In this Discussion

a question on an american comedy

edited November -1 in General Discussion
^^^

so ive become obsessed with this show lately, as they show like 6 eps in a row each day on a chanel i now own

but i am confussed

what happend to the dad? one season hes there, and then hes gone

im guessing he either left home or he died?

please fill me in...

Comments

• He died really suddenly in real life, so they worked it into the show that his character had a heart attack in the supermarket.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Nov 14 2006, 11:35 PM)
    what happend to the dad? one season hes there, and then hes gone
    im guessing he either left home or he died?
    please fill me in...

The man playing him, John Ritter, passed away and they decided to deal with the death in the show and continued making it. Personally, I think Ritter made the show that was kind of lost later.

edit: whoops, already answered
  • i like david spade
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Nov 15 2006, 12:28 AM)
    i like david spade

I think he's an angry little elf
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Nov 14 2006, 08:28 PM)
    i like david spade

seconded.

Is he on this show or was just a random statement?
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Nov 14 2006, 04:28 PM)
    i like david spade

i love emperor kuzco
  • I think he plays the wife's brother..? Something like that. A bunch of random big stars started showing up as family members after the dad died.
  • I love John Ritter. I was really sad when he died.

And David Spade is a little evil elf. But I do like emperor Kuzco. A lot.
  • are you telling me you DONT like david spade? well...
  • no.

he's just annoying.

and little.

and an elf.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 14 2006, 11:51 PM)
    He died really suddenly in real life, so they worked it into the show that his character had a heart attack in the supermarket.

oh my =(

this is indeed sad times, he added alot to the show..i had never seen the early eps before i had just seen it when cj(david spade) and gramps had joined, so seeing the old eps..the show felt alot diffrent

isnt the whole plot of the book that the show was bassed on written by the dads point of veiw? thus making it kinda redundent after?

i still enjoy the show, but this is sadness..
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Nov 15 2006, 06:56 AM)
    no.

he's just annoying.

and little.

and an elf.

HAHAHHAA agreed.
  • ... but i love david spade.... and i know he loves me back...
  • the spade rocks

what other american comedy is he in? cause im sure ive seen him somewhere else in sitcom land
  • "just shoot me!". he was dennis finch. he also used to be on saturday night live, but that's not a sitcom.
  • I watched an old episode of SNL yesterday and Spade was hosting . . . he brought back his Joe Dirt character for a skit . . . they just didn't say it.

Oh boy.
  • QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Nov 15 2006, 03:32 PM)
    "just shoot me!". he was dennis finch. he also used to be on saturday night live, but that's not a sitcom.

ah thats the one, that comedy wasnt that good if i recall

and ive never seen SNL, outside of clips of it on various shows
  • I love SNL, but every season it just gets worse. I love the older episodes best, like the first couple seasons in the 70's and in the early 90's when they had Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, and Phil Hartman sad.gif.

Oh, and the episodes with Will Ferrell. Because I love him.
  • aww, 8 simple rules is such a funny show. Yeah, it was better with John Ritter (sad.gif) but they still have some really funny moments with David Spade and James Garner.

SNL sucks hardcore now, but the old stuff was really funny.