In this Discussion

Pittsburgh show 5/12

edited November -1 in OK Go
I was so glad the Ok Go came back to Pittsburgh. Mr. Smalls used to be a church so I think the bands kind of like the venue.

Even though The Lashes were from Seattle, we still welcomed them. They want to give props to both Pittsburgh and Millvale so they, by audience participation, they called us Millsburgh.(and he said that it looked like a Tim Burton movie) One of their fans won a contest or something along that sort and they invited her on the stage towards the end of the set. She was so excited.

Ok Go came on and it was even more amazing the second time. I was surprised to see a lot of OkGo fans because at Mr. Smalls you never know who will show up. Damian raised a glass to the over 21 crowd at the bar and told a girl in the front row to run his ten bucks to a poor soul at the bar. He made a couple trips into the crowd in front of the stage and ran to stand on the bar. They sang, they rocked. It was amazing.

Afterward we met them and the Tally Halls, I gave Tim the audio blog assignment. I didn't realize that Damian was outside so when we walked out to leave. We had an awesome conversation and at the time, there only my friends behind me, but as we were talking there was a line forming and I didn't realize it...i was blocking the line. If you were in the line and one of the people annoyed with me, I apologize. I got excited, but next time I will share Damian.

Perhaps I'll post pictures at a later time.

Comments

• i'm glad you had a great time.

i need to see tally hall, live they are so awesome.
  • Ohhhh, Tally Hall, The Lashes and OK Go....what a fabulous show that must have been.

Glad to hear you had a good time!
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ May 13 2006, 02:40 PM)
    i'm glad you had a great time.

i need to see tally hall, live they are so awesome.

Have you seen their videos? They're almost as much fun as their music... which, as you know, is so much fun (I'm so articulate).

Mmmm. Tally Hall.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ May 13 2006, 11:17 PM)
    Have you seen their videos? They're almost as much fun as their music... which, as you know, is so much fun (I'm so articulate).

Mmmm. Tally Hall.

i love their videos. lol andrew and his letters to bob barker, too funny. men can be beautiful too. lol i love the boys, they are too cute!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ May 14 2006, 04:25 AM)
    i love their videos. lol andrew and his letters to bob barker, too funny. men can be beautiful too. lol i love the boys, they are too cute!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

"Directions" in my fav. since it was the first I saw. Oh my lord, they're so adorable. I have yet to see them live/actually find their album (I need to order it off Amazon or the like. I just have a fear of buying things offline. I'm irrational sometimes).
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ May 13 2006, 10:06 PM)
    I have yet to see them live/actually find their album (I need to order it off Amazon or the like. I just have a fear of buying things offline. I'm irrational sometimes).

haha yeah i am too. i ended up going to 2 tower records stores and a borders before i finally got a copy of their cd. i definitely recommend it.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ May 14 2006, 12:06 AM)
    "Directions" in my fav. since it was the first I saw. Oh my lord, they're so adorable. I have yet to see them live/actually find their album (I need to order it off Amazon or the like. I just have a fear of buying things offline. I'm irrational sometimes).

that one is too funny!!!
    i actually bought the cd off their website yesterday. lol i sent a message to andrew asking them to come back to tx and i would bake them all brownies and cookies. he said they will come back and he is holding me to that promise of brownies. lol andrew is just too rad! biggrin.gif
  • [quote] Have you seen their videos? They're almost as much fun as their music... which, as you know, is so much fun (I'm so articulate).

Mmmm. Tally Hall.[quote]

I only saw the Banana one and it was so funny. they are great guys. One of my friends over heard someone say they wanted to bring a banana to throw on stage, I think that would have been totally acceptable.
  • agh!!!! I missed it because my stupid parents wouldnt let me go...curse this inpenetrable bubble they put me in....*sobs angrily*