In this Discussion

OKGo Covers

edited November -1 in OK Go
I know they probably wont release one again with their new found success BUT if they did what song would u think OK Go could pull off really well as a cover?

Comments

• You know they've done like thirty live covers, right?
  • They're putting Lovecats on HIGA single (getting released here next week), which I was pretty bummed about - I ALREADY HAVE THAT SONG!!!! I'd like them to do ELO's don't bring me down in the studio, that songs pretty damn awesome
  • I want a studio version of Prove My Love!!
  • Damn I want studio versions of everything. I don't think thats too much to ask hahaha.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Sep 11 2006, 10:44 AM)
    They're putting Lovecats on HIGA single (getting released here next week), which I was pretty bummed about - I ALREADY HAVE THAT SONG!!!! I'd like them to do ELO's don't bring me down in the studio, that songs pretty damn awesome

I agree...Don't Bring Me Down is one of the best covers I have ever heard done by any band, period. I have watched the video of it from the Tulip Festival (I think) but the audio isn't that great... but they totally rock that song.
  • Yeah, they've done A LOT of covers. I have a whole playlist on iTunes dedicated to the original versions of the songs they've covered, haha....

Why are they releasing "Lovecats" again though??? I really want a studio version of "DBMD", too....it's just such an awesome song...
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Sep 11 2006, 05:44 AM)
    !I'd like them to do ELO's don't bring me down in the studio, that songs pretty damn awesome

I'm with you all the way on that.

And they should try out Mr. Blue Sky, while they're ELOing it up.
  • ^^ Best ELO song ever. I nearly wet myself when it was on DR Who this one time hahaha biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Sep 11 2006, 05:52 PM)
    ^^ Best ELO song ever. I nearly wet myself when it was on DR Who this one time hahaha biggrin.gif

personally i think any moody 80's track would be good, myabe a bit of when in rome, the promise....its on nap. dynamite. haha
  • one song i have always always always wanted to hear OK Go cover would be Eddie Money- "Take Me Home Tonight." It a rocking song with lots of guitars and thumping drum beat and Tim would be SOOOO great doing that chick Roni Spector's background vocals "Be my little ba-baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!'

if you know the song, you KNOW it would rock HARDCORE. and if ya dont know it....WHY NOT?!? haha
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Sep 11 2006, 02:20 PM)
    one song i have always always always wanted to hear OK Go cover would be Eddie Money- "Take Me Home Tonight." It a rocking song with lots of guitars and thumping drum beat and Tim would be SOOOO great doing that chick Roni Spector's background vocals "Be my little ba-baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!'

if you know the song, you KNOW it would rock HARDCORE. and if ya dont know it....WHY NOT?!? haha

Hahahaha... oh I just pictured that in my head and I agree, it would be priceless. laugh.gif
  • my favorite cover is oliver's army, but i think that's because it's my favorite song by elvis costello (god). i almost died of happiness when i found out they covered it.
  • QUOTE (rooneyhappy @ Sep 12 2006, 01:11 AM)
    my favorite cover is oliver's army, but i think that's because it's my favorite song by elvis costello (god). i almost died of happiness when i found out they covered it.

tis a good one, although only heard it the once on my friends computer, anybody kno where i can get it?
  • I almost died when I found out they covered Hold The Line.
  • QUOTE (wedugahole @ Sep 12 2006, 06:51 AM)
    tis a good one, although only heard it the once on my friends computer, anybody kno where i can get it?

okgosongs@gmail.com
    password: okgood

It should be in there.
  • Its ok Katy i sorted him out hehe
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Sep 12 2006, 03:58 PM)
    Its ok Katy i sorted him out hehe

yeah cheers guys i have more okgo rareties now.....bril! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 11 2006, 10:45 AM)
    I want a studio version of Prove My Love!!

OH YES.

QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Sep 12 2006, 12:40 PM)
    I almost died when I found out they covered Hold The Line.

Seriously, that is my fav. song from cover bunch. Damian's various screams and the recording of it where the microphone keeps fucking up... obsolutely wonderful.

Even my mother agrees!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 12 2006, 07:21 PM)
    Seriously, that is my fav. song from cover bunch. Damian's various screams and the recording of it where the microphone keeps fucking up... obsolutely wonderful.

Screamo!Damian melts my butter. I know I've said this before but it's true.