In this Discussion

Went to my first OK Go concert!

edited November -1 in OK Go
It was on the 20th of this month in Atlanta and I can honestly say it's the single most amazing thing I've ever experienced. If anyone on the board was there then you'll know what I'm talking about when I say I'll never listen to Nelly's "Hot In Here" the same way again LOL.

Not only was the show amazing, but getting to meet Damian and Dan after the show was also. I completely dorked out in front of Dan and made an ass of myself...so hopefully he won't remember me or anything I said (or kinda said when I wasn't shaking or talking with my head down searching madly for my "Oh No" booklet). If anything, he's at least got something to laugh at for a few days lol

BUT, by the time I met Damian, I had pulled myself together pretty well. I was a good fan and waited patiently while Damian worked the crowd of girls incircled around him and I can only describe him in one word. Enchanting.
Okay, more than one word.
Amazing. Positive. Wonderful.

He signed autographs, took pictures, talked to fans, let a few girls kiss him on the cheek, and got emails for the mailing list and he didn't do any of it half assed! Even after I got my picture and sig, I just hung back off to the side for about 10 minutes and watched him with everyone. I have never seen anyone work like that. Damian should give a class to up and coming rockstars on how to juggle everything like he did...and so smoothly.

My meeting with Damian was short (mostly because I didn't want to take up too much time with so many people waiting to get pics and autographs) but memorable and certainly not rushed. When I talked to him, he looked right at me and was interested in everything I said. And when I couldn't find anyone to take the picture, he actually did it! I wish I could have stayed longer and watched him but I had to get back to my hometown (Savannah).

I can't wait to see them again live...cause I have to at LEAST 29 more times now smile.gif

-AndiBOT

Comments

• aww, your post made my heart happy... welcome to the board...
  • What a sweet wonderful story! Welcome to the board, AndiBOT. I hope you'll stick around and get to know us. Glad you had a smashing time. Sounds like it was just so great! biggrin.gif
  • smile.gif Glad you had such an awesome time! And welcome to the boards!

edit: bah typos are evil
  • thanks for all the welcomes, guys! I like it here...I think I'll move in smile.gif
  • I'll help you carry in the couch. where do you want this thing?
  • Your story is warm and adorable. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time!

Welcome to the boards dear
  • I read your story on your 'Space blog already, but it was amusing to read it again. biggrin.gif You're so right about Damian- he's so social, really, and he carries off the whole meeting-and-greeting-and-talking-to-people thing very well. biggrin.gif

Here's to 29 more shows!
  • Sweet... Wonderful OK Go concert experiences are amazing.
  • soudns amazing!

you can be as bad as the first time i met dami, i was all "OMG I LOVES YOU...SIGN ME THING HERE"

second time round i was much more compossed and gave all the boys gifts, then this tuesday i should be better =p

welcomes again!
  • Thankies everyone for all the welcomes/comments! I haven't felt this home at a board in a very long time smile.gif

I really wish I could have met Tim and Andy...but I've heard that they are a bit shy at times...so, maybe I'll just camp out by the bus for those two and stop them dead in their tracks if they try to get on LOL.

Well, I'll look at it positively. At least when I DO meet Tim and Andy, I have a great conversation starter...

"You're a hard man to catch up with...I've been trying to meet you for [insert length of time here]!" cool.gif
  • Oh hey welcome AndiBOT, I'm Emmett, a fourteen-year-old Australian kid, umm, I think I'm a nice guy lol. Congrats on the ok go concert. Lucky!
  • Sorry to bump this if it annoys anyone, but I always feel bad when I don't welcome people so hiii Andi! I'm Kay. smile.gif
  • Hey Andi! Glad you had such a great time at the show, and I second the need for 29 more--I've only seen the guys once myself. Welcome to the board!
  • I'm glad you had such an awesome time! Welcome to the boards! smile.gif
  • Welcome to the boards..I'm glad you had an awesome time. I'm Jenna.
  • Hello, ANDiBOT. I like your lovely story a lot.

I've heard a band guy said that he likes girls who are rather shy and confused better than aggressive fans. It sounds good for you and me, doesn't it?
  • haha. at the risk of sounding fatal-attraction-ish, it IS nice to watch damian interact with fans. compared to a few other musicians i've met who act like meeting fans is a supreme sacrifice, damian actually talks to them and politely disregards the fact that they are hyperventilating. at my last show, he was signing shirts for a group of girls who were shaking like arthirtic chihuahuas, but damian ignored this by breaking out into a lovely beatboxing song in which he repeated the word "shirt" repeatedly in ghetto dulcet tones.
  • welcome, AndiBOT, and thanks for sharing your lovely story!
    yes, damian is exceptionally sociable and dan is so sweet. you'll have to meet tim next time. he's so awesome! and andy...is cool. cool.gif
    ...i kinda miss okgo.
  • Even though the venue kicked the fans out after the show I went to, Damian went downstairs with a group of us and I just watched for a while.It's was cute to watch his interaction with fans when his parents are at the show--he was really excited and kept mentioning them.
  • Cute story! Glad you had fun. Hi!

I'm actually wearing my OK Go shirt right now, haha. I want to see them again. They were all /very/ nice to meet, though I haven't met any other bands to compare them too. Damian hugged me though, so that earns him points. <3