.

Really? I did fine with Knitting for Dummies. Have you tried "Stich n' Bitch"? That's another great book.

(PS I am not getting on IM, I still have a paper to write. Dammit! Why do I do this...)
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 23 2006, 09:45 PM)
    When when I was way younger, I used to keep a consistent written journal, it would take me the entire summer to write about vacation because I'd write out like, every detail, forget to finish, go back to it three weeks later, add more details....tongue.gif

That is soooo me. I'm still trying to finish jotting down details from my ok go concert from a month ago. Of course, I've already got all the ok go parts written down. I don't need every detail! I don't know what's w/ me and stupid details. We go together so well, me and stupid details.
  • Have you tried looking for a class at Michal's or something? I learned how to knit from someone not a book. But i find crocheting to be much easier.
  • Crocheting is easier, but I have knitting needles and I want to use them. I wish I could take a class but I never have time. Even though it may not seem like it, I'm usually researching or writing some obscenely long paper as I comment on these boards.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 23 2006, 11:07 PM)
    Crocheting is easier, but I have knitting needles and I want to use them. I wish I could take a class but I never have time. Even though it may not seem like it, I'm usually researching or writing some obscenely long paper as I comment on these boards.

You are a multi tasker. Lol. I cant do that. Do you know anyone who knits? Maybe if you find kinda like a kiddie website to learn from. I did that. I dont remember the website though. It was a long time ago.
  • Find it! I need Knitting for the Mentally Challenged since I can't manage the one for Dummies or the Complete Idiot's Guide.
  • http://www.knittinghelp.com

it's videos! yay! this helped me loads!
  • QUOTE (oknow @ Apr 24 2006, 09:43 PM)
    http://www.knittinghelp.com

it's videos! yay! this helped me loads!

thanks buddy! Do you have myspace?
  • unfortunately no. i have myspace phobia. that and plus if I get an account, my manager will totally be stalking me and putting up loads of crap cause he sucks and has myspace and is old and bald. too risky and scary. but I might share one with Tempe Arizona! if you guys can teach us! pleeze!
  • QUOTE (oknow @ Apr 24 2006, 07:08 PM)
    unfortunately no. i have myspace phobia. that and plus if I get an account, my manager will totally be stalking me and putting up loads of crap cause he sucks and has myspace and is old and bald. too risky and scary. but I might share one with Tempe Arizona! if you guys can teach us! pleeze!

Oknow, wanna start a roach broach page? Or just a page about us? or both? It's your call. (I hate writing papers, I wanna chat with all you peeps sad.gif )

Eww, what's with your boss?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 24 2006, 07:13 PM)
    Oknow, wanna start a roach broach page? Or just a page about us? or both? It's your call. (I hate writing papers, I wanna chat with all you peeps sad.gif )

I wish I had a job so then when I got home I could bitch about how bad my boss is. Haha laugh.gif. But Im sorry your boss is old and bald, and guessing by the way you decribed him he must not be a cool bald like Tim but lame bald like... a bad boss, haha.
    Oknow, wanna start a roach broach page? Or just a page about us? or both? It's your call. (I hate writing papers, I wanna chat with all you peeps )

sure! maybe when we have time, when you're not writing papers, not now though
    haha! j/k. actually my boss is 30 and is kinda losing some hair at the top. but I just find my boss really annoying. it's just me. everyone else loves him. i hate him... oh well. but he does have a myspace page only cause he digs the millions of chicks out there like u guys...he's looking at your page right about now. j/k haha but kinda not really sometimes laugh.gif blink.gif
  • Lol, ah creepy bosses, how interesting. Should I get me a creepy boss? Ok, time to go to the roach broach thread. I want to talk more about making a roach broach myspace