In this Discussion

Milwaukee 11/26

edited November -1 in OK Go
A few pictures:
Will write a little about it later smile.gif

Comments

• Those are lovely pictures - I can't wait to hear more!!
  • i was totally there! i was front row, right in front of andy. it was total madness trying to get from the bar area they were keeping us in to the actual room the concert was in, i lost a shoe on the stairs. i never got it back, and they were my fave pair of flip-flops. but who cares, it was worth it and i have millions of other pairs of flip-flops, haha. i got some pictures also, but they're pretty shitty because we couldn't use flash and my camera kinda sucks, so i got better pics on my phone than i did w/ my digital. i also recorded some of the songs on my mp3 player. i'm not sure how well they turned out yet, but if they're ok, i'll try to upload them somewhere if people are interested.
  • That sign is hilarious. I can't wait to hear more!
  • [motions getting stabbed in the heart]

WOE IS ME, DAMMIT! Awwww!! Sheri I didn't know you were going to the Milwaukee show. Poo! Hahaha. After the two Chicago shows, my (itty bitty) friend and I were so hyped that we decided we should go to the show at The Rave, too. In the interim, we jumped back and forth between the mindset of "I absolutely must go. Kyah!" and "Yeah. This is going to be really hard. Maybe it's not such a good idea..." We kept trying to rationalize going by using the excuse that out friends from Marquette needed a ride back - and we were doing something any upstanding citizen would... The fact that The Rave is only a few blocks away was merely additional incentive laugh.gif However, given the fact that it's a bit of drive (gas $$$ was a concern - we've both been unemployed for a month or so rolleyes.gif ), and we both had class/ important things due at some obscene hour of the morning on the following Monday (err, I guess today (!?) ) - we ultimately decided against driving up to Milwaukee ;_____; The sad part is I accomplished nothing at all on Sunday. I'm really unproductive >.> But what's done is done [waits for Snow Patrol dates to roll around]

Hmmm... I'd love to hear any stories you've got from the show when you get the time!! Thanks for the pictures. From them I can extract a possible omen that I wasn't meant to be there: Andy is wearing the shirt I most dislike. I don't know what it is about it, but I'm just not having it XD
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 27 2006, 06:41 AM)
    A few pictures:
    Will write a little about it later smile.gif

so im very jealous. i was there a couple people behind you. the show was great but i didn't bring in my camera cause i was scared of the securities guys. howd you get yours in?
  • I don't know how Sheri did it, but the easiest ways are stuffing it between your boobs and hiding it in a tampon box, two places they can't check.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 27 2006, 07:10 PM)
    I don't know how Sheri did it, but the easiest ways are stuffing it between your boobs and hiding it in a tampon box, two places they can't check.

I talked to Sheri after she was inside, and she said she stuffed it in her sock. She said they had the metal "wands," but that they did a half-assed job looking for contraband. biggrin.gif

What do you mean they "can't" check tampon boxes? Is that a rule now? laugh.gif
  • Kind of. I think it's always kind of been a no-no for security to start popping open boxes of tampons.

I hope it's been, at least..?
  • does anyone have the set list for last night's milwaukee show? or know where i could find it? huh.gif
  • they were really lax at this concert about recording devices & cameras. i was holding my camera pretty much the entire time i went through "security". and then there were security guys standing in front of the stage during death cab, and every one was taking pictures and they didn't do anything, they just asked us to make sure the flash was off....
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 27 2006, 09:31 AM)
    *giggles*
    biggrin.gif
    QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 27 2006, 09:55 AM)
    Those are lovely pictures
    QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 27 2006, 05:07 PM)
    That sign is hilarious.
    Thanks to both!
    QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Nov 27 2006, 02:42 PM)
    i was totally there! i was front row, right in front of andy. it was total madness trying to get from the bar area they were keeping us in to the actual room the concert was in, i lost a shoe on the stairs. i never got it back, and they were my fave pair of flip-flops. but who cares, it was worth it and i have millions of other pairs of flip-flops, haha. i got some pictures also, but they're pretty shitty because we couldn't use flash and my camera kinda sucks, so i got better pics on my phone than i did w/ my digital. i also recorded some of the songs on my mp3 player. i'm not sure how well they turned out yet, but if they're ok, i'll try to upload them somewhere if people are interested.
    Cool that you were there too! I remember a girl with flip-flops a few people ahead of us when we first got in line (my friend and I were commenting on flip-flop wearers in November, even with the weather we've had biggrin.gif)--maybe that was you and you remember us? We were the ones who grabbed the chairs out of the corner and sat on them in line, lol.
    Yes, it was total madness. I'm really beginning to hate the Rave because of the way they do (or don't do, I should say) things. No fucking line, no security making a line and making sure it stays a line ... and then that dumbfuck bartender announcing that there's really no set line, so everyone swarms around the door and we have to wait like sardines for half an hour or more ... And then the fucking madhouse when they let us in, especially with staircases to go up. They have their heads up their asses there. But I'm glad to hear you didn't get hurt. Wow.
    I didn't even know they were saying you couldn't use flash. I used it the whole time. I figured we couldn't have cameras at all, because I had to give up a disposable there one time, but that if I got it in, security wouldn't do anything. My pictures aren't very good; I had to zoom a lot and they got grainy, and I don't think my flash is powerful enough for that far away at a concert. Not using the flash made them blurry, so that wasn't an option ... I guess I got some decent ones, though.
    QUOTE (nati_face @ Nov 27 2006, 05:16 PM)
    [motions getting stabbed in the heart]
    WOE IS ME, DAMMIT! Awwww!! Sheri I didn't know you were going to the Milwaukee show. Poo! Hahaha. After the two Chicago shows, my (itty bitty) friend and I were so hyped that we decided we should go to the show at The Rave, too. In the interim, we jumped back and forth between the mindset of "I absolutely must go. Kyah!" and "Yeah. This is going to be really hard. Maybe it's not such a good idea..."
    Aw, I thought you knew I was going. Bummer! Yeah, those "I really shouldn't, but I really want to, but it just won't work, or maybe it could" decisions are a bitch. sad.gif
    I can extract a possible omen that I wasn't meant to be there: Andy is wearing the shirt I most dislike. I don't know what it is about it, but I'm just not having it XD
    Haha biggrin.gif
    QUOTE (mmmmkgo @ Nov 27 2006, 05:42 PM)
    so im very jealous. i was there a couple people behind you. the show was great but i didn't bring in my camera cause i was scared of the securities guys. howd you get yours in?
    Cool! I take it you know that because of the sign? lol
    I put the camera in my sock (as Jennifer answered already--thank you smile.gif), along the side, by my ankle--my jeans were loose enough at the bottom that you couldn't tell at all, and the socks were long enough at the top that it was secure while I walked. I'd never actually tried to hide a camera before other than putting it in my pocket, which isn't real trying, I guess. I was considering crotching or between-boobing it (as Kay said), but then the friend I was with reminded me that they've been wanding at the Rave. But yeah, they barely wanded, and just over your middle, so it was safe near the floor smile.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 27 2006, 05:17 PM)
    and then that dumbfuck bartender announcing that there's really no set line, so everyone swarms around the door and we have to wait like sardines for half an hour or more

