In this Discussion

Anyone know anything about Logan Square (Chicago)?

edited November -1 in OK Go
Maybe I should have put this in the other Chicago thread, but I wanted to grab attention since it's short notice ...

I'm just curious whether anyone who is/will be on here tonight has been there before (Poison?) and knows stuff/has advice to make the preconcert process go smoothly ... I tried Monday and yesterday to get a hold of someone there and ask questions, but no luck.

My tickets are at will call, and since they gave no other delivery option online when I bought them, I'm wondering if *everyone* has to go to will call. And in that case, I'm assuming will call will be part of the process of getting inside, meaning there will be just one line. But if not, like if there was another option if you bought the tickets in person (? don't know if they do that), I'm wondering if there will be a line for getting into the concert and a line at will call, making it difficult to get far up in the line for the concert if you're waiting behind a billion people at will call ... And I'm wondering when the earliest time you can pick your tickets up there is ... argh ...

Also wanting a suggestion for an easy place to park, as I don't know the area and don't want to drive around too much searching for a lot and get lost and swear a lot ...

Also, since I know nothing about the venue, would we be waiting inside or outside to (hopefully) talk to the guys afterwards? Want to plan for warmth if necessary.

Gosh, I should have posted this earlier.

Thanks ahead for any help smile.gif

Comments

• *bump* (sorry)

Will check this in the morning. Thanks again, anybody/everybody smile.gif
  • Parking: street parking (I don't know if there is a parking lot...). It's a pretty residential area, but there should be a fair amount of parking on the nearby streets. Just watch the signs. Also, I should warn you, there's a traffic circle (think: Europe). It can be tricky. Our (my two roommates and me) vote for getting here is 90/94, exit California, head south, take a right on Fullerton, then a right on Kedzie. That should help you avoid driving in circles around "Logan Square". I think. Google map it, maybe?

Will Call: I was wondering that tonight, too. The last few shows I've been to (haven't been to Logan Square Auditorium, yet), "will call" has just been a list on a clipboard, no actual tickets involved. So yeah, the line might take forever. And, as I think about it, I've seen pretty massive lines outside the venue on concert nights. Which leads me to...

Inside/Outside: I think outside.

If I find out anything helpful tomorrow night, I'll pass it along.

PS: I'm guessing you're going to the instore, right? At least it's easy to get to the venue from Best Buy (a pretty straight shot west on Armitage, then north on Kedzie, FYI. I'm apparently in a directions-giving mood tonight).
  • QUOTE (poison @ Nov 8 2006, 11:16 PM)
    Parking: street parking (I don't know if there is a parking lot...). It's a pretty residential area, but there should be a fair amount of parking on the nearby streets. Just watch the signs. Also, I should warn you, there's a traffic circle (think: Europe). It can be tricky. Our (my two roommates and me) vote for getting here is 90/94, exit California, head south, take a right on Fullerton, then a right on Kedzie. That should help you avoid driving in circles around "Logan Square". I think. Google map it, maybe?

Will Call: I was wondering that tonight, too. The last few shows I've been to (haven't been to Logan Square Auditorium, yet), "will call" has just been a list on a clipboard, no actual tickets involved. So yeah, the line might take forever. And, as I think about it, I've seen pretty massive lines outside the venue on concert nights. Which leads me to...

Inside/Outside: I think outside.

If I find out anything helpful tomorrow night, I'll pass it along.

PS: I'm guessing you're going to the instore, right? At least it's easy to get to the venue from Best Buy (a pretty straight shot west on Armitage, then north on Kedzie, FYI. I'm apparently in a directions-giving mood tonight).

I'm glad someone knows where they are going! Though it probably helps if you are FROM Chicago and not five hours away... smile.gif
  • Thank you sooo much, Poison. Especially about the traffic circle. I've only encountered one of those once and it was a nightmare.

Good good good about street parking.

But as far as outside: sad.gif I was hoping not. Oh well ...

Thanks again for all your tips and info.

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 8 2006, 10:44 PM)
    I'm glad someone knows where they are going! Though it probably helps if you are FROM Chicago and not five hours away... smile.gif

tongue.gif biggrin.gif