In this Discussion

Everything I need to know I learned from OkGo

Comments

• 65. Happy trails, happy trails, happy trails. (It's a Disaster)

I once had to sing Happy Trails To You in the third grade buckaroo review.
  • QUOTE (unicornsplzzz @ Apr 10 2006, 09:20 PM)
    65. Happy trails, happy trails, happy trails. (It's a Disaster)

blink.gif ... uhhh WHAT!?!?
  • QUOTE (lightamatch4me @ Apr 10 2006, 09:22 PM)
    blink.gif ... uhhh WHAT!?!?

I don't know, it was a cowboy song or something and we had to sing it.
  • QUOTE (unicornsplzzz @ Apr 10 2006, 09:23 PM)
    I don't know, it was a cowboy song or something and we had to sing it.

Lol. That would scar me for life.
  • "Happy Trails to You" is an old song from Roy Rogers. The fact that you had to sing it is so cute and cowboyish! And yeah, when I hear that Ok Go line, I too think of the Roy Rogers song, lol.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 10 2006, 10:12 PM)
    "Happy Trails to You" is an old song from Roy Rogers. The fact that you had to sing it is so cute and cowboyish! And yeah, when I hear that Ok Go line, I too think of the Roy Rogers song, lol.

Lol. Wow I feel so left out now. mellow.gif
  • Aww, so cute. Don't worry about it. You can find it on the internet someplace probably. I'm sure if you heard the song you'd know it wink.gif
  • QUOTE (e 5170a @ Apr 11 2006, 03:31 AM)
    hello kay!
    hello katy!
    hello kelsey!

and..hi to everyone else i might have missed.

and wow... you guys had me laughing SOOO hard with "LEIK, LOLZ". up to 16 pages already? haha INCREDIBLE.

I'm Amy. Welcome to the board!

Feel free to jump in when we have a LEIK II thread.... it's bound to happen again soon [simply because it was way too fun for its own good <3].
  • You're awsome tonetoile! Let me in on when there'll be another boardie party on the JC.
  • QUOTE (unicornsplzzz @ Apr 11 2006, 12:20 AM)
    65. Happy trails, happy trails, happy trails. (It's a Disaster)

Ok, OK, I missed the introductions on the last page, I'm Fabulous K or Karleigh, whatever floats your boat.

BTW, Katy would def say that happy trails is something completely different.

are we on 66?

66. Never eating ice cream or performing the sex act mean you're pure.
  • 67. You know i still can't write to you well (T's Song)
    68. Though its all confusing, im less scared of heights(T's Song)
    69. Perhaps i just missed, the part where you got up off your ass and did something for yourself(Down for the Count)
    70. Bartender singing Clementine, while hes turning around the open sign (Clementine)
    71. Though the votes have not been tallied, and the soil annalysis seems to have been obscurred by laboratory error, we feel very sure it seems that the cat has enjoyed some great success now eats fine couisine but oh how we've watched and applauded from our chairs...( Oh my little kitten)
    72.But ive got my piles of sand, they're kinda like whats left over from a screwed up old broken eggtimer(Time/Speed)
    73. Pointless to be there, just as with elsewhere(Time/Speed)
    74. His head is a big black hole full of big black things(Fuzz and We Dug a Hole)
    75. All the eggshelled friends too nervous, but we tiptoe oh so well(Bruise Grey)
    76. Nobody buys her drinks, so quit it(Bruise Grey)
    77. Another thick smoke stacked day, and waiting, and the park kids they still kiss(Bruise Grey)
    78. Bruise Grey covers everything(Bruise Grey) (its a long song so i have to have a lot of lessons i learned)
    79. I wanna know what you find when you open up your letterbox tomorrow, theres a little bird who tells me everything i wanna know shes my best friend shes a sparrow(Letterbox)
    80. If i had a pair of eyes in the back of my head for each time, you forgot to take out all the things you forgot to talk about when you took them outta my spine, i would have a lot of eyes on the inside well you know that would be just fine(Letterbox)
    81. Have yourself a merry christmas, make the yuletide gay(Have yourself a merry christmas)
    82. Laserlight sister our time will come(Laserlight Sister)
    83. I crawl with them through the cracks in the pavement, we've found ways of getting through(Rats and Spit)
    84. Alone with ticking clocks in my head, were on the phone, and smiling with my every lie(Rats and Spit)
    85. Time succeeds(Time/Speed)
    86. *Edited* I'm not such a sweet thing(Crimson and Clover)
    87. I still thought you'd have so much more to say(T's Song)
    88. Your mom makes it feel so much like home(T's Song)
    89. It's good to be back(T's Song)
    90. So wonderfully wonderfully wonderfully wonderfully pretty (The Lovecats)
    91. We move like caged tigers(Lovecats)
    92. We gotta get this guy in his g4 his cranium(We dug a hole)
    93. I'll be a pillow and your head can rest(Aren't we Dozy?)
    94. It's Tough to have a crush(It's tough to have a crush)
    95. I want to write songs( Init Draft or Init A song for Cynical)
    96. Please please please let me get what i want this time(Please Please Please)
    97. You're older than you've ever been and now you're getting older(Older)
    98. Sarah's still down on the bench at the Circle K(No Sign of Life)
    99. Everyone's best attempts didn't do no good(No Sign of Life)
    100. I built a little empire out of some crazy garbage(Kiss Me Son of God)

