In this Discussion

The album before the album

edited November -1 in OK Go
I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered before but I heard Damian make reference to an album recorded before the boys were "signed" that was scrapped 'cuz it was too precious/introspective/over thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4vuEK8FNnA

Whatever happened to this album? What cuts were on it? Where can devoted fans find the tunes?

Comments

• QUOTE (CanaCove @ Oct 18 2006, 10:31 AM)
    IWhatever happened to this album? What cuts were on it? Where can devoted fans find the tunes?
    I'm 99.9% sure this is "Appendices," which you can find at the okgo songs account the lovely Katy set up (its latest incarnation). For the info you need, go here:
    http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?...=1495&st=90
    There are other threads that talk about "Appendices" on the board; just do a search with the title.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Oct 18 2006, 06:20 PM)
    I'm 99.9% sure this is "Appendices," which you can find at the okgo songs account the lovely Katy set up (its latest incarnation). For the info you need, go here:
    http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?...=1495&st=90
    There are other threads that talk about "Appendices" on the board; just do a search with the title.

Hmmmmm - I thought "Appendices" was a collection of recordings from his Brown days - here's the blurb from Wikipedia (the ultimate rock/pop compendium):

While in college at Brown, Kulash played in at least three bands - A La Playa, Calixto Chichilla, and Square. He released three CDs his senior year: an album of experimental Elvis covers (for his senior project), an eponymously-titled 5 song EP from his electronic pop band Square (tastefully packaged between two metal disks held together by a large bolt), and Appendices, a collection of more than a dozen miscellaneous recordings from his time in college, including solo songs, collaborations with friends, class projects, studio experiments, and recordings from previous bands.

Included on the Appendices record are the original recordings of "Bye Bye Baby," which was later re-recorded for OK Go's debut record, and 4 songs from a never-finished EP for his Pixies-meets-Shudder to Think punk band A La Playa, which was a very popular band during its short existence (and which played several shows with early incarnations of art punk legends Les Savy Fav and Lightning Bolt).

I'll check out the forums links.

And thanks mucho Sherib (btw, River Hills is just north of Milwaukee-right on the Milwaukee/Ozaukee County border).
  • Um ...I want the Elvis covers album! Being that I'm an obvious Damian fan, and Elvis is my all-time favorite artist, I think that would be utterly amazing. *le sigh*
  • QUOTE (CanaCove @ Oct 18 2006, 10:44 PM)
    Hmmmmm - I thought "Appendices" was a collection of recordings from his Brown days - here's the blurb from Wikipedia (the ultimate rock/pop compendium):
    See, it's funny you say that, because I mentioned that Wiki blurb in another thread, asking if the "clever/earnest" album they've talked about is "Appendices," and never found anything else out. Which is why I put the 99.9% ... I'm still wondering a little about it. And now that you've mentioned it, I'm wondering about it again.

??

That Elvis thing must be quite a trip.

P.S. On, Wisconsin biggrin.gif