Wow. What kind of crazy venue is that? That's a pretty stupid thing to do.

I think that I should have been there because it looks like Tim is wearing that cameo brooch I love.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 27 2006, 07:17 PM)
    biggrin.gif
    Cool that you were there too! I remember a girl with flip-flops a few people ahead of us when we first got in line (my friend and I were commenting on flip-flop wearers in November, even with the weather we've had biggrin.gif)--maybe that was you and you remember us? My friend has shoulder-length blonde hair; we were the ones who grabbed the chairs out of the corner and sat on them in line, lol.
    Yes, it was total madness. I'm really beginning to hate the Rave because of the way they do (or don't do, I should say) things. No fucking line, no security making a line and making sure it stays a line ... and then that dumbfuck bartender announcing that there's really no set line, so everyone swarms around the door and we have to wait like sardines for half an hour or more ... And then the fucking madhouse when they let us in, especially with staircases to go up. They have their heads up their asses there. But I'm glad to hear you didn't get hurt. Wow.
    I would love to hear the recordings! And get copies if you'd like to share! And put them on okgocentral.com for download once I get the video/audio section up, if you'd like to share even more! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif Let me know. The sound at the Rave is pretty crappy, so I wonder if they'll turn out.

it's very possible i saw you then, i don't really remember anyone other than the guys in front of and behind me. i was with my sister who had fuschia/pink-ish hair, she'd probably be the more recognizable between us.
    yeah, the rave is pretty stupid at times. at some concerts they're more strict about the lines. like, you get there early and go in and get a "line number", and then they line you up according to your number, so if you got there first, you get in first. and imho, they should do that at ALL concerts, because those people really pissed me off too. like, i didn't get there 5 hours early so some punk ass girls and their moms could cut like that.
    and the recordings didn't really turn out. you can't really hear the vocals at all, but you can hear drums, andy's guitar and the screaming really well, haha. dry.gif
  • By the way, Sheri, THANK YOU for calling me during "Don't Ask Me!" (my favorite song, if anyone is interested) But you were right - I didn't hear very much. I heard parts of the beat, then some bluh-bluh-bluh of Damian singing (even with a crappy and static-filled connection, it was the sweetest sound in the world), but for some odd reason, whomever was screaming and singing along was the person I heard loud and clear. So if that was you, I heard you very well, and you have a lovely singing voice. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 27 2006, 06:22 PM)
    After Mike Kent showed up and I gave Mike Kent a Santa hat with two bags of candy to give to the guys, lol.

haha. You're awesome. I just pictured him wearing the hat. Did he wear the hat?

Poor Damian. He's always sick. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 27 2006, 06:54 PM)
    Ha, that would've been pretty funny biggrin.gif No, I actually handed it to him with the bags of candy in it. (Dark chocolate Dove Promises and dark chocolate M&Ms--I had bought them for Damian actually, re: mention of dark chocolate in the stale Peeps, etc., conversation on "Loveline," before Chicago, but didn't ever have them on me to give them to him; and I'd been planning on throwing the Santa hat onstage, but I wasn't close enough to the front) Well, actually, I held it up and asked if he could give it to the guys. And he looked at it, bemused, and said, "What's in it?" like it was one of the weirdest things he'd ever seen (it did look kinda weird, lol). I said, "Just candy," cracking up, and said, "It's from Sheri." He said he'd let them know and put it on the bus.

That's too bad. If I were seeing them next month, I would bring a santa hat and make him to wear it.

I have a feeling that Mike has seen a lot of weird stuff after touring with OK Go for so long. He probably had to deal with a lot of the stuff that people brought for audioblogs and people made all kinds of crazy things for those.