In this Discussion

music match

Comments

• Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

I hope I'm not dating myself by saying this, but that was one of the first tapes I ever owned. And for oknow, I'd like to mention that "Careless Whisper" is the best song on that album, and Barenaked Ladies does an AWESOME cover of it. wink.gif
  • Shake It Up - The Cars

[Rufus Wainwright and Ben Folds do a really cool cover of Careless Whisper, too]
  • Something Corporate - I Woke Up in a Car
  • Wake Up - The Arcade Fire
  • This Fire - Franz Ferdinand
  • This Love - Maroon 5
  • Jump For My Love - Pointer Sisters

(Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
    hahahaha!!! laugh.gif Do you remember the video?!)
  • The 80s were the best! (So if I'm hearing a tv show theme song, does it count as part of this thread?)
    Cause I'm hearing "That 70s Show's" theme song
  • I think a theme counts, but only as long as it contains one of the words from the previous entry.

So if we're switching to the "That 70s Show" theme, which would be:
    Season One: "In The Street," Todd Griffin
    Season Two forward: "That '70s Song (In the Street)" by Cheap Trick

Then I go with "I Want You To Want Me" by Cheap Trick.

But if we're still on the Pointer Sisters, whose tape I ALSO owned, I go with "Jump Around" by House of Pain. Someone needs to decide which direction we're going in here! blink.gif unsure.gif

And that video did rock, oknow! wink.gif

***Edit: 100th post, go team me!
  • I think she just confused this with the "What are you listening to" thread.

Brick House - The Commodores
  • Tempe, confused?! NEVAR! tongue.gif

Ben Folds Five - Brick
  • Ben Kweller - Falling
  • Gee, I haven't done this band in the last three guesses... wacko.gif

BARENAKED LADIES - FALLING FOR THE FIRST TIME

Also, in the same word vein and on the same (AMAZINGLY MINDBLOWING) album is "Tonight Is The Night I Fell Asleep At the Wheel." Awesome, awesome song.

I feel like I need to start playing Dungeons and Dragons or something now... I'm such a dork. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Suggrr @ Apr 29 2006, 12:36 AM)
    Gee, I haven't done this band in the last three guesses... wacko.gif

BARENAKED LADIES - FALLING FOR THE FIRST TIME

Also, in the same word vein and on the same (AMAZINGLY MINDBLOWING) album is "Tonight Is The Night I Fell Asleep At the Wheel." Awesome, awesome song.
    I feel like I need to start playing Dungeons and Dragons or something now... I'm such a dork. biggrin.gif

I'm not so much a fan of "Tonight is the night...." but there are some other really good ones on that record that I can't remember right now that I like.

Nick Drake- "I Could Have Been One Of These Things First"
  • QUOTE (Suggrr @ Apr 28 2006, 01:56 PM)
    Tempe, confused?! NEVAR! tongue.gif

That's right Tempe is never confused! (Except this time, but that doesn't count)

So back to the game and I'll shush up and watch
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 29 2006, 02:24 AM)
    That's right Tempe is never confused! (Except this time, but that doesn't count)

So back to the game and I'll shush up and watch

haha no you should join in. it's tons of fun...i'm pretty sure i like this game most out of all the ones on this board.

The Chiffons - One Fine Day

(from the movie of the same title. mmm...don't you love how George Clooney is so adorable even when he's passed out on the couch?)
  • I Need Some Fine Wine And You, You Need To Be Nicer - The Cardigans
  • Ben Folds Five - Sports & Wine
  • Iron and Wine- "Such Great Heights"

(I like this version of this song! I don't understand why everyone else hates it! tongue.gif )
  • Brian Jonestown Massacre You Look Great When I'm High