In this Discussion

Sennheiser's 9th Annual Dealer Appreciation Party w/OK Go

edited November -1 in OK Go
Now I'm not suggesting that anybody crash the party, however, this information is already out there in Internet Land and I know quite a few of you are rather crafty so....

http://www.lightingandsoundamerica.com/new...y.asp?ID=5QLJO4

Sennheiser's 9th Annual Dealer Appreciation Party is the not-to-be-missed blowout event of the 2007 NAMM Show.

Located a short walk from the Convention Center in the Downtown Disney District of Disneyland, HOB Anaheim will be the only place to be on the evening of Friday, January 19th.

First on the bill is OK GO, a band whose worthy indie heart in their latest offering, Million Ways, Pt. 2 is now broadcast to the world via the muscle of Capitol Records. If charisma alone could steal stars from the sky, OK GO would have quite a pile. And if the ability to write and record infectious songs could place stars back in the sky, OK GO could easily spell their name in the heavens on a moonless night. Their onstage theatrics will be accompanied by rock-solid Sennheiser sound. OK GO use a stage full of Sennheiser Evolution Series wired and wireless microphones along with Sennheiser IEM systems - the very same microphones they tour with.

To attend, just go to the Sennheiser Booth #6579 and ask one of the sales reps for an invitation. The party starts at 7:00 p.m. Friday, January 19th to 11:00 p.m. at The House of Blues, 1530 South Disneyland Drive, for complimentary food, cocktails, and entertainment. From the Convention Center, it's only a ten-minute "zip-a-dee-doo-dah" walk, a $5 cab ride, or a $3 Disney shuttle ride round trip (purchase tix in advance via your hotel).

Comments

• so close to me, yet i can't go sad.gif
  • so can anyone go??? rolleyes.gif
  • where is the booth? at downtown disney? sorry
  • QUOTE (rt802 @ Dec 19 2006, 08:19 PM)
    where is the booth? at downtown disney? sorry

The Anaheim Convention Center
    http://www.thenammshow.com/

Uh oh, it says that if you register before Dec 8, it's free. After that, it's $25 to get in. Whoops, sorry about the late notice. I didn't know OK Go would be involved. Really.
  • wow that part where it says "TRADE ONLY NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC" makes me want grow up and work for a music business so i can get in.. haha.. o well another thing on the list where i'm so close but yet so far? sleep.gif
  • QUOTE (rt802 @ Dec 20 2006, 12:49 AM)
    wow that part where it says "TRADE ONLY NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC" makes me want grow up and work for a music business so i can get in.. haha.. o well another thing on the list where i'm so close but yet so far? sleep.gif

That? So... does this mean that if you're not an artist, you don't get to go?? Us locals have been getting our hopes up about this... *sobs* I kept trying to figure out how we can get in, and you pointed it out awhile ago.

But... what if we start a band NOW?! Will that qualify us?? ^^
  • *cough* We crashed the party *cough* and we got called out on it too by Damian. It was a really great concert and if I ever open up a music store I will stock it full of Sennheiser products.
  • omg ur so lucky you got to go!! so awesome!
  • Thanks to this night my mom doesn't hate Andy anymore! She said nasty things about him because of how many times I had the chance to meet him, and I never did.

This time, I didn't let him run away, when I saw him I shouted his name, and he told me he was in a hurry and would be back out. I thought for sure this would end up being another story I told my mom that would put more hate into her soul resulting in insults such as, "he isn't a real part of this band!" But no! He came back out! The first thing that came out of my stupid stupid mouth was, "You're the only one I haven't met!"

Ah, what an ass I made of myself. But it was nice, and he was EXTREMELEY nice. And my mom loves him now!
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Jan 21 2007, 09:13 PM)
    Thanks to this night my mom doesn't hate Andy anymore! She said nasty things about him because of how many times I had the chance to meet him, and I never did.

