In this Discussion

They got over it

edited November -1 in OK Go
The dance. No more A Million Ways after shows. It's true sad.gif My friends and I were sure to voice after the show how sad it was not to see the dance, and Dan told us they were "kind of over the dance now". If anyone this tour gets it, then you are very lucky indeed. Please inform us all!

Just thought I'd let you all know sad.gif

Comments

• Thanks for the info!
    It's kind of weird. Like you just expect it, but their shows will be amazing no matter what.
    Do you think they will replace it with something new?
  • Oh now I just feel worse about not being able to go to KOKO.. although I guess at least I saw them in September sad.gif
  • Aw. I won't get to see it, then. Poo.

I can sympathize though. They must be so sick of that dance by now... they've been doing it how long, since early 2005?
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Feb 27 2007, 05:28 PM)
    They must be so sick of that dance by now...

Yea, they must be.
    I'm so happy I got to see it while they still did it!!
    Does anyone know what was the last show they did it at?
  • Cha, they've been doing it for quote awhile now. But you could always say the same thing about their songs, right? Performing the same ones night after night must get a little boring for them. Obviously they can't do anything about that, lol. But still. The dance was sort of a part of their show. Just like their songs, I feel like they can't just suddenly stop doing the dance... That was such a good way to end the show. I suppose I'm a little sour as well because I only got to see it once before. But yeah, no more dance. I hope they do find something interesting to fill that void...
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 27 2007, 02:43 PM)
    Does anyone know what was the last show they did it at?

I'd imagine it was their last show over in the UK. You'd think if they hadn't done it over there then we would have heard something from someone... Last night was the first night of this new tour with SP, so it's kind of a good time for them to reform their show. I just wish they'd done it some other way sad.gif
  • Yeah they did the dance at KoKo. Man.. I'd have thought they'd've given us warning or something....

I know they'll be amazing even without the dance, but it's kind of a part of their shows now. I'm gonna miss it. No more Damian stripper move or Dan crotch grab. Damn.
  • Well, maybe if enough people mention their great sadness over the loss of the dance when meeting the boys after shows, they'll consider bringing it back. Or at least doing something else =/
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 27 2007, 06:11 PM)
    Yeah they did the dance at KoKo. Man.. I'd have thought they'd've given us warning or something....

I know they'll be amazing even without the dance, but it's kind of a part of their shows now. I'm gonna miss it. No more Damian stripper move or Dan crotch grab. Damn.

Wow. I forgot that that part would be gone too. Wow. I feel like I just lost something really important. Wow. And no more seeing what Andy and Dan will end up doing. Wow.
    Either way though, their shows will still be awesome.

QUOTE (Ushies @ Feb 27 2007, 06:44 PM)
    Well, maybe if enough people mention their great sadness over the loss of the dance when meeting the boys after shows, they'll consider bringing it back. Or at least doing something else =/

Maybe!!
    I would think they would replace it. Did they replace the dance for Cinnamon Lips with the one for A Million Ways right away, or was there a break in between?
  • What a pity, but hey, at least they're still playing music.
  • Maybe they're big enough to start transporting 8 treadmills with them everywhere??? tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 27 2007, 04:01 PM)
    Maybe they're big enough to start transporting 8 treadmills with them everywhere??? tongue.gif

I imagine this will just give them room to create some new awesome-ness which will amaze and astound. I imagine OK Go are like kittens that way. Just when you think that's the most captivating laugh-out-loud happiness inducing thing you've ever seen, they do some new cavortishness that takes your breath away all over again.

(oh yea, and they rock too; but in my mind, in all these interviews, Damian keeps saying "it's the music" and I agree that it is the music but that isn't ALL it is. That said, guys, I don't know why you're touring so hard but if it is because you think your following will melt away if you get off the road -- that's NOT true. Give yourselves a break, a chance to play and create new music; we'll wait. imho.)
  • I'm not too sad, although the dance is amazing live and trying to catch what Dan and Andy do, counting how many time Damian falls, not being able to chose what to watch, Damian's stripper move or Dan's crotch grab, is really fun, but it's time for them to move on.

That being said, I'm only really okay with it because I finally got a picture of Damian doing his nice little stripper move and can look at it any time I want. *drools*
  • QUOTE (keaton @ Feb 27 2007, 07:08 PM)
    I imagine this will just give them room to create some new awesome-ness which will amaze and astound. I imagine OK Go are like kittens that way. Just when you think that's the most captivating laugh-out-loud happiness inducing thing you've ever seen, they do some new cavortishness that takes your breath away all over again.

Lol, that's such a cute comparison! And it's so true. tongue.gif We've gotten so used to the AMW's dance, it almost feels apart of them. Yeah, they're probably working on something new and enjoyable.

BTW, Ushies, did you have a good time at the show? smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 27 2007, 06:59 PM)
    BTW, Ushies, did you have a good time at the show? smile.gif

I want to know too! Especially since my show is in two days.

I'm not that sad about the dance because I've seen them do AMW many times. If it means that they can shove another song in its place, then I'm happy. But I do feel bad for the newer fans that might not have seen it live yet.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 27 2007, 07:11 PM)

Hey I'll be there too! You'll know me. I'm the old fogey with the crazed look in her eyes laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (keaton @ Feb 27 2007, 07:18 PM)
    Hey I'll be there too! You'll know me. I'm the old fogey with the crazed look in her eyes laugh.gif

haha. Well, I'm a tiny chinese girl and I'll be wearing a suit with a cameo brooch. You can just go around yelling Kalinda and you'll find me.
  • Maybe thay'll throw the c-c-c-cinamon lips dance in every now and then! I've always wanted to see that one live.
  • we will dance it for them, if they play the song smile.gif
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 27 2007, 07:11 PM)

I'm not that sad about the dance because I've seen them do AMW many times. If it means that they can shove another song in its place, then I'm happy. But I do feel bad for the newer fans that might not have seen it live yet.

QUOTE (keaton @ Feb 27 2007, 07:18 PM)

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 27 2007, 07:22 PM)
    haha. Well, I'm a tiny chinese girl and I'll be wearing a suit with a cameo brooch. You can just go around yelling Kalinda and you'll find me.

I'm gonna be there too! If I find my way that is....

I'll be the shy mexiczn girl, but once OK Go hits the stage, watch out world. I go KA-ray-Z!!!