And now there are 100, sorry if i repeated any but i dont think i did, oh yeah and if you guys need the lyrics to any of those songs im sure i could get you all a copy

*I originally typed up the same thing twice, that being: You know i still cant write to you well. So i fixed it with a different line
  • QUOTE (Chipanonomous @ May 16 2006, 09:35 PM)
    67. You know i still can't write to you well (T's Song)
    68. Though its all confusing, im less scared of heights(T's Song)
    69. Perhaps i just missed, the part where you got up off your ass and did something for yourself(Down for the Count)
    70. Bartender singing Clementine, while hes turning around the open sign (Clementine)
    71. Though the votes have not been tallied, and the soil annalysis seems to have been obscurred by laboratory error, we feel very sure it seems that the cat has enjoyed some great success now eats fine couisine but oh how we've watched and applauded from our chairs...( Oh my little kitten)
    72.But ive got my piles of sand, they're kinda like whats left over from a screwed up old broken eggtimer(Time/Speed)
    73. Pointless to be there, just as with elsewhere(Time/Speed)
    74. His head is a big black hole full of big black things(Fuzz and We Dug a Hole)
    75. All the eggshelled friends too nervous, but we tiptoe oh so well(Bruise Grey)
    76. Nobody buys her drinks, so quit it(Bruise Grey)
    77. Another thick smoke stacked day, and waiting, and the park kids they still kiss(Bruise Grey)
    78. Bruise Grey covers everything(Bruise Grey) (its a long song so i have to have a lot of lessons i learned)
    79. I wanna know what you find when you open up your letterbox tomorrow, theres a little bird who tells me everything i wanna know shes my best friend shes a sparrow(Letterbox)
    80. If i had a pair of eyes in the back of my head for each time, you forgot to take out all the things you forgot to talk about when you took them outta my spine, i would have a lot of eyes on the inside well you know that would be just fine(Letterbox)
    81. Have yourself a merry christmas, make the yuletide gay(Have yourself a merry christmas)
    82. Laserlight sister our time will come(Laserlight Sister)
    83. I crawl with them through the cracks in the pavement, we've found ways of getting through(Rats and Spit)
    84. Alone with ticking clocks in my head, were on the phone, and smiling with my every lie(Rats and Spit)
    85. Time succeeds(Time/Speed)
    86. You know i still cant write to you well(T's Song)
    87. I still thought you'd have so much more to say(T's Song)
    88. Your mom makes it feel so much like home(T's Song)
    89. It's good to be back(T's Song)
    90. So wonderfully wonderfully wonderfully wonderfully pretty (The Lovecats)
    91. We move like caged tigers(Lovecats)
    92. We gotta get this guy in his g4 his cranium(We dug a hole)
    93. I'll be a pillow and your head can rest(Aren't we Dozy?)
    94. It's Tough to have a crush(It's tough to have a crush)
    95. I want to write songs( Init Draft or Init A song for Cynical)
    96. Please please please let me get what i want this time(Please Please Please)
    97. You're older than you've ever been and now you're getting older(Older)
    98. Sarah's still down on the bench at the Circle K(No Sign of Life)
    99. Everyone's best attempts didn't do no good(No Sign of Life)
    100. I built a little empire out of some crazy garbage(Kiss Me Son of God)
    And now there are 100, sorry if i repeated any but i dont think i did, oh yeah and if you guys need the lyrics to any of those songs im sure i could get you all a copy

Holy goodness. Someone's been listening to Appendices today, lol. What a list.
  • Wow! Great job Chipanonomous!
  • Whoaaaa, Chipanonomous, you're awesome!

