In this Discussion

So is anybody other than Carin is actually going to the 5/18 show?

edited November -1 in OK Go
Bulletin from Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore (who has not fallen off the planet, apparently...) on MySpace:

OK Go has teamed up with WFNX in Boston (that's 101.7 on your radio dial) to put together a Fan Correspondent Contest for the upcoming Best Music Poll show on May 18th. They're picking 4 people to be Fan Correspondents. They'll each get to interview a band member, video tape the show, and put together a Fan Correspondent video that will be shown to YouTube and fnxradio.com. Whoever makes the best video gets big prizes, plus the title of Supreme Undisputed Ruler of All OK Go Fans (Boston Division). Check out bestmusicpoll.com/okgo to enter, and request "Invincible" at fnxradio.com.

Information from said website:

So you’re a SUPER FAN for the band Ok Go! ~ can’t wait until May 18th to see them rock the stage at Best Music Poll? FNX and the Phoenix are taking your love for this band one step further...up close and personal! Register to be One of Four super fan’s to meet the band, interview them and film their performance. Here’s the ONLY catch – you MUST edit the film within one week and send it to us to post on our web-site to be voted on. The video that receives the most votes will get to VIP treatment at the next OK Go! Show in Boston to include a private interview!

Umm. So that sounds cool. Guess who's pissed that she's not going? Ooh ooh, me me! Actually, it's not that big of deal, because I wouldn't be around to enjoy whatever "VIP treatment" they set up for the next Boston show anyway, as I'll be in Paris. tongue.gif Ah, well.

(If you read my LJ regularly, you've probably already read this, haha...)

Edit: I totally messed up the title for this thread, didn't I....

Comments

• Aww, I was hoping that you'd go!!!! This makes me sad.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ May 11 2006, 01:10 PM)
    Aww, I was hoping that you'd go!!!! This makes me sad.

Yeah, well, I was hoping that I'd go, too. Raspberries on my parents. tongue.gif

As much as I want to go to Hawai'i....I kinda' wish I wasn't....
  • Aww, well, at least you can watch OK Go concert videos on YouTube....
  • It's not the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.....*cries*

Okay, I'm good. wink.gif
  • I wish I had a video camera so I could actually stand a chance at being at Super Fan Correspondent. I have a video camera (which is wicked ghetto old), but I have no connections to the computer. Gosh, I really want to be one too.

Damnit! sad.gif
  • Rahh.
    I wanted to go to this show SO badly,but it's eighteen plus.
    If it wasn't,I'd totally sign up to be a fan correspondent and all that good stuff.
    It's at times like these when I wish I either A)had a fake ID or B ) aged three years(and a few months) in a week.
    Unfortunately, both are very unlikely.
    However,this show sounds like it's going to be absolutely fantastic.
  • QUOTE (elleviesmusique @ May 11 2006, 06:47 PM)
    Rahh.
    I wanted to go to this show SO badly,but it's eighteen plus.
    If it wasn't,I'd totally sign up to be a fan correspondent and all that good stuff.
    It's at times like these when I wish I either A)had a fake ID or B ) aged three years(and a few months) in a week.
    Unfortunately, both are very unlikely.
    However,this show sounds like it's going to be absolutely fantastic.

We can be sad and all "I wish I were there..." together. And Carin can be sad because we won't be there and she doesn't have a video camera.

*le sigh*
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ May 11 2006, 06:28 PM)
    I wish I had a video camera so I could actually stand a chance at being at Super Fan Correspondent. I have a video camera (which is wicked ghetto old), but I have no connections to the computer. Gosh, I really want to be one too.

Damnit! sad.gif

Carin, if you ever want to do it, alert me with enough time and I'll ship my camera to you. You'd make THE BEST fan correspondent!
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ May 11 2006, 09:30 PM)
    Carin, if you ever want to do it, alert me with enough time and I'll ship my camera to you. You'd make THE BEST fan correspondent!

Aww thanks! I really want to do it sometime...but, I guess it's best if I don't do it this time. I probably wouldn't even get it anyways. You rock!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 11 2006, 03:26 AM)
    Whoever makes the best video gets big prizes, plus the title of Supreme Undisputed Ruler of All OK Go Fans (Boston Division).

WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

TOTALLY unfair!

how can I win if the show is EIGHTEEN PLUS??

I feel like crying, seriously. I'm NEVER going to see them in concert. I'm never going to meet any of them. NEVER!
    I feel like I have no reason to live.

who listens to FNX nonstop?(me) Who is def. a superfan of Ok Go?(me, alonmg w/ others)
    who would totally learn how to work a video camera if i could go to this show?(me)
    who would go out and BUY a video camera just so she could get the chance to do this?(me, tho I'd be more likely to borrow my friend's)
    (who wouldn't win anyways but would piss herself just for getting the chance?me!!)

GAH. asklfha;oruigyhkjdf.vner (expletives galore) asldihklfsdjbghe;karuyfghkjfbv!

I Hate the world.

(actually, I do have a reason to live. RHCP in october, bitches! )
    (I'm just feeling really overdramatic and depressed because I still have two more years to go until I can event hink of seeing Ok Go. Believe me, it's that depressing)

EDIT:

I just realized that I actually have my math team banquet that day. (yes, I'm on math team, yes we were division 4 champions, yes we have a banquet, and yes, the seniors get varsity letters. I'm that cool.)

so, I guess I won't be sitting at home all night bawling my eyes out. that's good, at least.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ May 11 2006, 10:59 PM)
    WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

TOTALLY unfair!

how can I win if the show is EIGHTEEN PLUS??

I feel like crying, seriously. I'm NEVER going to see them in concert. I'm never going to meet any of them. NEVER!
    I feel like I have no reason to live.

who listens to FNX nonstop?(me) Who is def. a superfan of Ok Go?(me, alonmg w/ others)
    who would totally learn how to work a video camera if i could go to this show?(me)
    who would go out and BUY a video camera just so she could get the chance to do this?(me, tho I'd be more likely to borrow my friend's)
    (who wouldn't win anyways but would piss herself just for getting the chance?me!!)

GAH. asklfha;oruigyhkjdf.vner (expletives galore) asldihklfsdjbghe;karuyfghkjfbv!

I Hate the world.

Awwwwwwww. *virtual hugs* Seriously, if you ever wanna'/can come out for a NoHo show, they tend to be all ages, and you're more than welcome to stay with me. Well, not next year. Next year I'll be in France. But my senior year, we're good. smile.gif
  • awww, thanks!

I guess its my ultimate lesson in patience, or something like that.
    but if they do get to Northhampton at some point when you're there, I'll def. take you up on that.

If I apply to Smith, it'll serve a double purpose- college visits and Ok Go. niice.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ May 11 2006, 11:11 PM)
    If I apply to Smith, it'll serve a double purpose- college visits and Ok Go. niice.

Yes yes!!! smile.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ May 11 2006, 11:11 PM)
    awww, thanks!

I guess its my ultimate lesson in patience, or something like that.
    but if they do get to Northhampton at some point when you're there, I'll def. take you up on that.

But the thing is, once you get to 18, you'll be like, shit, I'm not 21 yet. It's one age barrier after another. It still pisses me off that I couldn't go to the after party in Austin because I'm only 19 and all the bars downtown are 21 and up. GAH!
  • umm... i think carin you should take me to the show, lol.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ May 11 2006, 11:40 PM)
    But the thing is, once you get to 18, you'll be like, shit, I'm not 21 yet. It's one age barrier after another. It still pisses me off that I couldn't go to the after party in Austin because I'm only 19 and all the bars downtown are 21 and up. GAH!

Yeah, I've definitely been rueing (spelling anyone?) the fact that I'm not 21 yet. But still, once you hit 18, you can at least get into 90% of shows.
  • True, but can't you get into them with your parents? My mom loves going, and I don't even need her to. BTW, I have a special picture to show you all:

That's my mom with the lead singer (Ben) of The Lashes. I know, she's the shit. The shirt she's wearing (yes, the one I made) has all 4 autographs of OK Go, and she's the one that asked for them. I am so proud.
  • You picked the randomest thread to post that on, haha.
  • true, but where should I post it? We were talking about being underage and stuff.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ May 11 2006, 08:59 PM)
    true, but where should I post it? We were talking about being underage and stuff.

Nevertheless, that pic is adorable. I wanna meet the Lashes now! They sound like such nice guys!