In this Discussion

Billboard

edited November -1 in OK Go
#1 Heatseeker again! (up from #6 last week)
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/char...Top+Heatseekers

#9 Digital Albums (up from #16)
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/char...+Digital+Albums

I don't have links for these (psh paying)
Hot Digital Songs (single) 57
Hot Modern Rock Tracks (single) 38
Pop 100 (single) 65
The Billboard 200 (single) 118
The Billboard Hot 100 (album) 87

And an article:
http://www.broadcastnewsroom.com/articles/...le.jsp?id=62915
I didn't realize it HAS been exactly a year since OK Go would've been on the charts!
A year of hard work, culminating with the massive, internet-fueled success of their latest hit single/video, has driven OK Go's Oh No up the charts again. On the first anniversary of Oh No's debut at #1 on Billboard's Heatseekers chart, the album is #1 again. (It debuted at #1 on September 4, 2005, repeating the success of the band's self-titled debut, which bowed at #1 in 2002.) Sales of Oh No have increased 1700% over the past five weeks, with digital sales accounting for over 50% of copies sold. It's currently the #1 Alternative album and it closed out the week at #2 in all genres (behind Bob Dylan's Modern Times) at iTunes' U.S. store last week. The video for "Here It Goes Again" is #1 in all genres in the U.S. and #1 in the U.K.

OK Go brought down the house at last week's VMA's where, for the first time ever live, they performed the synchronized treadmill routine from their video for "Here It Goes Again" in what The Washington Post called "the quintessential MTV Video Music Awards moment." MTV will repeat the VMA's on Friday, September 8th, at 12:30 p.m. and on Sunday, September 10th, at 8 p.m.

The video for "Here It Goes Again' has been viewed over 7 million times already on YouTube.com, where it ranked as one of YouTube's Top 10 videos of all time after a mere two weeks. "Here It Goes Again" is in Gung Ho rotation at VH1, in Big 10 rotation at MTV and has been added by Fuse and mtvU. The video has been cited by The New York Times and ABC's "Good Morning America" in recent features on the YouTube phenomenon. YouTube and online sales have been absolutely crucial components of the band's success. Meanwhile, in the past week, "Here It Goes Again," which was just added by Los Angeles' KROQ, has jumped from #58* to #38* at Modern Rock radio.

Comments

• QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Sep 7 2006, 02:44 PM)
    #1 Heatseeker again! (up from #6 last week)
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/char...Top+Heatseekers

#9 Digital Albums (up from #16)
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/char...+Digital+Albums

I don't have links for these (psh paying)
    Hot Digital Songs (single) 57
    Hot Modern Rock Tracks (single) 38
    Pop 100 (single) 65
    The Billboard 200 (single) 118
    The Billboard Hot 100 (album) 87

And an article:
    http://www.broadcastnewsroom.com/articles/...le.jsp?id=62915
    I didn't realize it HAS been exactly a year since OK Go would've been on the charts!
    A year of hard work, culminating with the massive, internet-fueled success of their latest hit single/video, has driven OK Go's Oh No up the charts again. On the first anniversary of Oh No's debut at #1 on Billboard's Heatseekers chart, the album is #1 again. (It debuted at #1 on September 4, 2005, repeating the success of the band's self-titled debut, which bowed at #1 in 2002.) Sales of Oh No have increased 1700% over the past five weeks, with digital sales accounting for over 50% of copies sold. It's currently the #1 Alternative album and it closed out the week at #2 in all genres (behind Bob Dylan's Modern Times) at iTunes' U.S. store last week. The video for "Here It Goes Again" is #1 in all genres in the U.S. and #1 in the U.K.

OK Go brought down the house at last week's VMA's where, for the first time ever live, they performed the synchronized treadmill routine from their video for "Here It Goes Again" in what The Washington Post called "the quintessential MTV Video Music Awards moment." MTV will repeat the VMA's on Friday, September 8th, at 12:30 p.m. and on Sunday, September 10th, at 8 p.m.

The video for "Here It Goes Again' has been viewed over 7 million times already on YouTube.com, where it ranked as one of YouTube's Top 10 videos of all time after a mere two weeks. "Here It Goes Again" is in Gung Ho rotation at VH1, in Big 10 rotation at MTV and has been added by Fuse and mtvU. The video has been cited by The New York Times and ABC's "Good Morning America" in recent features on the YouTube phenomenon. YouTube and online sales have been absolutely crucial components of the band's success. Meanwhile, in the past week, "Here It Goes Again," which was just added by Los Angeles' KROQ, has jumped from #58* to #38* at Modern Rock radio.

**does happy jig**
  • This is so awesome! Aw, our boys are finally getting the attention they deserve.
  • Huzzah for success!
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 8 2006, 06:48 AM)
    Huzzah for success!

Is huzzah really a word? People use it a bunch on the internet, but I don't know where it came from.
  • It's an old-timey word--used to be big 'round the eighteenth century, I wanna say ...

Monty Burns says it.

I love "huzza." biggrin.gif
  • Sherib is correct that it's totally old school.
  • You can call me Sheri, God.
  • I like it, it's fun to say.
  • oh my, looks like ok go is finally breaking away from the indie scene and heading for mainstream...i hope they stay sweet and enjoy much success.

thanks for the updates, spongie.
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Sep 10 2006, 12:09 AM)
    oh my, looks like ok go is finally breaking away from the indie scene and heading for mainstream...i hope they stay sweet and enjoy much success.

thanks for the updates, spongie.

I can't wait until they come really mainstream so I can say, "Yeah, I know them."
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Sep 10 2006, 02:16 AM)
    I can't wait until they come really mainstream so I can say, "Yeah, I know them."

Dude....you don't actually know them.........you've met them........there's a difference......
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 9 2006, 12:34 AM)
    It's an old-timey word--used to be big 'round the eighteenth century, I wanna say ...

Monty Burns says it.

I love "huzza." biggrin.gif

Yeah, that's right. Anyone remember in Pirates of the Caribbean when the soldiers chant after they beat the pirates at the end? That's what they say. Those crazy Brits.
  • If you happen to shout "hooray" or something other than "huzzah" at a Renaissance Festival, you are likely to get jeered or laughed at!
  • QUOTE (Rainymorn @ Sep 10 2006, 03:04 PM)
    If you happen to shout "hooray" or something other than "huzzah" at a Renaissance Festival, you are likely to get jeered or laughed at!

Yeah, I do 18th century reenacting, so hearing someone yell "huzzah" totally doesn't phase me at all.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 10 2006, 06:34 AM)
    Dude....you don't actually know them.........you've met them........there's a difference......

Well, yeah, but it's a very small difference.
  • haha, hardly. I've met Lenny Kravitz and I would never say I know him. And having met Ok Go, I wouldn't say I know them, either, no matter how much I wish I do.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Sep 10 2006, 07:29 PM)
    haha, hardly. I've met Lenny Kravitz and I would never say I know him. And having met Ok Go, I wouldn't say I know them, either, no matter how much I wish I do.

Oh fine, I'll clarify by saying, "I know the lead singer's family."
  • Well, again, you met the lead singer's family..
  • Yeah see I met Damian's parents, and again, I don't know them.
  • tense....

to help with the point..
    i get pissed when i meet someone once and they act like they know me..
    this one really anoying prepish bitch was like "thats so sarah" and im like what the fuck.. i dont even talk to u..
    we had a class together like a year ago..

so its basicallty the same with okgo..
    you can meet them a couple times. even a few dozen times, but untill your like goin to lunch with them, you dont actually know them..