In this Discussion

You're So Damn Hot - Payless Commercial?

edited November -1 in OK Go
I think I caught what was the end of You're So Damn Hot in a Payless Shoes commercial.
Is this true? Or am I entirely delusional? Has anyone else seen this?

Comments

• Yep, it's been out for a couple of days. Pretty rad.
  • It's true. It's out there. I've yet to see it. I'm sure I will eventually (hope it's tonight!)
  • laugh.gif I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but that sig is hilarious!
  • Oh. Why, thank you biggrin.gif
  • Finally saw the commercial and screamed. Twas entertaining to watch my stupidity says my roomie
  • DAMN! Beat me to the punch (was going to make this same post). But I *just* caught it during a Roseanne rerun. I thought I was delerious for a second. Then I started screaming. biggrin.gif
  • Looks like a few people beat me to it, freaked me out for a sec, I really wasnt expecting it, specially YSDH.... But pretty cool all the same smile.gif
  • I need to watch more commercials.
  • OK Go is EVERYWHERE!!! This is kinda cool... Heh heh heh.

I love having 45 second freak outs. The sheer abruptness of suddenly starting and then seconds later stopping said spaz attacks leave unfortunate bystanders completely baffled. It's so entertaining laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 22 2006, 11:27 PM)
    Finally saw the commercial and screamed. Twas entertaining to watch my stupidity says my roomie

lol i saw it too and almost screamed! It was at 6:30 in the morn though, so I just gasped and my eyes almost popped out from the joy.
  • "Someone should stop you from doing that."- My sister after I said "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" in very round "O" sounds for what seemed like hours.
  • They placed Here It Goes Again on an OC commercial too smile.gif
  • My sister and I were watching Ghost Whisperer (I don't know why) and at the end, they started playing Do What You Want. We started to scream at the tv and sing along. I like hearing OK Go in random places. It's fun.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 24 2006, 11:03 PM)
    My sister and I were watching Ghost Whisperer (I don't know why) and at the end, they started playing Do What You Want. We started to scream at the tv and sing along. I like hearing OK Go in random places. It's fun.

Hahaha XD That has to be one of the weirdest places for DWYW to pop up... I mean, Jennifer Love Hewitt question mark? (And yes, it was completely necessary to type "question mark" out and use the actual punctuation. For emphasis and...stuff.)

I say "one of the weirdest" because when I initially saw this, my selective reading skills told my brain "The Horse Whisperer." And that is by far and wide the weirdest backdrop for an OK Go happening.

Robert Redford > Jennifer Love Hewitt
  • ahh nobody should put shoes and Ok Go together--my biggest weaknesses...

On another They're Everywhere! note, I was flying back to Nola today and one of the clips shown on the in-flight entertainment was the VH1 Big in '06 featuring the guys, which made me smile then realize I was probably freaking out the lady sitting next to me.
  • I finally saw it. It put a big smile on my face.
  • HOLY CRAP! just finished watching "Dexter" on Showtime and one of their promos for their show lineups plays nearly the WHOLE song of "Hello My Treacherous Friends"! Talk about RANDOM. never ever expected THAT song to get play on a commercial!
  • That is pretty impressive, cinnamonlips!
    and awesome, as Hello, my treacherous friends is one of my favorite songs ever.

I heard DWYW while watching football w/ my dad this afternoon- no surprises there anymore, but it made me perk up after having watched football for an hour because I was too lazy to move.
  • I am so glad I played hooky from class today because I saw that commercial. I was beginning to get paranoid like everyone was playing this "pretend there's this payless commercial with OK Go in it to make Angela really paranoid and more insecure than she already is" game. We'll call it the PTTPCWOGIITMARPAMITSAI for short. When I saw it today, I was getting ready to scream until my mom mentioned that it was an OK Go song. Just for a very tiny second, I didn't associate cool with OK Go anymore. I then smacked myself really hard, and promised never to think those thoughts again. My mom does have pretty good taste in music though.
  • I finally saw it too. I was watching tv with my sister, but I was falling asleep. Then the commercial came on and I sat up and started screaming at the tv.