In this Discussion

Some live MP3s from November 2006

edited November -1 in OK Go
I'm not sure how long these will be available online:

http://berkeleyplace.blogspot.com/2006/12/ok-go-live.html

Comments

• nice. i'll mirror them for this guy soon... seems like he has a tough time finding bandwidth.
  • holy shit how good are these?
  • whoa, really old school. Thanks for the links!!
  • (Regarding "Don't Ask Me" live)

*cough* "I broke my foot so I have to sit down tonight, I'm sorry. *cough* Um, I promise we'll try not to suck."

Fabulous. smile.gif Does anyone know exactly what concert these are from?
  • under album it says 11.25.06. so i guess thats when it was.
  • I'm having trouble d/l HIGA - anyone else having the same problem?
  • QUOTE (Morrigan @ Dec 7 2006, 03:58 PM)
    I'm having trouble d/l HIGA - anyone else having the same problem?

the problem you are having is *probably* because HIGA was not posted rolleyes.gif
  • ackk, I'm an idiot... I mean "you're so damn hot" cool.gif
  • yeah, his host must have removed it for some reason... if i ever get it ill post it too. i tried manually finding it by typing in permutations of the URL but i couldnt find it still.
  • thanks! I hope he'll repost it soon.... smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Yaemes (Biggest fan in ATL) @ Dec 7 2006, 02:57 PM)
    under album it says 11.25.06. so i guess thats when it was.

I haven't listened, but there's no way that's when they're from. He broke his foot in early '03, I think, and apart from that, they don't do half those songs live anymore, for the most part. (And there was no show on 11/25/06. I imagine that's the day he posted them or something.)

Hope I didn't sound like a jerk the way I worded that! unsure.gif Didn't mean to!

Thanks for posting these!!
  • Yeah, no you're right haha, that's why I said old-school. That was back in the t-shirt days also....aww, why didn't they come to dc when I could go back in the day?
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Dec 7 2006, 06:34 PM)
    I haven't listened, but there's no way that's when they're from. He broke his foot in early '03, I think, and apart from that, they don't do half those songs live anymore, for the most part. (And there was no show on 11/25/06. I imagine that's the day he posted them or something.)

Hope I didn't sound like a jerk the way I worded that! unsure.gif Didn't mean to!

nah u didnt seem like a jerk at all smile.gif

the guy's website says theyre from november 2006. but that appears to be wrong. and im not being much help so ill just shutup and host files like i know i should. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Yaemes (Biggest fan in ATL) @ Dec 7 2006, 05:22 PM)
    the guy's website says theyre from november 2006. but that appears to be wrong. and im not being much help so ill just shutup and host files like i know i should. tongue.gif

Maybe he put the wrong year?
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Dec 7 2006, 06:34 PM)

THAT is why I asked. Because all of those songs, coincidentally, are from their first album. Not that OK Go wouldn't just play songs from their self-titled and leave out Oh No (pfffft. ha.), but it was way too easily heard (without screaming/clapping/etc. noise in the background), plus Damian sounded a little different, plus he said he had a broken foot, plus there is NO way Damian would ever consider himself having the possibility to suck now-a-days *grin*, and, I iterate, it is REALLY good quality sound. ;D I also don't remember "Jessie's Girl" being played at any gig on this leg of their tour.

Anyway, I didn't think they were recent. But maybe that's just me. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Dec 7 2006, 07:34 PM)

Ah yes, the "I'm so cool, I'm going to jump off a speaker and break my foot" episode. Ah, the good ol' days.

Another point contributing to this time era: You can hear two distinct guitars aside from the bass, therefore Burleigh's playing(or Ara. Pretty sure it's Burleigh though).