In this Discussion

Street teaming

edited November -1 in OK Go
New MySpace bulletin from the Capitol Street Team:

Alright Teamers it’s finally here. OKGO has announced the dates for their upcoming tour. On this tour, OKGO will have select dates with Death Cab and French Kicks. Here is your opportunity to see them perform their hits; “Here it Goes Again” and “A Million Ways” live!

If you haven’t had a chance to see these videos, checkout their media page! Plus there are also live OKGO performances from the VMA’s , talk shows, and news interviews. Here is the link to the now word famous YouTube video! Click here!

If you would like to cover any of these upcoming shows, get over to the message page. Remember its first come first serve, and will be a pair of tickets. These shows will fill up fast! Remember the recap is due 24hrs after the show.

Thanks,
Nick

Capitol Street Team

All right, first off, Nick? It's OK Go. The second "o" isn't capitalised. And it's two words. Just fyi. (Why don't you just say "u-tilize" a bunch while you're at it....)

Also, they have a media page?? Huh. Fancy that. I tried to go watch one of the vids listed, but it kept directing me to weird websites. Like, the Gaz de France website. Uh, no.

Anyway, if anybody's interested in handing out posters and stuff, go sign up. I don't know what the message board looks like in terms of people signing up- I'm not a Capitol Street Team member (I only friended their MySpace at the urging of one Mr. Milosh Clark, and they just ignored me and Kikky and Karleigh anyway), and they want my phone number to sign up. Sorry, no. But yeah, if you're interested.....

Comments

• I signed up just to see how they run things...

But technically, I'm a competitor cause I run the Island Def Jam street team. I would LOVE to join up & sign up, but then I'd probably have to resign from IDJ... and... well... I kinda like my monthly stipend.

Sigh.
  • Ummm... I can't sign up for the toronto show... how lame is that?...
  • If they'd post the dang Florida shows, I'd be all up in their business. dry.gif

Even a freaking Atlanta gig, sheesh.
  • I want to sign up, but I've got a question. Maybe Kikky or Agentnumone can answer this because I noticed that you are members. If I give my regular phone or cell phone number, will I start getting calls or unwanted text messages? I don't wanna be harrassed. Even one phone call or text message is harrassment. Do you two think it's worth joining?
  • I've never recieved a call from them. Or any type of solicitors, for that matter.

It's only needed if you pick a prize(not that there's ever contests anymore) or want to cover a show, I think. Like, there's a small chance they'll call you about it(I'm not exactly sure about it though).

It's not really even worth the 4 minutes it takes to sign up, actually. Cause you can read all the info without logging in, so it's pretty useless.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Sep 30 2006, 03:45 AM)
    Even a freaking Atlanta gig, sheesh.

*coughDecember6thcough*

(Nothing definite though. I emailed Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore/Milosh about it because some poor person messaged us on the Trinity being like, "I'm sooooo confused help me!!!")
  • I don't know tempe... I just joined yesterday when I found out, I never even knew ok go had a street team other than the juggling club.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 30 2006, 06:04 AM)
    I want to sign up, but I've got a question. Maybe Kikky or Agentnumone can answer this because I noticed that you are members. If I give my regular phone or cell phone number, will I start getting calls or unwanted text messages? I don't wanna be harrassed. Even one phone call or text message is harrassment. Do you two think it's worth joining?

Message ezorvera and ask, she may know.
  • I gave my phone number and I haven't gotten any unwanted calls or text messages. The street team isn't that great. All of the stuff in the media section you can easily find on Youtube or get from a boardie. The only perk for me is the free tickets, which actually doesn't matter that much to me. I still bought my tickets to the San Francisco show before I signed up to cover the show and get free tickets.

I think that if you just don't have the money to afford tickets, then you should sign up and try to cover a show. You don't really get anything else special from signing up. You get to find out about certain things slightly earlier, like the Simpsons thing or when they're on talk shows, but I can always repost it here for everyone.