In this Discussion

The Sound of the Train....

edited November -1 in OK Go
I saw OKGO about a year ago at the Troubador in W. Hollywood. It was a great show and they pretty much played their entire first album. They played a few unreleased songs too, one of which instantly became my favorite OKGO song. They announced it and said it'd be on the new album, but it's not. What happened....

Since I've only heard the song once in my life, I don't recall many details of it other than that it has some really crunchy guitar at the start follwed by brief interludes of silence. The lyrics fr the chorus go... "This is not the sound of the train. This is not the sound of the train." Then it becomes more rockin' and I don't know any lyrics beyond that.

Anyone familiar with this song? Or better yet, anyone know how I can get my hands on it? (Since it's not on the new album as promised!)

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

bwind22

Comments

• I suggest checking out the yahoo email account

email is okgosongs (I think?)

password is okgook
  • its called.... the unrequited orchestra of locomotion

and ummm, its not new so i reckon you're probably getting confuiddles. smile.gif
  • omg!!!!! this is probably dumb, but i had no idea about the yahoo email thing! i am in absolute heaven right now!!! you totally rock for posting that!
  • theres such a mystery surrounding that song, OKGO have been playing it for as long as I've been going to see them and I think EVERY fan wants to see it released! yet i don't think anybody knows the deal with it... all i know is i do enjoy pulling those silly poses when they play it!

anyway if anyone can shed some light on when it was written and such id been quite interested!
  • QUOTE (katy_indie_kid @ Oct 3 2005, 02:55 PM)
    theres such a mystery surrounding that song, OKGO have been playing it for as long as I've been going to see them and I think EVERY fan wants to see it released! yet i don't think anybody knows the deal with it... all i know is i do enjoy pulling those silly poses when they play it!

anyway if anyone can shed some light on when it was written and such id been quite interested!

i'd kill to see it live
  • its amazingggg live.
    id like to hear a studio version too though.

it was written a long time ago. in a galaxy far aways.
  • Oooh, it's so fun live. Audience participation!

I believe the version that's in the email account is the recorded version. I only have that, not a live version.
  • weird
    i didnt know there was a recorded versioN! ive only had a live version
    well at least i used to.
  • i think i have every bootleg going and ive never come across a studio recording of it.....
  • isn't there a studio recording of it on that yahoo account??

if not, email me, and i can hook you up:
    verysmallshoe@yahoo.com
  • yes i think i posted it up there if there isnt one someone deleted it
  • Hook ME up.... I have sbcyahoo, so I can't like LOG out and log in with another username sad.gif.... so if anyone has anything in their comps or whatnot... e-mail me at CrawlingAngel@gmail.com
  • Could someone please post the lyrics to "Unrequited Orchestra of Locomotion"? I tried looking on lyrics websites, but they are so wrong and incomplete (White comb in the slick of the rain- Cushion something something inclined plane-Something something headlight disdain)!

Thanks,
    Susan
  • I've always liked the live version a lot more than the studio cut.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 18 2006, 09:38 PM)
    I've always liked the live version a lot more than the studio cut.

I'm happy for you...thanks for sharing, but...

does anyone have the lyrics?

Susan blink.gif
  • QUOTE (Susan @ Aug 19 2006, 08:59 PM)

theres no need for the sarcasm!
  • QUOTE (Susan @ Aug 19 2006, 03:59 PM)

does anyone have the lyrics?

Susan blink.gif

Don't flatter yourself, I wasn't talking to you.
  • QUOTE (giggleguy @ Oct 3 2005, 05:03 AM)
    I suggest checking out the yahoo email account

email is okgosongs (I think?)

password is okgook

hmm the password is working for me
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Aug 19 2006, 06:54 PM)
    hmm the password is working for me

Was that the right one? I mean...I remember using it...I think last week..and i got on...Now its not letting me sad.gif
  • I think Katy's working on a fancy brand-new one, but for now try the karmapointer account..I *think* the password is okgosongs, but I could be totally wrong..hope that works!