In this Discussion

friday the 13th

edited November -1 in General Discussion
what are your superstions?

Comments

• Well, I swear a hockey mask looked at me today, haha it was the year 12's muck-up day today, haha.
  • the worst thing that happend to me in a friday 13 was when there was no water in the previous thay and I left a tap opened for accident. When I came home from school the next day the house was flooded. Cool no?
  • gah! all the unlucky things happened to me yesterday.... all invoving those damn drosophila...

hopefully all my bad luck rubbed off yesterday, cause i have to do those damn flies again today.

HAPPY FRI 13TH YALL!

(ps... Sudin is num13... and hes the best player weve got... which is sad.)
  • i hate sundin......
  • why sweets? cause hes the only good player on the leafs?

Anyways, i'm hoping nothing unlucky happens to you guys.

Stay Safe.
  • smile.gif today there's a free hot hot heat concert.
    la la la
  • Apparently Friday the 13th causes you to have bad luck in finding your classes. I just wandered around for at least an hour trying to find the Centre Championnet to get to my Portuguese class, and I found........nothing!

An hour! I walked the entire length of the Rue Championnet! Augh!
  • QUOTE (e 5170a @ Oct 13 2006, 11:16 AM)
    smile.gif today there's a free hot hot heat concert.
    la la la

ahh!... its so weird how they give free concerts in Cali, yet never even headline a tour in their homeland...

have fun e! (wait, are you going?)
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Oct 13 2006, 01:51 PM)
    gah! all the unlucky things happened to me yesterday.... all invoving those damn drosophila...

Oooh are you studying genetics then? My teacher wants us to experiemnt with those flies, it'll be awful.

And I've had no bad luck today, which makes a change.
  • Today in English class, we had two teams making medieval castles out of play-doh and ours lost even though IT WAS CLEARLY BETTER.

Yeah, that's about it.
  • I had an A in pre-calc, but I completely failed my test today, so it's probably down to a C or D. So today was not exactly the best day. The only brightside was that two of my friends each gave me a cookie.
  • yeah nothing happened to me today that I didn't expect. I didn't do well on my Italian midterm, but that's probably because I didn't study. My bad luck was that I didn't get a date to this date party a frat here is throwing tonight that I wanted to go to really badly. Then again, it means I can go to bed early which will be sooo nice.
  • so...the hot hot heat concert.
    i just got back. it was a freaking amazing set...they started off with bandages and they even had a 3song encore. the crowd just SUCKED. i guess that's what happens when you have free concerts...over 1/2 the people just go bc...well, it's free. luckily my friend let me drag her down to the floor and we managed to get really close (the crowd WAS NOT moving so it wasn't hard at all). yeah...steve bays and the rest of hot hot heat kinda tried to get the crowd involved, but except for the people up in the front, almost no one was moving. i think by the end of it they sorta gave up and just focused on the people up front, which was cool.

i guess it's just weird bc this is the first concert that i've been to where the people i was with weren't as stoked (whoa i just typed stoked) to be there as i was. i guess i never really realized how much of a difference it makes to have people as excited as you with you.

blahh. i need to find more concert-buddies.

wanna be my concert-buddy? wink.gif

ok...sorry for the long post
    if i managed to get any decent pics i'll post them in a more related thread.
  • ^^ if I lived in Cali I'd be your concert buddy hehehe

I love Friday the 13th's they're always awsome, and nothing bad has happened to me... and I hope it stays that way lol.. though, today I was watching a boxing fight with my dad, and during the 12th round about a minute and a half into it, the lights went out in the arena lmfao it was crazy, all you could hear was boo-ing and see lighters on haha, but after a minute or 2 the lights came back on and the fight resumed... but before that, someone flashed a "FRIDAY OCT 13"! thing, hee, kind of interesting tongue.gif
  • I saw a large goreous rainbow and got a free lunch today. How unlucky is that? cool.gif
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Oct 13 2006, 01:51 PM)
    gah! all the unlucky things happened to me yesterday.... all invoving those damn drosophila...

hopefully all my bad luck rubbed off yesterday, cause i have to do those damn flies again today.
    HAPPY FRI 13TH YALL!

(ps... Sudin is num13... and hes the best player weve got... which is sad.)

I had to study the drosophila last year! It's a very interesting theme but when it comes to make the flies stand still for you to observe them, it's a lost cause. While some are being knoked out the others are flying aroud.
    In the end you find the misteries of genetics.
  • I always have really lucky friday the 13ths (I think it's because I convince myself that they're lucky for me than I just do things all day that lead me to believe I'm lucky.)

Still, it was creepy how the numbers of the date added up to 13 as well.

i.e. 1+0+1+3+2+0+0+6=13

weeeeiiiiiirdddd

Kind of unrelated but: anyone in montreal on the 28th is invited to my roomies and my halloween party.
  • Yesterday, I received word that I was on the guestlist for the sold-out Regina Spektor show (which was very lovely!), and on October 13, 1917, the Miracle of the Sun occured.

friday the 13th is just as lucky as any other day. wink.gif
  • oh my lucky you lady bee
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Oct 14 2006, 03:02 PM)
    friday the 13th is just as lucky as any other day. wink.gif[/color]

That's what I say, but people don't listen.