In this Discussion

OK Go on Letterman

Comments

• dfjghkdjfhgksjrtoiehjk!

Andy is officially my hero.

not that he wasn't before, but the bowtie? AMAZING.

oh, and Damian definitely changed the lyrics from "But jesus when it rains" to "but goodness when it rains"

?

whatever. twas still amazing.
  • I'm uploading it now. muahahha.

BOWTIE INDEED!!

Andy's guitar was a tad out of tune.

and Damian looked skinnier in the face than usual.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Aug 31 2006, 04:42 AM)
    dfjghkdjfhgksjrtoiehjk!

Andy is officially my hero.

not that he wasn't before, but the bowtie? AMAZING.

oh, and Damian definitely changed the lyrics from "But jesus when it rains" to "but goodness when it rains"

?

Yeah, I noticed the lyric change, too. Whatever, was still good. I agree that someone was a little out of tune, I thought it was Damian's vocals.
    I wished they would've rocked out a little more. I thought it was funny that they called it their "new CD" and also that Paul called them a "cute band" at the end. How flattering. Deadpan.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Aug 31 2006, 12:42 AM)

?

He had to, you can't say Jesus on the air.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 30 2006, 11:46 PM)
    He had to, you can't say Jesus on the air.

But all those religious channels get away with it!

Network inconsistencies anger me! ahhh!
  • So friggen awesome!!!! Their best TV apearrance yet!! Cute band huh????? Dunno what I think about that tongue.gif But how awesome is this for the boys????? biggrin.gif
  • I just had to giggle at Damian and his "come hither" eyes. He was really making love to the camera!
    I thought it looked like they were enjoying themselves.
  • QUOTE (Rainymorn @ Aug 31 2006, 05:01 AM)
    I just had to giggle at Damian and his "come hither" eyes. He was really making love to the camera!
    I thought it looked like they were enjoying themselves.

I didn't giggle..I swooned. So sad, I'm such a silly fan. smile.gif
  • I wasn't really paying attention to damian... I mean, my brother was watching with me, and he kept interrupting with comments, and then I was distracted by Andy's bowtie.

really, that's all I thought about the whole time.

oh, and I thought andy's back-up vocals sounded nice. that's all.
  • For all you that missed it...here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u1asQvGCTQ

Anytime the camera is shaky, blame it on Andy and that darn bowtie...I was stifling any type of racuous joy.
  • hee! that bowtie is too adorable. I hope he makes it a semi-regular institution. (keep it in rotation w/ all his other ties, you know.)

thankee for the vid!

oh, and my brother is amazed at the speed of Ok Go fans getting the video up so fast, haha.
  • Thanks for posting that!
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Aug 31 2006, 12:42 AM)
    hee! that bowtie is too adorable. I hope he makes it a semi-regular institution. (keep it in rotation w/ all his other ties, you know.)

thankee for the vid!

oh, and my brother is amazed at the speed of Ok Go fans getting the video up so fast, haha.

QUOTE (unicornsplzzz @ Aug 31 2006, 12:43 AM)
    Thanks for posting that!

No problem, I only wish it was of a better quality..

As for the fastness...you should know I've whored out both boards and their myspace with the link. I went a bit post-crazy. laugh.gif
  • What's with the new lack of color?
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Aug 31 2006, 12:27 AM)
    For all you that missed it...here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u1asQvGCTQ
    Thank you--I just discovered mine didn't record. Waaah!
  • I'm sad that it was the 13th anniversary episode because he didn't even really talk about them...he just laughed at their name and how it could be misinterpreted. The performance was great though. Damian sounded good and so did Tim and Andy.
  • Note to self: Find out when recent David Letterman episodes are screened on what channel when in Australia.
  • So did they get to meet Snoop?
  • PS Am I the only person simply fascinated by the way Damian stands with his legs spread so far apart?
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 31 2006, 12:45 PM)
    PS Am I the only person simply fascinated by the way Damian stands with his legs spread so far apart?

No, I too, am fascinated by this phenomenon. I seriously think "Just raise the mic stand a wee bit and you won't have to potentially split your pants" but I think he likes his rock-star stance too much.