In this Discussion

Wow! An interview with Dan!

edited November -1 in OK Go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3fLBUWCPXQ

It's all stuff we've heard before, but we finally get to see an interview with Dan, which is nice.

Comments

• i don't think i've ever heard him speak so many sentences..in a row.. i'm not sure if i like it. i kinda like dan being all mysterious and quiet like in the background. i feel like i know way too much about tim, damian and andy.

oh and is it me or does the first dude in the "hey we invited people off the street to try out the dance!" sequence kind of look like original!andy? or am i just being weird?

ps: omg damian with the cut off gloves and the short shorts is weirdly hot. i'm usually a tim kind of girl but damn, mr. kulash nice legs!
  • i want a tim interview really bad.
    man.
  • QUOTE (sprechysang @ Nov 18 2006, 10:17 PM)
    oh and is it me or does the first dude in the "hey we invited people off the street to try out the dance!" sequence kind of look like original!andy? or am i just being weird?
    I thought the same thing. Ha biggrin.gif

i'm usually a tim kind of girl but damn, mr. kulash nice legs!
    I'm salivating again just at your mention of them. laugh.gif
  • I LOVE hearing Dan speak. I had the pleasure of talking to him lots at the Cincin show and he is the sweetest man alive.

Though I am in love with Damian's interviews, I am elated and overjoyed that we actually got to hear from Dan for a change. biggrin.gif Even if it is the same facts we already know.

"Aboot." I love Canadians. smile.gif
  • FINALLY, someone interviewed Dan! Drummers are hardly ever interviewed, so big props to these people...and of course, major props to Dan for being his adorable, lovable self! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (ConversationFear @ Nov 19 2006, 01:19 PM)
    FINALLY, someone interviewed Dan! Drummers are hardly ever interviewed, so big props to these people...and of course, major props to Dan for being his adorable, lovable self! biggrin.gif

DAMIAN'S LEGS!!
  • I got really excited about the interviewer's Canadian accent. Adorable.

And I'll admit it, I watched the peopleon the street portion about 3 times. I laughed every single time.
  • I love that interview. I haven't seen him speaking that many sentences either. to me it looks like he feels a bit uncomfortable about being interviewed allone, having all the interviewers' attention... wink.gif. I really like it. I haven't seen those treadmill dance studio clips before either, I guess they're on the DVD? (mine hasn't arrived yet...)
  • yep, they're on the DVD. Wonderful clips.
    I'm so happy to see Dan! I always feel bad for him when he's at all those interviews and he and Rusty are just stuck in the back and they really never get aknowledged at all. Especially Dan. He like, never says anything at interviews. That's why at my concert I was planning on trying to talk to him a bit. But I was dismayed to find I couldn't think of anything to ask him. I spent days before hand trying to think of some good things to ask, but it was really hard because you don't hear much about him or what he likes and it just gives you a really broad range of material to cover in conversation. But in the end, he didn't stick around much and had other people to talk to. Oh well. Next time I'll have something. It was super easy to come up with things for Tim and Damian.
    I would have figured in the DVD that Dan would have said a little more. But there's that "OK Go on Oh No" where he has 1 short line, and then the tredmill stuff when he's doing the summersaults, and also when he's asked how many times they've done the dance. At least he's got that "Schyzotypal Indicators" video where he says a little more. I was so happy to see this video though! Dan. Speaking. Hoorah!
  • QUOTE (Suzy @ Nov 19 2006, 09:21 AM)
    DAMIAN'S LEGS!!

LOL!!

Yeah, quit getting off-topic, guys. Geez.
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 19 2006, 12:26 PM)
    Especially Dan. He like, never says anything at interviews. That's why at my concert I was planning on trying to talk to him a bit. But I was dismayed to find I couldn't think of anything to ask him. I spent days before hand trying to think of some good things to ask, but it was really hard because you don't hear much about him or what he likes and it just gives you a really broad range of material to cover in conversation.

Whenever I talk to Dan, it's never really about anything. I just go up to him and he starts talking. He usually asks me how I am and about school. haha
  • Something really cool about Dan: when Jennifer (toiletdog) was talking to him after the Friday Chicago show, he said, "It's nice to meet you," and I piped up, "You actually met in Cincinnati," because earlier that day we had just been talking about her conversation with him there. And he looked at her and immediately said, "Oh yeah!" and referred to the topic of the conversation they'd had. So about a month later, after not recognizing her at first, just the mention of the city instantly jogged his memory for what they had talked about. It was amazingly cool. Amazingly cool.
  • I have a story that goes along with that! At one show, I was talking to Dan about my brother. Then I saw them again a little more than a month later and when he saw me, he asked how my brother was.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 19 2006, 09:54 PM)
    Something really cool about Dan: when Jennifer (toiletdog) was talking to him after the Friday Chicago show, he said, "It's nice to meet you," and I piped up, "You actually met in Cincinnati," because earlier that day we had just been talking about her conversation with him there. And he looked at her and immediately said, "Oh yeah!" and referred to the topic of the conversation they'd had. So about a month later, after not recognizing her at first, just the mention of the city instantly jogged his memory for what they had talked about. It was amazingly cool. Amazingly cool.

*giggles* Now, next time I see him, he's going to ask about my tattoo. smile.gif
  • So that was the fake in that picture, right ...... ?
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 20 2006, 12:15 AM)
    So that was the fake in that picture, right ...... ?

No...........of course not. WHY would I have a fake tattoo? *whistles*

Yes, the tattoo in that picture was indeed fake. But having it there made me want to get a REAL one even more. A couple, actually. smile.gif
  • I wanted to see Dan's tattoo. Didn't really get to ask though. And for all I know, it could be in a spot where it shouldn't be visible, lol. But that doesn't seem like a Dan thing to do.
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 20 2006, 12:58 AM)
    I wanted to see Dan's tattoo. Didn't really get to ask though. And for all I know, it could be in a spot where it shouldn't be visible, lol. But that doesn't seem like a Dan thing to do.

????? Dan has a tattoo? After all that talk in Cincinnati about how I shouldn't get one?

Why that little.... biggrin.gif
  • Dan has a tattoo?

I still love what he said. "Oh yeah! You're the one with the tattoo bullshit!"