In this Discussion

We Are Scientists

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I'm a longstanding member of the We are scientists board. I was introduced to Ok Go when I was told I dress a lot like Ok Go, so I looked 'em up, and they are my new favortie band. If you like Ok Go, you should check out We Are Scientists, they're very similar in clothes, humor, and music to Ok Go. wearescientists.com.

Comments

• We Are Scientists are funnyness, they rock my torn socks.
  • I love we are scientists! I've just bought "with love and squalor"..
  • QUOTE (greeneye @ Sep 28 2006, 12:45 PM)
    I love we are scientists! I've just bought "with love and squalor"..

I have that record....but I got it on vinyl, and didn't get a chance to listen to it over the summer. sad.gif Anybody want to send me a digital copy....? wink.gif

Anyway, they are rather good, though I have to say, I was kinda' disappointed when I saw them live. I don't know if it was an off day, if it was because I didn't know enough of their songs, or if it was because I fucking HATE Irving Plaza and the crowd was pissing the hell out of me. Perhaps I need to see them again.

Also, boy fucking LOVES these guys. I'm pretty sure he could go on about them for ages. (It kind of helps that his band's toured with them.........)
  • oh hay yo, i'm on the WAS board too occasionally, actually i just posted about the sweet new merch they've got goin on. Skeleton hoodie is a must have. and of course the skivvies.

also how awesome was that Spinto band podcast? i love it. Chris and the Dino Era is truly an amazing combination.
  • I might go t a WAS concert.

I should go and buy tickets tomorrow.

Might, would, should,

will.
  • yeah they're awesome live, so funny.
  • i think ive seen them

oh yes i have

they are very fun
  • w.a.s. pretty much freaking rocks. i've only seen them once, as they've only come to wisconsin once and i very rarely get to leave this dairy land, but it was sweet. i would recommend it. chris wears these awesome goggle/wrap-around glasses on stage, it's pretty amazing.
  • Got this bulletin from WAS on MySpace today. Note how they switched up some of the questions, hee:

Our new disc, CRAP ATTACK: out today in the U.K.
    Detritivores,

We are invading the British retail space today with something called 'Crap Attack'. Here's the FAQ:

WHAT IS 'CRAP ATTACK'? Today.

WHEN DOES IT COME OUT? A double disc -- one CD, one DVD -- with 15 tracks of music, 13 music videos, and a full live show we taped last spring in London.

IS THERE ANYTHING NEW ON IT? There's a baby on the front; he's got oatmeal all over his face; his bib says 'Crap Attack: B-Sides, Videos, Remixes & Rarities'.

HOW WILL I IDENTIFY 'CRAP ATTACK'? WHAT DOES THIS THING LOOK LIKE? Lots of new stuff. Unreleased songs; unreleased remixes; b-sides of only moderate availability; 10 videos you've never seen, unless you're an obsessive fan, in which case there are at least 5 videos you've never seen. And there's no way you've seen the pics of the baby.

WHERE CAN I GET IT? Why the hell are you asking us? We really have no idea.

DO KANGAROOS HAVE BETTER, MORE STIMULATING SEX THAN PEOPLE, OR IS THAT JUST A RUMOR? Music stores, our merch booth, or online. Just one example of the last:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...ck-21/ref=nosim

If we STILL haven't answered all your questions, you'll find a comprehensive discussion of 'Crap Attack' here:
    http://www.wearescientists.com/crapattack.html

---------
    ---------

'Crap Attack' is in stores in Germany , and will be available everywhere else in the world via the WAS website in the next couple of weeks.

---------
    ---------

This is pretty good:
    http://www.tomgreen.com/uploads/lg_2038849...55da4240ca5.jpg
  • I love WAS. I got their record the day before it was released. Pre-orders are awesome.

I like their older songs though; The Method, The Bomb Inside the Bomb, and The Creeper being my older favorites.
  • My itsy bitsy review from last night's show:

http://smileysweetie.livejournal.com/119482.html
  • yep their pretty good.
    i find it a little weird that a band member would go to anothers to try to sell some cd's tho

i still love em' tho ^^
  • Yeah! They're great! I have their album too.

They had a gig here in Brazil recently, but unfortunately I couldn't go.

sad.gif
  • My friends and I were trying to get over OK Go by trying to get into WAS.

Needless to say, we failed.