In this Discussion

a question on an american comedy

Comments

• QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Nov 15 2006, 03:32 PM)
    "just shoot me!". he was dennis finch. he also used to be on saturday night live, but that's not a sitcom.

FINCH! Alright, I guess Spade can be alright sometimes. SOMETIMES.

QUOTE (Jaded @ Nov 15 2006, 05:10 PM)
    I love SNL, but every season it just gets worse. I love the older episodes best, like the first couple seasons in the 70's and in the early 90's when they had Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, and Phil Hartman sad.gif.

Oh, and the episodes with Will Ferrell. Because I love him.

I totally agree. First off, no one can ever beat the original Not Ready for Prime Time Players. Gilda Radner remains my favorite cast member of all time. The 80s crew came really close to beating them. Dana Carvey makes me all giggly and I don't think any skit was as remembered as Wayne's World.

Awww, the good days of SNL. Too bad it's so poopy now (with the exception of Andy Sandberg because I love him a bunch. I won't try and hide it.)
  • You have to give credit to The Lonely Island these days, though. They're doing their best to unsuck the show.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 15 2006, 08:02 PM)
    You have to give credit to The Lonely Island these days, though. They're doing their best to unsuck the show.

It is true. Oh my God, have you seen The 'Bu? I honestly laughed through the entire "season."
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Nov 15 2006, 01:58 PM)
    Awww, the good days of SNL. Too bad it's so poopy now (with the exception of Andy Sandberg because I love him a bunch. I won't try and hide it.)

This conversation has made me look at all the previous and present SNL cast members. I had no idea Anthony Michael Hall was a cast member, for one season at that. blink.gif

hahaha, and the Lonely Island is so funny. LASER CATS!

And . . . I love Andy, too. smile.gif

Edit: I was looking at the Lonely Island's website . . . and they love We Are Scientists. I can definitely see why, too.
  • i'm a huge snl geek. i own (almost) all of the best of dvd's. as well as the scene it! or whatever it is snl game. and i completely agree w/ everything you guys have said. i love old school snl. two wild and craazy guys!!! i love the 80s cast as well. i had a teacher in highschool who went to school with chris farley, and i remember being jealous of her, that would have been hilarious.
  • i likes just shoot me. actually, i LOVED it
  • I like NewsRadio. Because Phil Hartman is in it, as well as Dave Foley from Kids in the Hall (whom I love, also). He's one of my favorite SNL cast members (Phil Hartman), along with Dan Akroyd, Dana Carvey . . . and Will Ferrell. Because I will love him forever. and ever.

I'm redundant.

That goes for Martin Short, too. (I don't care if he was on for one season, it's Martin Short, that's why.)
  • newsradio was good comedy. jon lovitz sucks
  • Well . . . that was kind of random . . . the whole Jon Lovitz comment. I think he's funny, in an unintentional way. Still funny, nevertheless . . .
  • BAD!

jade has now been disowned
  • sorry, i know it hurts, but i just cant be associated with jon lovitz fans
  • Oh well. Many other people love me, anyway. smile.gif
  • shit... well, ok, i guess i can un-disown you just for that brazen display of posting

p.s. i still highly DISLIKE jon lovitz
  • Yay. And it's OK to highly "DISLIKE" Jon Lovitz. To each his own.
  • QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Nov 15 2006, 07:50 PM)
    i'm a huge snl geek. i own (almost) all of the best of dvd's. as well as the scene it! or whatever it is snl game. and i completely agree w/ everything you guys have said. i love old school snl. two wild and craazy guys!!! i love the 80s cast as well. i had a teacher in highschool who went to school with chris farley, and i remember being jealous of her, that would have been hilarious.

I totally thought I was all by myself here! I'm glad there's another SNL geek with all of the tapes and dvds. Do you have the Christmas and Halloween specials, too? Those are my favourite.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Nov 15 2006, 10:22 PM)
    I'm redundant.

"you keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means"

• QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Nov 19 2006, 07:38 AM)
    "you keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means"

INCONCEIVABLE!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 17 2006, 01:02 PM)
    I totally thought I was all by myself here! I'm glad there's another SNL geek with all of the tapes and dvds. Do you have the Christmas and Halloween specials, too? Those are my favourite.

most definitely!! i haven't been able to find them for a while, but i know i have them... haha.
  • wait what? they cancled 8 simple rules?