In this Discussion

OK Go on The Simpsons

Comments

• BUAHA I WANT TO SEE ANIMATED!DAMIAN.

But this is some crazy shit man....
  • I was thinking.... does anyone have actual proof of this Simpsons thing? Cause I went to Capitol's website at www.capitolrecords.com and I could find nothing, and noone else mentions it. We might have been fooled fellas. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Sep 15 2006, 05:24 AM)
    Our country is awesome, what ARE you talking about?!?!

More awesome is the country you established as a jail, which flourished and totally beats your ass at everything tongue.gif
  • the ash's much?

NO
  • 115 versus your 92 means we're still better than you tongue.gif As does our 30 to your 27 so eat me wink.gif
  • i would rather not eat you =p

we own the ash's atm

therefore we are amazing
  • Pssh. FOR NOW.

Let's not forget why it's called the Ashes, dear.
  • QUOTE (loonieman @ Sep 15 2006, 07:10 AM)
    I was thinking.... does anyone have actual proof of this Simpsons thing? Cause I went to Capitol's website at www.capitolrecords.com and I could find nothing, and noone else mentions it. We might have been fooled fellas. wink.gif

yea i didn't see anything either.
  • QUOTE (loonieman @ Sep 15 2006, 07:10 AM)
    I was thinking.... does anyone have actual proof of this Simpsons thing? Cause I went to Capitol's website at www.capitolrecords.com and I could find nothing, and noone else mentions it. We might have been fooled fellas. wink.gif

Sorry. I meant the Capitol Street Team website. The news on the Capitol site is usually just what J orge puts up on the site.
  • Katy asked Damian about this at the Paris concert last night, and they themselves will not be in The Simpsons as characters. Apparently, Marge will be at the gym and having trouble with treadmills, and someone will say, "Hey, why don't you ask them?" and it'll pan over to people doing the dance on some treadmills, not necessarily OK Go. It also won't be released for about a year.
  • Hahahaha wtf. It would suck if nobody remembered the dance in a year..
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 16 2006, 10:39 AM)
    Hahahaha wtf. It would suck if nobody remembered the dance in a year..

I was thinking the exact same thing. A year is so far away.
  • QUOTE (CanaCove @ Sep 14 2006, 05:50 PM)
    How sadly, simply, sweetly ironic that this blurb was posted on the Capitol Records site. There's a good chance the suits in the cylinder at Hollywood and Vine still haven't figured out how their Indie darlings shot into the stratosphere of pop popularity via YouTube and 2 home produced videos.

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Sep 15 2006, 08:18 PM)
    Sorry. I meant the Capitol Street Team website. The news on the Capitol site is usually just what J orge puts up on the site.

Oh, that's quite different...Never mind.

--CanaCove channeling Emily Litella
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 16 2006, 10:39 AM)
    Hahahaha wtf. It would suck if nobody remembered the dance in a year..

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Damian said next September, but he also said that the episode has already been written, which makes me think it's not going to be a year. But it's not going to be in like, the next three weeks, basically.
  • QUOTE (CanaCove @ Sep 16 2006, 03:47 PM)
    ...Never mind.
    --CanaCove channeling Emily Litella

A+ for the Emily Litella shout-out. Gilda Radner is my absolute favorite.
  • That's sad that they won't be appearing as characters, but hey the treadmill dance has broken into main stream pop culture and that is pretty awesome.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Sep 16 2006, 01:57 AM)
    Katy asked Damian about this at the Paris concert last night, and they themselves will not be in The Simpsons as characters. Apparently, Marge will be at the gym and having trouble with treadmills, and someone will say, "Hey, why don't you ask them?" and it'll pan over to people doing the dance on some treadmills, not necessarily OK Go. It also won't be released for about a year.

I ran across this tonight doing a search for something else and thought I'd be posty. It's from here:
    http://wber.monroe.edu/site/html/print.php?sid=2562

Scene: Marge has joined the gym "LA Body Works". She awkwardly gets onto a treadmill and says "Who thought walking could be so difficult? Well, I'm sure everyone else is having trouble too". She looks over to see several characters adroitly dancing and leaping on their treadmills, ala the OK Go video. Marge says "maybe I'll just hit the showers".

Use: Background Vocal - up to :30

That sounds hilarious laugh.gif
  • I kind of wish they were actually IN the thing, but I guess this will have to do.
  • It would have been cool to see them animated...but being referenced is still cool.

I know this has nothing to do with this (sorry) but OK Go is actually getting played on radio stations where I live. I almost had a heart attack when HIGA came on.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Oct 22 2006, 10:10 AM)
    It would have been cool to see them animated...but being referenced is still cool.
    I know this has nothing to do with this (sorry) but OK Go is actually getting played on radio stations where I live. I almost had a heart attack when HIGA came on.

Dude, I know! I've been hearing them a lot too! biggrin.gif