In this Discussion

Let me introduce myself

2»

Comments

• QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Feb 15 2007, 02:50 AM)
    hi hi hi

nice to meet ya.
    its cool that u know portuguese and german. i really want to learn both of those languages and a lot more (i only know english and spanish). im taking german classes right now, but i dont know where to take portuguese ones. and ur a translator! i've thought of becoming one of those, but my heart belongs to the medical field. haha

me and Renata will teach you portuguese if you'd like to eheh
    My heart also belongs to that field and others more related to science. Are you graduating in medicine?
  • QUOTE (Renata N. @ Feb 15 2007, 11:12 AM)
    Don't worry, I'm used to some crazy message boards happy.gif
    That's interesting, have you ever gone to Portugal? I hear it's beautiful there

Yes, it's a humangous and crazy city, but I love in here. You know, I think Portuguese from Portugal is really cool, it always amuses me
    I also know french, I reallylove learning new languages, no wonder I became a translator, you said you wanted to become one, but you belong to the medical field, well, you can do just like me and translate medical stuff biggrin.gif

And to everyone else, thanks again for welcoming me, and on complimenting me on my English

Yes Portugal is beautifull but it's rather tinny...compared to São Paulo at least. Your city has more people then my COUNTRY! It's a little risiculous this comparison but it's true...

Wow do you translate medical stuff?That's so cool!
  • QUOTE (Renata N. @ Feb 15 2007, 12:12 PM)

No, I haven't been yet, but sometime soon! I was going to be there in like, a week, but my parents wanted me to come home for the week break, so I'm going back to the US. Only find out that my dad really wanted to go to Portugal instead...dry.gif. Oy.

Et tu parles francais aussi??? Mon Dieu. I have language envy.
  • QUOTE (Renata N. @ Feb 15 2007, 11:12 AM)
    Don't worry, I'm used to some crazy message boards happy.gif

Yes, it's a humangous and crazy city, but I love in here. You know, I think Portuguese from Portugal is really cool, it always amuses me
    I also know french, I reallylove learning new languages, no wonder I became a translator, you said you wanted to become one, but you belong to the medical field, well, you can do just like me and translate medical stuff biggrin.gif

hahaha, yeah..that'd be cool...i wanna do a lot of things though. so i'll probably give it a try.

QUOTE (m_I_a @ Feb 15 2007, 05:12 PM)
    me and Renata will teach you portuguese if you'd like to eheh
    My heart also belongs to that field and others more related to science. Are you graduating in medicine?

hahaha, that would be awesome!!!! did any of u guys ever watch this soap opera about a clone??? but i think it was from brazil, not portugal. im sry, thats a bit random, but i saw it in spanish (it was translated from portuguese) and it was the best thing ever!!!
    and im still in high school, but yeah i plan to become an eye surgeon (idk the correct word for that...optometrist or opthamologist..idk) i still have like 30 more years of school smile.gif
    Yes Portugal is beautifull but it's rather tinny...compared to São Paulo at least. Your city has more people then my COUNTRY! It's a little risiculous this comparison but it's true...
    Yes there's a lot of people here, but it's a big country as well, so I think is ok...

Wow do you translate medical stuff?That's so cool!

That's what I like the most, I do other stuff, but medical stuff is the coolest... You can even guess which is my favorite TV show right now wink.gif

Et tu parles francais aussi??? Mon Dieu. I have language envy.
    Oh don't, please, I don't even like French

did any of u guys ever watch this soap opera about a clone??? but i think it was from brazil, not portugal. im sry, thats a bit random, but i saw it in spanish (it was translated from portuguese) and it was the best thing ever!!!

Oh my Lord!!! Seriously, Clone was a soap from brazil, it was released a few weeks before I left to the US, I never saw all of it, but I know there was somehting about cloning, and drugs
  • And jedi, don't get me wrong with the French part, it's just that I had a really hard time with French, and basically all of my French teachers were horrible people sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Feb 16 2007, 06:42 PM)
    hahaha, that would be awesome!!!! did any of u guys ever watch this soap opera about a clone??? but i think it was from brazil, not portugal. im sry, thats a bit random, but i saw it in spanish (it was translated from portuguese) and it was the best thing ever!!!
    and im still in high school, but yeah i plan to become an eye surgeon (idk the correct word for that...optometrist or opthamologist..idk) i still have like 30 more years of school smile.gif

OMG!!"o clone"!That brazilian soap was like a HUGE sucess here in Portugal too!
    Everyone went to the gym next door asking if they had belly dance lessons!It was on air like 6 years ago over here (right Renata?because soaps are aired sort of at the same tiome here and in Brazil because portuguese are just fanatic for brazilian soaps).

