In this Discussion

Best Buy : Signal Hill : KROQ & Ok Go

edited November -1 in OK Go
I got there just in time to catch their last song.. during their first two songs, i spent driving around looking for parking. :\

and i have video of Invincible.. but since I was literally 2 feet away from the HUGE speaker tower. it's horribly inaudible.. but the video is beautiful and clear. smile.gif

Comments

• great pics! Thanks for sharing. I love the Kulash's scarf. Who's with me?
  • Hell yeah! I'm with you laugh.gif He looks like he should be seducing something (okay, he's probably already doing that) and holding a glass of scotch while sitting next to a crackling fire in a dimly lit great room. And maybe talking like Robert Goulet... Yes.

Sorry to here about the parking mishap. I hate it when that happens sad.gif But thank you for sharing your pictures!! They turned out very nicely biggrin.gif
  • Me! That was the first thing I thought! Well, other than the primal reaction of thinking he's so good-looking it's painful. laugh.gif

Those pictures are really nice. Thanky for posty!

QUOTE (nati_face @ Nov 22 2006, 01:16 AM)
    Hell yeah! I'm with you laugh.gif He looks like he should be seducing something (okay, he's probably already doing that) and holding a glass of scotch while sitting next to a crackling fire in a dimly lit great room. And maybe talking like Robert Goulet... Yes.
    I hadn't seen this before sending mine--hahahahaha laugh.gif

So holy crap, no tie? When's the last time we saw that, other than the treadmill practices? It's startling to see.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 21 2006, 11:08 PM)
    great pics! Thanks for sharing. I love the Kulash's scarf. Who's with me?

You're welcome.. wink.gif
    If you bought a KROQ cd, you also got a OK Go promo poster.

They did a signing shortly after their set.. the guys werent very chatty and looked pretty tired. Except for Dan.
    As my old OK Go sampler made it down the table.. Dan stopped in his tracks, "Whoa, what the heck is this? where'd you get this from?"

Then complimented me on my shirt and thanked me for being a fan for so long. Good times.
  • Those are wonderful pictures. I love the last one of Tim. Is it just me or are his buttons safety pinned to his jacket?
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 22 2006, 12:34 AM)
    Is it just me or are his buttons safety pinned to his jacket?

Lol!! Yes, that's so cute! Good eyes, ezovera
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 21 2006, 11:34 PM)
    Those are wonderful pictures. I love the last one of Tim. Is it just me or are his buttons safety pinned to his jacket?

now that you mention it.. yes they are. haha whatever works i guess.
  • haha. I guess he doesn't have time to sew on tour. Or he doesn't know how to sew.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 22 2006, 01:21 AM)
    Me! That was the first thing I thought! Well, other than the primal reaction of thinking he's so good-looking it's painful. laugh.gif

Those pictures are really nice. Thanky for posty!

I hadn't seen this before sending mine--hahahahaha laugh.gif
    So holy crap, no tie? When's the last time we saw that, other than the treadmill practices? It's startling to see.

Hahahaha XD That's awesome!! And yeah, that totally caught me off guard! It's one of those moments where you have to ask yourself, "Real Damian? Or Evil Clone Damian??!!" [solemn nod]

laugh.gif
    QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 22 2006, 01:39 AM)
    haha. I guess he doesn't have time to sew on tour. Or he doesn't know how to sew.

[hand shoots up] I'll sew for them!!! PICK ME! PICK ME! Hardy har har biggrin.gif

Yeah, nice catch, ezovera!!
    QUOTE (liezl @ Nov 22 2006, 01:22 AM)
    They did a signing shortly after their set.. the guys werent very chatty and looked pretty tired. Except for Dan. As my old OK Go sampler made it down the table.. Dan stopped in his tracks, "Whoa, what the heck is this? where'd you get this from?"

Then complimented me on my shirt and thanked me for being a fan for so long. Good times.

!!! That's way cool ^__^ Good for you!
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Nov 21 2006, 11:51 PM)
    [hand shoots up] I'll sew for them!!! PICK ME! PICK ME! Hardy har har biggrin.gif

At the next show, we should all show up with sewing kits and offer to repair their clothes. I think that'd be hilarious.
    and one last picture.. only because Tim looks confused.

.. and some video. sound is very shite.. just turn it down and sync up your mp3s of Invincible. lol

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oATKdlsYClg
  • Damn. For someone that got there a bit late, you sure got a good spot and took some excellent pictures! That or you just have a flippin' awesome camera. Either way, you rule. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 22 2006, 12:50 AM)
    Damn. For someone that got there a bit late, you sure got a good spot and took some excellent pictures! That or you just have a flippin' awesome camera. Either way, you rule. smile.gif

it was an awesome set up actually.. a stage and about 12 couches surrounding it. The crowd was pretty light so I managed to finagle my way through it to the far right side of the stage. No one wanted to be by the noisy speakers so I had a clear shot.. i think im deaf now though.

my camera takes great daytime shots..
    but concert shots. now that's another story.. those generally suck.
  • http://youtube.com/watch?v=7fXukcg8qdA << OK Go's Father Christmas (and why they chose it)
  • WOW! Excellent pictures! Seriously, Those are NICE!

Thanks!
  • QUOTE (e 5170a @ Nov 22 2006, 07:05 AM)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=7fXukcg8qdA << OK Go's Father Christmas (and why they chose it)

Thanks for posting it!
  • QUOTE (e 5170a @ Nov 22 2006, 08:05 AM)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=7fXukcg8qdA << OK Go's Father Christmas (and why they chose it)

The Kinks rock my socks. Ok Go is so awesome because they appreciate the classic bands. Thanks for the linkie.
  • Aaaah! Love that song.
  • QUOTE (e 5170a @ Nov 22 2006, 09:05 AM)
    Yay! I wanna have your babies!!

That sounds as good as it did in my head when I first read they'd covered it, lol. Sweet smile.gif

And it's in a Lewis Black movie? Also awesome!