In this Discussion

A little old

edited November -1 in OK Go
I'm not too sure how I managed to stumble across this, but I did. It's pretty old, dating September 30, 2002, but I thought it was funny and interesting, so I decided to share it. I searched to see if it was posted previously, and didn't find anything, but I must admit I didn't search too hard. So if it has been already, go easy on me.

http://www.popgurls.com/article_show.php3?id=279

Comments

• Thanks for posting this interview, Tabatha. I've seen it before, but I don't know if it's been referenced on this board before. And it was great to see it again.

Don't be afraid to post a cool article!
  • I'm not afraid to post, really just really hate those, "this has been posted before, try the search feature, blah blah" type of things.
  • QUOTE (From the article...)
    http://www.popgurls.com/article_show.php3?id=279

3. Do you practice any choreography for your shows? What *NSYNC move would you love to add to your repetoire?

*NSYNC moves are far too subtle for us. If you rent Best Of TRL videos with intent to steal their moves (which we have done), you will be sadly disappointed (which we were) when you realize that all they really do is make small, precisely-synchronized (in synch, if you will) movements. Mostly with their hands, and mostly in circles. When we choreograph we like to swing for the fences a little more. Human pyramids, sliding through one another's legs, riding each other like horses - we find these moves require less training or practice, and are more exciting to behold.

Gee, he wasn't kidding back then, was he?

tongue.gif

EDIT: Oh, I just finished reading that Q&A. He was talking about C-C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips! Though to me, it still sounds like AMW all the way to HIGA. I guess they never forgot their core values.
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Jan 3 2007, 05:58 AM)
    I'm not afraid to post, really just really hate those, "this has been posted before, try the search feature, blah blah" type of things.

I completely understand. And thanks for the post! happy.gif

I'm going to be a real lamer and piggyback off your thread. ohmy.gif There was another old post (Nov 2, '06) I wanted to share here a few months ago when the discussion of Damian not being nice was on top of the discussion list. I meant to post a quote from Tim from this article, but forgot, and the moment was lost and it really doesn't make sense to give it its own thread 2 months later since it's not as amusing as your find.

http://www.californiaaggie.com/home/index....bc-a15d4ee34be9

Q: Do you think fame has changed you?

Tim: It's made us more exhausted at times…. I can't really say it's changed any of us all that much…. We are the same apples as before, [and] we've always been kind of dicks; I don't think we've gotten worse.

Q: What are your plans after the tour?

T: That's a good question. Our tour basically goes through New Year's and then I don't know…. We may be putting out another single in January [yeah, right dry.gif ], and if we don't do that we'll get going on our third record [again...yeah, right tongue.gif ].
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jan 3 2007, 12:18 PM)
    I completely understand. And thanks for the post! happy.gif

I'm going to be a real lamer and piggyback off your thread. ohmy.gif There was another old post (Nov 2, '06) I wanted to share here a few months ago when the discussion of Damian not being nice was on top of the discussion list. I meant to post a quote from Tim from this article, but forgot, and the moment was lost and it really doesn't make sense to give it its own thread 2 months later since it's not as amusing as your find.

http://www.californiaaggie.com/home/index....bc-a15d4ee34be9

Q: Do you think fame has changed you?

Tim: It's made us more exhausted at times…. I can't really say it's changed any of us all that much…. We are the same apples as before, [and] we've always been kind of dicks; I don't think we've gotten worse.

Q: What are your plans after the tour?

T: That's a good question. Our tour basically goes through New Year's and then I don't know…. We may be putting out another single in January [yeah, right dry.gif ], and if we don't do that we'll get going on our third record [again...yeah, right tongue.gif ].

I was just going to quote the same part of the interview! eheh
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Jan 3 2007, 10:58 AM)
    I'm not afraid to post, really just really hate those, "this has been posted before, try the search feature, blah blah" type of things.

It was nice to re-read that inbterview biggrin.gif
    don't worry about those stuff...it happends to all of us...and thanks for sharing wink.gif
  • http://www-tech.mit.edu/V123/N22/OKGO.22a.html
    I just found this one too, not sure if anyone's seen it before.
    They do spell Damian with an e.
  • I love love loved the popgurls interview when I read it! It was in OKGo's wikipedia article huh smile.gif Man, talk about cuteness.

I re-read this and I swear, the sun broke through the clouds and had a rainbow dancing around it. The birds suddenly found new air in their lungs and sung their hearts out, and a butterfly landed on my shoulder.

Well, actually, the experience above happens everytime I think about Damian smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Jan 3 2007, 05:39 AM)

Holy crap! Does Damian actually use the word "u tilize" here? Unless they misquoted him, which is possible, but the tone and style of the other answers suggest that he wrote these and turned them in, almost like a homework assignment. I REALLY don't want to start an argument - and I believe he himself has said it only bothers him when people use the word to sound pompous. He's not being pompous here, just lazy. I can forgive him that. This once. <snark> tongue.gif

1. Do you think a secret agent can survive with only a sassy roundhouse kick alone? What would you suggest she have in her arsenal?

For a secret agent to survive, her roundhouse kick must be anything but sassy. Sassy gets you noticed, sassy raises suspicions, sassy gets you caught. A truly exceptional secret agent must be intelligent, brave, witty, and fine-smelling. A truly exceptional secret agent must be able to blend in yet stand apart, must be fluid and translucent, must be flexible yet firm. To be successful, she must be able to commandeer any vehicle, u tilize[<-here's the word, space added so Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore's filter doesn't get it] any weapon, sit through any movie. She must have gumption, and she must, above all else, be really, really persnickety.
  • Haha, yeah, we had a huge discussion about that when the whole use/youknowwhat battle first went down. I think you're right about the only using it to be pompous thing.
  • I couldn't resist the teasing, because I'm as much a writing and grammar snob as anybody, including our Damian.