In this Discussion

OK Go on Letterman

Comments

• QUOTE (Penelope @ Aug 31 2006, 11:36 PM)
    No, I too, am fascinated by this phenomenon. I seriously think "Just raise the mic stand a wee bit and you won't have to potentially split your pants" but I think he likes his rock-star stance too much.

It makes him seem even taller. Sigh. I love tall guys. I met a guy the other night who was 6'10". Shit, I didn't even know people got that tall, it was incredible. I spent the whole night hugging him and marvelling at how tall he was (I'm 5'9", most guys are either my height or not much taller so I get really excited by TALL guys 'cause they make me feel small and secure... if that makes any sense?).

<3<3<3 Tall Guys.
  • I'm not sure if anybody knows this, but on EXTRA after the performance, they were talking with Jessica Simpson and she mentioned that she was supposed to perform on David Letterman the night before the VMA's but she lost her voice.

OK Go was her replacement! Whoever is working over there at Capitol is on the ball. Getting the guys on David Letterman the night before the VMA's is HUGE. It's great to see all the OK Go support. I'm sure the guys were thrilled to show the world they can PERFORM the song rather than just DANCE it.

Great performance. The show made them look very good.
  • I'm just really glad that they actually played, so everyone who tuned in to see them dancing had four minutes of WTF.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 30 2006, 11:46 PM)
    He had to, you can't say Jesus on the air.

since when?!?
    i remember back in high school me and this one girl in my gym class would always duck out of there on weight lifting days, haha, and entertain ourselves by seeing who could say the curse words you were aloud to say on tv in alphabetical order the fastest... and jesus was definitely one of them...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Aug 31 2006, 01:27 PM)
    since when?!?
    i remember back in high school me and this one girl in my gym class would always duck out of there on weight lifting days, haha, and entertain ourselves by seeing who could say the curse words you were aloud to say on tv in alphabetical order the fastest... and jesus was definitely one of them...

Well why else would he make himself sound like an old lady! They're censoring it every time they play the video on TV, too.

http://www.princessatlarge.com/words_you_cant_say_on_tv.htm
  • great performance, I liked andy's bowtie, it was really cute.
  • Andy had an awesome bowtie but I'm pissed he wasn't shown at all, Damian looked like he was having a great time and just as skinny as always, and my roomie kept drooling over him. I thought it was a good performance and I did notice the lyric change. I too am impressed that you got the video up so fast.
  • Thanks for posting the video Kikky! =]

And yeah, I'm glad they performed the song and there wasn't any focus on the dance. (Unless Dave mentioned it... I didn't see the whole thing so I don't know).

Andy + bowtie = awesome.
  • WTF. You can't say scumbag and schmuck?

Why the fuck not?

Wait. Can you guys at least swear on Late Night TV? Like ... after 9am is it OK to swear?
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 31 2006, 05:25 PM)
    WTF. You can't say scumbag and schmuck?

Why the fuck not?

Wait. Can you guys at least swear on Late Night TV? Like ... after 9am is it OK to swear?

You mean 9pm? People do. Craig Ferguson said 'bastard' but then again he's Scottish.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Sep 1 2006, 10:41 AM)
    You mean 9pm? People do. Craig Ferguson said 'bastard' but then again he's Scottish.

lol ya, 9pm. So you don't get censored after then? I've just always been amazed by the amount of ridiculous shit American TV seems to censor. It's insane.
  • WSGOIUE(H&@$()@*!!?????????????????/

dry.gif

Not having WiFi and not being in the US kind of sucks right now.
  • i have a vid of their performance and just thought i'd share for those who are video collectors like myself (or if you just wanna watch it again). smile.gif

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bi13qc
  • thankie so much powerhouse! The quality of this vid you sent is phenomenal. Does anyone have a copy of Ok Go on the VMA pre-show, actual show, and post show that they would be willing to share? My sister doesn't have cable, but would love to see it in better quality than what's offered on youtube. I'd ask under the VMA thread, but that thread is too overused.
  • Bah. If I didn't leave in a week and have a list of stuff to do, I would totally take it off our TiVO... damn... I don't know how. I could figure it out, but yeah.
  • You're so sweet, spongy! Don't worry about it. I remember all the things I had to do when I had to move from NJ to AZ. You take care of all that instead. What fun it'll be to constantly be around Scottish peeps though. How cool.
  • just downloading it now

this will be fun times, cheers!
  • That is one awesome performance! Damian is smirking throughout the entire thing.

**swoon**
    many korean watched it,
    so more korean is getting interst in ok go! laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Sep 6 2006, 06:48 AM)
    That is one awesome performance! Damian is smirking throughout the entire thing.

**swoon**

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing. He looks like a giddy 12 year old girl.