In this Discussion

Milwaukee 11/26

2»

Comments

• QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 27 2006, 09:54 PM)
    I wonder if being a singer makes you susceptible to viral stuff. I mean, I know he knows how to take care of his throat, but even if you do, I imagine as a singer your throat is more "raw" to a certain degree than the average person. But I'm totally talking out of my ass right now. lol

I'm a singer. I don't know that my throat is more susceptible, per se, but I know that I'm WAY more self-aware than most people. I went to see the doctor a day or so into my last sinus infection, having diagnosed myself. She said I'd gotten in just in time. I guess it's just that I'm hyper sensitive to my sinuses?

Travelling is rough on a voice. I can't even imagine what the boys have to deal with on tour.

And just a thought - partying and staying up all night all the time can't reallly be all that great for one's health, singer or no.

But yeah, Poor Damian.

Thanks for the write-up, Sheri!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 27 2006, 07:48 PM)
    Yeah, I worded it funny up there, I guess--the hat wasn't actually for Mike; it was originally for Damian or whoever I could have gotten it near onstage, and then I just decided to make it a communal band gift with the candy.

I got the first time. I just got carried away with the image that's all. haha.
  • Thanks for the great recap sheri !!! You are so lucky to be able to attend so many OK Go shows.
    QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 27 2006, 06:22 PM)
    And THEN, after the dance and their bow, when they were walking off-stage, he pointed at me, did the "OK" thing, and point/waved. This time, I was recording them and watching the screen on my camera instead of actually looking at them, and I couldn't quite tell where he was pointing, because my perception was off, holding the camera above me and looking at it, but right away, Mandy was like, "Did you see that?" And I've since watched it, and yeah, I'm 99.99999% sure he was doing it at me. smile.gif

Now, if anyone else there feels/knows he was actually doing it at them, please speak up so I don't keep looking like a jackass here. lol

Don't worry, I'm sure he was looking right at you.

QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 27 2006, 06:22 PM)
    Btw, I'm surprised no one's commented on Andy's hair in the pic above. Maybe it's hard to tell if you didn't see it in person, but his hair's all up in the air! LOL!

Ha ha. I didn't see it at first but now I can kind of see it. was it like that the whole time or was he jumping at the time? either way he looks totally hot!
  • I'd prefer to make a better comment addressing specifics of your recap - I find that more satisfying and thorough. Because I'm a weirdo ^^() - but I have to jet out in a minute here, so I'll make this brief... First off, I loved your write-up. I'd much rather have something in depth and detailed than just the standard abbreviated/ vague version. It sort of makes me feel like I was there smile.gif So I say don't worry about the length - I, myself, totally enjoyed it! I think my favorite part was about the sign - that was so funny/ awesome. I definitely do the same thing (the results - always hysterical)!! And all that Damian/ Sheri eye contact. Whoo! INTENSE. That's incredibly cool biggrin.gif Let's face it, he wants your bod laugh.gif Good stuff.

Second: Oooooh my God!!! I laughed so hard after seeing those pictures of Andy laugh.gif laugh.gif What fantastic shots! You've got some mad skillz. Hahaha. Thanks so much for posting those. Awww, I heart him so much happy.gif

...Must. Go. Must pry myself away from boards...
  • Sheri, you're fantastic at capturing the moment in your photos. My fav pic is the one that looks like Andy is washing his hair. Too cute! Thanks for sharing biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 28 2006, 08:32 PM)
    About shows, I feel like I haven't been to many compared to a lot of people, like people in Texas or on the East Coast.

heh.

heh.

*shuts up*

yeah, so anyways, it sounded like a bunch of fun! thanks for sharing everything...

that sign is really really funny... I'm prolly gonna start singing it like that now. make people think those are the lyrics, haha.

and yay for damian moments! that bit at the end of the video definitely seems like he was pointing it in your direction... if not at you, then close. and what with the sign and the singing and all, I'd say its a fair bet that was at you.

and, yeah, the andy pics = too adorable. <3
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 28 2006, 05:32 PM)
    I feel kind of stupid for writing something so ridiculously long.

My OK Go write-ups are pretty long too. My friends always complain about how it'll take them hours to read, but they're more interesting if you put in all the little details.

The pictures are awesome too. Dan has such a deer in the headlights thing going and Andy should be in shampoo ads.
  • Oh dear, those pictures of Andy are hilarious! biggrin.gif Thanks for sharing the pictures and for doing a great recap Sheri! smile.gif
  • One of my friends was at that show! He looks like someone in this photo. The obnoxiously tall one!

QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 28 2006, 05:32 PM)
    Cell phone people during "Oh Lately" biggrin.gif
    *whispers, "This is the second verse!"*
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 28 2006, 07:32 PM)
    Cell phone people during "Oh Lately" biggrin.gif
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/ddl...phonessmall.jpg
    *whispers, "This is the second verse!"*

that was fun. when everyone pulled theirs out, andy nodded his head in approval, B) . haha. i liked what damian said before this (it actually turned out on my recording. which, btw, it turns out i left my sync cable at home, so... i don't have a way of getting them for another 3 weeks dry.gif ) it was like "and we know that all of you are good, honest, solid drug-taking people, so you've got your lighters with you BUT, it's not the generation of lighters anymore [something about parents standing 5 rows from the back or something like that]. but, i know all y'all motherfuckers have your cellphones with you." laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 28 2006, 08:22 PM)
    HAHAHA Oh my God, I love you till the end of time.
    I think that's my new signature. laugh.gif wub.gif laugh.gif

Life Mission: Complete. I've been immortalized in signature form (at least, you know, until you decide to change your sig XD ). [glee]

Hahaha. Why thank you biggrin.gif I feel so speshful.

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 29 2006, 04:02 AM)
    The pictures are awesome too. Dan has such a deer in the headlights thing going and Andy should be in shampoo ads.

Andy in shampoo ads = my virginity swiftly sailing out the window. blink.gif huh.gif Somehow that makes sense.

And I love Dan's picture, too. He kinda looks like he's about to cry...maybe...? Priceless, nonetheless.