Wow eye surgeon??that's awesome!I hope that you can make it! (it sound like a very interesting graduation, yet complicated...)
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 15 2007, 10:28 PM)
    No, I haven't been yet, but sometime soon! I was going to be there in like, a week, but my parents wanted me to come home for the week break, so I'm going back to the US. Only find out that my dad really wanted to go to Portugal instead...dry.gif. Oy.

Are you comming Katy??
    If you come to this side of Portugal, I have to take you to see some stuff over here!!XD

Oh and by the way, have you managed to convince ok go to come here? (eheh hope is the last to die...)
  • QUOTE (Renata N. @ Feb 18 2007, 01:10 PM)
    Yes there's a lot of people here, but it's a big country as well, so I think is ok...
    That's what I like the most, I do other stuff, but medical stuff is the coolest... You can even guess which is my favorite TV show right now wink.gif
    Oh my Lord!!! Seriously, Clone was a soap from brazil, it was released a few weeks before I left to the US, I never saw all of it, but I know there was somehting about cloning, and drugs

And bellydancers...

I'm betting that your favourite TV show is House M.D. or maybe Grey's Anatomy?
    Everyone went to the gym next door asking if they had belly dance lessons!It was on air like 6 years ago over here (right Renata?because soaps are aired sort of at the same tiome here and in Brazil because portuguese are just fanatic for brazilian soaps).
    LOL. Yeah that's the soap, the belly dancing thing was a hit here too, everyone wanted to look like Jade. It was more or less 6 years, you are right, I just didn't know that you guys get the soaps almost at the same time, I know that GLobo which is the channel responsible for 95% of the soaps changed the ending of some soaps for international viewers.

I'm betting that your favourite TV show is House M.D. or maybe Grey's Anatomy?

I would say House for sure happy.gif
  • QUOTE (Renata N. @ Feb 18 2007, 01:10 PM)

Oh don't, please, I don't even like French

QUOTE (m_I_a @ Feb 18 2007, 03:27 PM)

Wow eye surgeon??that's awesome!I hope that you can make it! (it sound like a very interesting graduation, yet complicated...)

HAHA!!! yeah, I loved that soap!!!! its the best i have ever seen. Luccas (dont know if that's what he was called in portuguese) was sexy, hehehe. I loved all of them!!
    Oh, and since i really like the eye and stuff i dont think that it will be that complicated. (i hope!)
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Feb 18 2007, 11:49 PM)
    HAHA!!! yeah, I loved that soap!!!! its the best i have ever seen. Luccas (dont know if that's what he was called in portuguese) was sexy, hehehe. I loved all of them!!
    Oh, and since i really like the eye and stuff i dont think that it will be that complicated. (i hope!)

So you like Murilo Benício (that's the name of the guy who played Lucas. Have you seen the movie "Sabor da Paixão" or "woman on top" in english?he was on that movie with Penélope Cruz).

It's so much better to listen to it in portuguese...eheh
  • QUOTE (Renata N. @ Feb 18 2007, 05:18 PM)
    LOL. Yeah that's the soap, the belly dancing thing was a hit here too, everyone wanted to look like Jade. It was more or less 6 years, you are right, I just didn't know that you guys get the soaps almost at the same time, I know that GLobo which is the channel responsible for 95% of the soaps changed the ending of some soaps for international viewers.
    I would say House for sure happy.gif

Yeah we are the major clients for Globo... Usually soaps only have a month of delay to Brazil. The favourite enternainment piece of the people that live for soaps is to find out how did it end in Brazil
    But I have to say that y favourite soap ever must be "Chocolate com pimenta" ("chocolat with peper" in english). Have you seen that one?
    And the funny thing was that Murilo Benício was on that one too...LOL
  • Mutilo Benicio is a fine actor, specially doing comedy. Sabor de Paixão or Woman on Top is a really bad movie, no wonder since it has Penelope Cruz, I just can't stand her. Actually we do have some fine actors here, did you know that Rodrigo Santoro started in the Sopas?

I try not to watch soaps but I always end up doing. Globo has 3 special hours for soaps at night, each one with a special audiance and topics, and also a rerun hour in the afternoons, Chocolate com Pimenta is the one being reruned, now, I didn't get to see it because it was the one for the 6 PM hour, and I only get home around 6:30, so I never really watched, just saw bits of it, but it must be really nice since it has Drika Moraes in it, and she is hilarious. The only 6 o'clock soap I watched was O Cravo e a Rosa.