In this Discussion

Rusty?

edited November -1 in OK Go
Why do they call Andy Rusty?

Comments

• just to differentiate him from Andy Duncan, the guitarist before him who left the band. then it sort of became his internet persona (or so he says). He says most peple call him Andy or A-ross (i'm sure the guys in the band don't actually call him Rusty). I think he said Horhay(i most likely spelled his name wrong) came up with it? correct me if i'm wrong someone.
  • Yeah, Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore started it. I also think it probably has to do with the fact that he gets bright red fuzz all over his face when he doesn't shave..
  • so who is Horhay? or is that Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore also? I duno this whole name thing...i dunno who half the people ok go mentions are, lol
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Sep 13 2006, 06:41 PM)
    so who is Horhay? or is that Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore also? I duno this whole name thing...i dunno who half the people ok go mentions are, lol

Horhay = Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore. That's how his name is pronounced. wink.gif
  • oooh okay, that's incredibly random.
  • haha i always thought "Rusty" was an OK Go-imposed nickname...if that makes sense. Like, it was the guys/Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore's way of teasing/initiating the new member of the band.

It doesn't seem all that great to be a guitarist (or heck, any musician) that's "rusty"
    lol how?

I dunno, is Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore his last name? is Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore his online persona? i'm so confused by this multiple name thing.
  • He just edited the board to say that as a joke..his name is Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore (Latin name pronounced hor-hay) Just.

Er, forgot about the editing. It's J orge Just.
  • ohhh okay. i didn't really get it before, now i do. i thought the two names were just totally unrelated. lol, wow. thanks for explaining thata again.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Sep 13 2006, 03:27 PM)
    just to differentiate him from Andy Duncan, the guitarist before him who left the band. then it sort of became his internet persona (or so he says). He says most peple call him Andy or A-ross (i'm sure the guys in the band don't actually call him Rusty). I think he said Horhay(i most likely spelled his name wrong) came up with it? correct me if i'm wrong someone.

In the first ok go blog:
    Chapter One: Tour Begins, As Does Indigestion
    Hi, my name's Rusty Ross aka A–Ross aka Rusty and I'm the new guitar player for OK Go. I'm pretty sure they picked me for my musical abilities but I have a sneaking suspicion that they just wanted someone named Andy in the band. I'm still working on the "Duncan" aspect but as far my first name goes, we're golden.

Not that it explains everything, but I just wanted an excuse to browse back through a bunch of blog posts...

(And waste time til I can leave work) ph34r.gif
  • QUOTE (the_bree @ Sep 13 2006, 09:20 PM)
    In the first ok go blog:
    Chapter One: Tour Begins, As Does Indigestion
    Hi, my name's Rusty Ross aka A–Ross aka Rusty and I'm the new guitar player for OK Go. I'm pretty sure they picked me for my musical abilities but I have a sneaking suspicion that they just wanted someone named Andy in the band. I'm still working on the "Duncan" aspect but as far my first name goes, we're golden.

Not that it explains everything, but I just wanted an excuse to browse back through a bunch of blog posts...

(And waste time til I can leave work) ph34r.gif

hot diddly.

now I wanna go back and read all the blog entries again.

I think I will- I've got nothing better to do, anyhow.
  • Guys! I had the weirdest Rusty dream in history last night.

Okay, so, basically, his sideburns were a collage of photos. He had black and white pictures of the rest of the band specially dyed into his sideburns and it was just..really weird. And part of the dream was me sobbing about not having my photo included.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 15 2006, 08:39 PM)
    Guys! I had the weirdest Rusty dream in history last night.

Okay, so, basically, his sideburns were a collage of photos. He had black and white pictures of the rest of the band specially dyed into his sideburns and it was just..really weird. And part of the dream was me sobbing about not having my photo included.

Hahahah.

Well... its was an... artistic dream, at least? tongue.gif