In this Discussion

Now that's what I call music

edited November -1 in OK Go
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061102/nyth054.html?.v=71

NOW That's What I Call Music! Vol. 23 Hits Stores November 7
Thursday November 2, 6:00 am ET
Newest Collection Features 20 Superstar Acts Including Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, Fergie, JoJo, Nickelback, Kenny Chesney, Nick Lachey and More!

NEW YORK, Nov. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- The world's best selling multi-artist album series, NOW That's What I Call Music!, is back this Fall with a red-hot collection of chart-topping tunes. NOW That's What I Call Music!, Vol. 23, scheduled for release on November 7 will feature 20 of the biggest smash hits spanning the current Pop, Modern Rock, Country and R&B charts.

NOW That's What I Call Music! Vol. 23 features current chart favorites from superstar artists like Christina Aguilera, Fergie, Ne-Yo, Nickelback, Beyonce, Jessica Simpson, Rihanna, and Nick Lachey. Also included are huge hits from hot newcomers like Hinder, Teddy Geiger, Cherish, Lyfe Jennings and OK Go. NOW 23 is a compilation joint venture featuring top hits from EMI Music, Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group and the Zomba Group of labels. NOW 23 will be distributed by SONY BMG.

The NOW That's What I Call Music! series debuted in the United States in 1998 after the NOW brand had become an enormous, multi-platinum international success for nearly 20 years, with some 65 volumes internationally. To date, the NOW series has generated sales of over 142 million albums worldwide, and has sold over 59 million copies in the United States since its debut. Every album in the NOW series has reached the Billboard Top 10, and it is the only non-soundtrack, multi-artist collection to reach #1 Billboard status on the Billboard Top 200 Album Sales Chart.

Comments

• blasphemy!!!
    Ok Go and nickelback and hinder??
    huh.gif
  • That's pretty sweet.

Except Nickelback and Hinder do not deserve to be on the same track list as OK Go.

definitely not.

That's still neat, though.

Hinder . . . . . . dry.gif

Oh Well.
  • Oh dear god. That's kinda depressing. Though I guess it will get the guys new exposure, but still...I owned a Now cd in 8th grade. I think it was Now 6. Damn that was a long time ago.
  • Now 3 was one of my first CDs ever.
  • i can't wait until they're on kidz bop!
  • Now 4 was one my fav CDs ever. It had Train's Meet Virginia. I still adore that song, I won't even try and lie about it.

This makes me somewhat sad. It shouldn't, but it does.
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ Nov 2 2006, 04:00 PM)
    i can't wait until they're on kidz bop!

Oh man, that's totally next, isn't it. blink.gif
  • Now 2 was the first CD I ever bought, I think. I remember I used to dream about being rich enough to buy all the Now cds. Wow, I was a really dumb middle schooler.

Gah, this is soooo weird. Just a couple of months ago, no one knew who they were. Now every 11 year old on the planet knows who they are and wants to buy a ticket to their concert. THIS SUCKS FOR US. Not for OK Go, but for us. They deserve all the credit in the world, but man, they don't come out after shows anymore. So, for all the people who have been long time fans and have simply been waiting for the guys to come near them, now when they do, they won't even get to meet them. I feel most sorry for people like Kay and Jade that haven't seem them yet. Teeny boppers = sadness.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Nov 5 2006, 03:20 PM)
    They deserve all the credit in the world, but man, they don't come out after shows anymore.

they don't?! sad.gif

it's a good thing i got to meet them ... 5 times, but it still makes me sad.
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ Nov 5 2006, 07:21 PM)
    they don't?! sad.gif

it's a good thing i got to meet them ... 5 times, but it still makes me sad.

Yes, I too was shocked. THIS SUCKS. But yay for them. unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Nov 5 2006, 04:20 PM)
    Now 2 was the first CD I ever bought, I think. I remember I used to dream about being rich enough to buy all the Now cds. Wow, I was a really dumb middle schooler.

Gah, this is soooo weird. Just a couple of months ago, no one knew who they were. Now every 11 year old on the planet knows who they are and wants to buy a ticket to their concert. THIS SUCKS FOR US. Not for OK Go, but for us. They deserve all the credit in the world, but man, they don't come out after shows anymore. So, for all the people who have been long time fans and have simply been waiting for the guys to come near them, now when they do, they won't even get to meet them. I feel most sorry for people like Kay and Jade that haven't seem them yet. Teeny boppers = sadness.

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

It's good that they have all this attention.

It's bitter-sweet, though.

sad.gif