In this Discussion

AMW, and C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips SCREENSHOTS

edited November -1 in OK Go
Hey all! I just wanted to give you guys and update. We added screenshots of the whole music video(s) A Million Ways, and C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips to the gallery, from the OK Go DVD!

They are looking good guys, and another thing, we are wayyyyy more organized in the gallery so it's more accessible to you all.

Please, you all know the rules:
Don't Direct Link.
And Credit us.

Thanks!

www.okgocentral.com/gallery

***Have Any Question, Comments, or Concerns?! Ask the lovely Sheri!***

Comments

• hahahah if you go through them really fast it looks like there moving.. smile.gif

gosh im lame...

rad screenshots, they are visual evidence of a short haired Damian...
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Nov 22 2006, 07:56 AM)
    hahahah if you go through them really fast it looks like there moving.. smile.gif

gosh im lame...

rad screenshots, they are visual evidence of a short haired Damian...

totally off topic, but Felster, I love Stella and the whole State group.. I hope you bought the State off itunes. Michael Ian Black in his early days. good times.
  • QUOTE (Angelo @ Nov 22 2006, 10:51 AM)
    Please, you all know the rules:
    Don't Direct Link.
    And Credit us.

Not to be a stickler, but really, how can we credit you when you did not take those photos (I'm talking about the still photos) or at the very least, reference where they were from originally?

I've taken many band photos in my time and will often e-mail them to friends or to the band themselves and months later, I find them on random sites (or even the band's site) with no credit whatsoever. Trying to be fair here.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Nov 22 2006, 01:25 PM)
    Not to be a stickler, but really, how can we credit you when you did not take those photos (I'm talking about the still photos) or at the very least, reference where they were from originally?

I've taken many band photos in my time and will often e-mail them to friends or to the band themselves and months later, I find them on random sites (or even the band's site) with no credit whatsoever. Trying to be fair here.

First of all, We DO credit them. It's obvious that you haven't checked out the site fully. We do credit www.flickr.com, and other people who we ask for our pictures. We just don't put them on the images (Well, not all the time, at least).

But really. We do. We try to be fair. It's hard to try to reference EVERYONE. And aside from that, I was only talking about the screenshots. Not the images of live etc., themselves. We are fully aware that yes, We didn't take them, but, honestly, if you read--correctly mind you--The only thing that This topic discusses is the screenshots. Not live photos, or portrait photos or anything.
  • QUOTE (Angelo @ Nov 22 2006, 06:44 PM)
    First of all, We DO credit them. It's obvious that you haven't checked out the site fully. We do credit www.flickr.com, and other people who we ask for our pictures. We just don't put them on the images (Well, not all the time, at least).

But really. We do. We try to be fair. It's hard to try to reference EVERYONE. And aside from that, I was only talking about the screenshots. Not the images of live etc., themselves. We are fully aware that yes, We didn't take them, but, honestly, if you read--correctly mind you--The only thing that This topic discusses is the screenshots. Not live photos, or portrait photos or anything.

Why doesn't Damian have any underarm hair?
  • Thanks for the new screenshots! And for the categorizing ^__^ I heart organization!!

The C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips captures prompted me to go search youtube for some in concert dancing footage. Good stuff biggrin.gif
  • I need to learn that dance. Now.
  • Thanks about the organization of the pics--I feel the same way about needing things organized--it was merely a technical issue up till now. A "How do we make albums within albums with this software?" issue (which was the hold-up I mentioned vaguely in the other thread). Which is now resolved, and I can't tell you how thrilled it makes me and how excited I will be to add the tons of stuff I want to add now!!!! Whee!

About credits, first, as Michael said, this was just referring to the screenshots.