This time, I didn't let him run away, when I saw him I shouted his name, and he told me he was in a hurry and would be back out. I thought for sure this would end up being another story I told my mom that would put more hate into her soul resulting in insults such as, "he isn't a real part of this band!" But no! He came back out! The first thing that came out of my stupid stupid mouth was, "You're the only one I haven't met!"

Ah, what an ass I made of myself. But it was nice, and he was EXTREMELEY nice. And my mom loves him now!

How could your mom hate Andy!? He is sooooo cute! I'm so glad you finally met him though.....did he tell you all about his secret FBI missions or is that still top secret?
  • omg u met them??? im like uber jealous now!!!! i wish i could have gone =/
  • Here is a picture of Damian calling us out. Its a little blurry but it was a funny moment.
  • You guys are so amazingly awesome. I can't wait to hear more about this.
  • wait what do you mean calling you out? sorry i'm confused.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Jan 21 2007, 11:50 PM)
    *cough* We crashed the party *cough* and we got called out on it too by Damian.

LOL, awesome! I was thinking about this show on Friday wondering if anyone was going to attempt that. If it were closer to where I lived, I admittedly would have done the same thing. I'd love to hear details!

EDIT:
    Found this picture online from someone who attended the show and got to meet other musicians.

QUOTE (rt802 @ Jan 22 2007, 04:58 AM)
    wait what do you mean calling you out? sorry i'm confused.

I think she means that he pointed them out as not being industry people and that they weren't supposed to be there. tongue.gif

2nd EDIT:
    So you don't have to type all the details again, I'll just post a link to the shared post. That was true perseverance!
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=220450500

(High School Musical rocks! Can't wait for 2! tongue.gif)
  • Yes he pointed to us girls in the front row and said you guys arent part of the NAMM conference. It was really funny.
  • I do believe "Crash the Party" should be you guy's theme song now. hehehe laugh.gif

Did you get tons of free handouts and stuff too?
  • Noooooooo!! I was hoping I would somehow be able to attend this show even though it's not open to the public, so I emailed Milosh a couple weeks ago but he said that there wasn't anything they could do to help. I guess that's just what I get for giving up too easily.

Glad you girls were able to go though! Looks like you all had fun! laugh.gif

(heyyy, my first post on these boards. heh.)
  • It's not word for word and I was caught a little off guard, but he said something along the lines that we didn't look like Sennheiser's people. We were just avid OK Go fans who sunk the fuck in. And then he became a sales person and demonstrated how amazing he sounded in the microphone. After he said that he pulled the microphone away from his mouth and shouted in a very raspy voice to us is that this is how he normally sounds without the help of the Sennheiser's microphone. Then he told us if we ever opened a music store to stock it full of their products. It was amazing.
    [/quote]
    2nd EDIT:
    So you don't have to type all the details again, I'll just post a link to the shared post. That was true perseverance!
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=220450500

(High School Musical rocks! Can't wait for 2! tongue.gif)
    [/quote]

Thanks for posting that. Part two is coming soon.

QUOTE (Kikky @ Jan 22 2007, 09:39 AM)
    I do believe "Crash the Party" should be you guy's theme song now. hehehe laugh.gif

Did you get tons of free handouts and stuff too?

We got a pretty sweet hat and some drinks.

QUOTE (oknat @ Jan 22 2007, 10:08 AM)
    Noooooooo!! I was hoping I would somehow be able to attend this show even though it's not open to the public, so I emailed Milosh a couple weeks ago but he said that there wasn't anything they could do to help. I guess that's just what I get for giving up too easily.

Glad you girls were able to go though! Looks like you all had fun! laugh.gif

(heyyy, my first post on these boards. heh.)

Welcome to the boards! We like to say, metaphorically speaking, that we have grown balls with our many OK Go adventures. If this was our first one we may have given up, but we decided what the heck we've done it before.
  • As per usual, I'm so incredibly impressed with you guys and your "pluck". It's good to know that there are people who go to further lengths than I would! LOL!!!