In this Discussion

Hold up, say WHAT?

edited November -1 in OK Go
Do you guys remember a while back when Penelope mentioned how an Austin radio morning show insulted OK Go, said that OK Go would never amount to anything, and how upset I got, enough so that I wrote like a 4 page letter to them?

Yeah, well, they play OK Go on their radio station now. I find that terribley ironic.

This is a link to all the US stations that play OK Go, and they're the last station in Texas (KMAX, Austin, 94.7).

Comments

• HA!!

Guess somebody had to eat their words then! (?) Have you listened to that morning show since? Has he mentioned it?
  • I haven't been home, so I don't know. But I probably will when I get home because I grew up on it, I can't just write them off so easily, even if they implied that I had a bad judge of character.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Nov 17 2006, 02:53 AM)
    I haven't been home, so I don't know. But I probably will when I get home because I grew up on it, I can't just write them off so easily, even if they implied that I had a bad judge of character.

I QUIT listening to them pretty much since the incident. They had been getting on my nerves for a while, but that pushed me over...

Two days until I see the guys in NYC, we scouted the venue today. The bummer is, I don't have a camera phone (I know, I'm way behind the times) and the venue said no to other cameras (but yes to camera phones). If I can't get a new picture I'll be very sad. Any suggestions?
  • ive always gotten my camera into irving and ive been to at least 5 shows there...

then again, i havent been there in a while and dont know if they are more strictly enforcing their camera policy :/

i dunno, i was planning on bringing my camera. not gonna flaunt it or anything obviously but try to be discreet. if you'd rather not risk it, maybe try to sneak a disposable.
  • i always hide my camera, just in case.
    so far i've found that hiding it in my sock is usually the best way to go. my roomie's had some success with hiding it up her sleeve (but i'm always too nervous that they'll see it). or...if you have a really slim camera just hide it in a small box of tampons.
  • For NIN I made my friend crotch my camera. It wasn't that bad though, because it was more on her hip than in the crotchel region... Yeah. And another time I just straight up duct-taped that mother to my thigh. That felt oddly James Bond-ish. Then again I <i>was</i> wearing baggy pants and did have to go to the bathroom to properly retrieve it. It was for a meet & greet; I was adamant. On another occasion my sister got away with a camera in her bra. Mind you, this was no small camera. She sort of had a square-ish jutty boob, but it worked nonetheless.

I'd try the tampon box method because nobody (especially a guy security person) would check inside there. Hmm. Best of luck on that one smile.gif
  • i've taken pictures at irving plaza before, and no one said anything to me. i guess if you don't take a picture every second and blind everyone with the flash, you can sneak a few photos.
  • I think the best technique I've heard is looping the camera around your bra, like in the space between your cleavage. Of course, then you'd have to wear a looser shirt. I've heard the one about hiding it in a tampon box, but you also have to keep in mind that if a security gaurd sees you with a camera, he'll take it.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Nov 17 2006, 09:15 AM)
    I think the best technique I've heard is looping the camera around your bra, like in the space between your cleavage. Of course, then you'd have to wear a looser shirt. I've heard the one about hiding it in a tampon box, but you also have to keep in mind that if a security gaurd sees you with a camera, he'll take it.

Yeesh, I wasn't even THINKING about hiding anything the Chicago show. The guy asked to see my bag and I showed him everything that was in it, including my camera and video camera. It's a damn good thing I didn't get those taken away. Next time I shall be more careful!
  • lol i think we should go laugh in their big fat almost corperate faces
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 17 2006, 11:58 AM)
    Yeesh, I wasn't even THINKING about hiding anything the Chicago show. The guy asked to see my bag and I showed him everything that was in it, including my camera and video camera. It's a damn good thing I didn't get those taken away. Next time I shall be more careful!

Well no, it all depends on the venue. Some places allow them, some don't. At Logan Square, they only checked you if you had a bag--they didn't look at or pat down anybody without one, either night. So I don't think they were looking for cameras in the bags--seemed like they don't care about cameras there at all.
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Nov 17 2006, 03:34 PM)
    lol i think we should go laugh in their big fat almost corperate faces

I'll drink to that sista!! Down with those corporate big wigs!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 18 2006, 03:27 AM)
    Well no, it all depends on the venue. Some places allow them, some don't. At Logan Square, they only checked you if you had a bag--they didn't look at or pat down anybody without one, either night. So I don't think they were looking for cameras in the bags--seemed like they don't care about cameras there at all.

Well, I'm taking a pack because,honestly, we're lining up so early we have to have snacks, money, stuff like that--can't go completely empty-handed. So, I'm putting my cameras in there. Honestly, I don't care about shooting ANYTHING during the actual show, I'm only wanting stuff AFTER the show...so maybe that will make a difference. I guess they could hold them for me until after the show....
    I won't worry about it at this point.
    Or I could pout and say "But I came all the way from Texas to see this show in NY..." as if they care...
  • You won't see this beforehand--I imagine you're at the venue as I speak, but I'm sending good vibes for an awesome time tonight! Can't wait to hear more show stories.
  • OK, so this morning I randomly flipped to THE MORNING show that so insulted OKGo and got us all upset a few months back...and I catch the same BALD OLD DJ saying something like "Oh yeah, we've got some new music by that band OKGo...remember them?" and then in this really disgusted sounding tone he said "I'm not even going to get into again about them again" and then proceeded to describe all the various arguments he's had with artists over the years...I turned it off but he was basically insulting them whilst introducing their song!
    JERK!!!!
    Weirder still is that I NEVER listen to that morning show anymore and just sort of accidentally tuned to it and caught that very minute of discussion.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 17 2006, 09:58 AM)

That how it was in Pomona. I had my video camera out while waiting in line, figuring that if I couldn't bring it in then someone would say something to me. They even checked my bag that I had it in. Nothing. I was still paranoid to video tape in the show though, so I didn't record that much.

QUOTE (Penelope @ Nov 29 2006, 11:06 AM)
    OK, so this morning I randomly flipped to THE MORNING show that so insulted OKGo and got us all upset a few months back...and I catch the same BALD OLD DJ saying something like "Oh yeah, we've got some new music by that band OKGo...remember them?" and then in this really disgusted sounding tone he said "I'm not even going to get into again about them again" and then proceeded to describe all the various arguments he's had with artists over the years...I turned it off but he was basically insulting them whilst introducing their song!
    JERK!!!!
    Weirder still is that I NEVER listen to that morning show anymore and just sort of accidentally tuned to it and caught that very minute of discussion.

You didn't hear this from me, but I say lets all join forces and confront this man. It doesn't have to be anything violent, just a simple "we're watching you." Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion though, but most causes of anger against somebody are secreting envy. Yeah that made no sense so I'm going to go.