But more generally, I want to add that I am going to be crediting people for their photos as much as possible with the pictures I've got in my collection that I'm going to be adding (an endeavor into which many, many hours of work have gone in, finding the people who took them again, as when I saved the pictures in the first place, I'd had no intentions of putting them online anywhere), and I'm going to credit sources for every new picture I add after those. Also, there is going to be a disclaimer on the front page of the gallery explaining that the purpose of the site is to share the OK Go love with other fans, absolutely not to steal; that any lack of credit (or, potentially, wrong credit) is undesired; and that if anyone sees their photos on the site uncredited, to please contact us about it. (I am going to have a website email address for this and for people to send me picture submissions.) And it will also say that if anyone sees their photos and wants them taken down, to let us know and it will be done as soon as possible.

So I hope that helps. I want everyone to know that this thing is brand new and not in its final form and that we have every intention of doing things ethically--and organized. I'm a Virgo--don't worry. I'm a psychotic perfectionist. And I'm also a grammar psycho, so never fear. Text will be looked over regularly. And more written stuff will be added--the biographies finished, etc. Just please be patient--it's taking time to get everything in all the sections done.

Thanks!! And thanks for the compliments thus far!
    Sheri

QUOTE (Angelo @ Nov 22 2006, 09:51 AM)
    ***Have Any Question, Comments, or Concerns?! Ask the lovely Sheri!***
    laugh.gif Now I'm the "lovely Sheri"?? Hahaha
  • QUOTE (Suzy @ Nov 22 2006, 04:46 PM)

I thought I was the ONLY one secretly asking that same question. Thank you, now I feel less insane. biggrin.gif
  • Hi,

I just wanna say thanks for adding more screenshots and those new pics of Andy. He looks so different and cute in the other bands! I'd never seen him in just t-shirt and jeans.

I also like the new organization of the gallery, it makes everything much easier.

Thanks you guys!
  • I just got the mental image of Damian shaving his underarms in the shower while singing into his pink Venus razor...

For some reason, it's not that hard to imagine. Oh, you can't not love than man.
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Nov 23 2006, 01:41 AM)
    I just got the mental image of Damian shaving his underarms in the shower while singing into his pink Venus razor...
    For some reason, it's not that hard to imagine. Oh, you can't not love than man.
    No, it isn't. LOL!!

I'm finding it bizarre that the question of why he doesn't have underarm hair never once crossed my mind.
    blink.gif

HAHAHA Maybe I should try and ask him in Milwaukee.
  • Indeed about organization! Thanks Sheri!

Thanks all for the great support!
  • I know this is knit-picky, but do you think that you could create a thread just for your site, instead of making a new thread for every update?

It's just a thought, I think it'll make the board more organized.
  • That'd be great. But that would involve tons of bumping because I'm guessing not EVERYONE will look at it.

Dont you agree?
  • QUOTE (Angelo @ Nov 23 2006, 06:15 PM)
    That'd be great. But that would involve tons of bumping because I'm guessing not EVERYONE will look at it.

Dont you agree?

Actually, no. I don't agree. smile.gif The reason being is because it's an OK Go site - we're ALL going to look at it from time to time. I check it for updates regardless if you make a post about it. And when you update, then you can add to the thread and it will bump itself, letting everyone know that there is something new on the site. biggrin.gif
  • Okay. Well, If you say so. Would it be better if I just made a new thread that Shows updates on one post?
    I.e.

"
    July, 12, 2049-Cyber Pics of OK GO Released!
    December 14, 2006 Bla blah blah
    "

Things like that?
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 23 2006, 05:03 AM)
    I thought I was the ONLY one secretly asking that same question. Thank you, now I feel less insane. biggrin.gif

The first time I saw the video, that was the first thing that came into my head. He's .. got hair in most places (the pube pictures.. etc.) everywhere else- could this lack of hair be a concious decision?
  • QUOTE (Suzy @ Nov 22 2006, 07:46 PM)

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 23 2006, 03:03 AM)

QUOTE (Suzy @ Nov 23 2006, 09:57 PM)
    The first time I saw the video, that was the first thing that came into my head. He's .. got hair in most places (the pube pictures.. etc.) everywhere else- could this lack of hair be a concious decision?

My thoughts exactely. unsure.gif
  • We have a new Ok Go website?

How did I miss this?

When did this happen?

huh?

stupid school, making me miss out on all the important stuff sad.gif .