However, I don't know if I would include Letterbox simply because it's not an original OK Go but a cover of They Might be Giants.

Still, that's and ultra-picky thing and, really, it doesn't matter.
  • 101. women and men: what a magic combination
    102. men and men: what a magic combination
    103. women and women: what a combination
    104. you and that shirt: what a magic combination
    105. spock and captain kirk: what a magic combination
    106. pain and hurt: what a magic combination
    107. ike and tina t: you know it's tragic
    108. pam and tommy lee: you know it's tragic
    109. your girl and me: it's magic.
  • haha i love damian's laugh after that last line.
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ May 17 2006, 11:33 AM)
    101. women and men: what a magic combination

HAHAHAHA. Check plus for the day for you.
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ May 17 2006, 07:33 AM)
    101. women and men: what a magic combination

Hmmm im not sure that i would have put thatttt many from a song thats under two minutes but you know whatever.

As far as Letterbox goes, yeah its not an origional OK Go song but neither are Older, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, and some others i dont remember right now all of the ones i quoted

And as for the appendices, i havent listened to them in a week or so, i just have the cd stuck in my head lol

110. Jump off the ship before this shit just runs aground(It's a Disaster)
    111. Give me Tits and Politicians(Television, Television)
    112. You're dumb enough to break the mold but you're smart enough to fail(It's a Disaster)
    113. I'm standing here looking at you, what do i see? Im looking straight through(Antmusic)
    114. Unplug the jukebox and do us all a favor, that music's lost its taste so try another flavor(Antmusic)
    115. I wanna tell you how we did it(We Dug a Hole)
    116. Precarious perch of this well being broken by your sweet songs and photographs, letters, tapes, and by your fall, like a third story window in morning in mid-state providence(T's Song)
    117. Don't sigh, Don't sip your iced tea(Don't Ask Me)
    118. Leave your friends, Righteous and Pathetic standing at the door(What to Do)
    119. Go powder your cheeks and meet your new beau(C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips)
    120. The mirrors never failed you like this before(What to Do)
    121. Even memories of that are all thick and dull(Return)
    122. The worst of it now i cant remember your face(Return)
    123. We were alive, we were pure(Return)
    124. The center can double the speed of the crust(Hello My Treacherous Friends)
    125. In the valley between intent and deed(Maybe, This Time)
    126. I'm not trying to prove anything at all here(Maybe, This Time)
    127. Hasn't being right just let you down?(Maybe, This Time)
    128. Don't be so damn benign!(Don't Ask Me)
    129. The bulls have already come and gone(What to Do)
    130. Thank you for joining me here tonight(Hello My Treacherous Friends)

If you read those in order they make sense

Oh Yeah p.s. just because i dont have an uber amount of posts doesnt mean im not as hardcore a fan as most of you lol, ive got all the songs including the new singles in the uk, except for the live and covers of like babys in black and such, and i have been to 5 shows and met the band but dont think im a new guy or anythin i love these guys
  • I think your awesome, Chipanonomous. You know so much! I want the Appendices on cd! I wish there was a way I could get a hold of it. Ah, how I'd love to hear Ok Go sing "Baby's In Black" if it's the Beatles' song. That's one of my favorite Beatles songs.
  • QUOTE (Chipanonomous @ May 17 2006, 10:55 PM)
    Oh Yeah p.s. just because i dont have an uber amount of posts doesnt mean im not as hardcore a fan as most of you lol, ive got all the songs including the new singles in the uk, except for the live and covers of like babys in black and such, and i have been to 5 shows and met the band but dont think im a new guy or anythin i love these guys

Oh, I in no way think I'm a hardcore fan for having as many posts as I do, lol. That's just an indicator of how much time I waste online. Yay for the 5 show club!