In this Discussion

They got over it

Comments

• Yes, I had a great time at the show and met them all happy.gif I'll be writing a blog for myspace soon, and I'll pry post it here when I'm done. If not, I'll leave the url at least. Because of Oliver, my friends and I got to meet Snow Patrol (they signed him as well. I'm not too sure how I feel about that because Oliver is the OK Go reindeer, but then SP rocks and I like them greatly. I suppose they've got a connection to OK Go though, so it's ok...). OK Go didn't remember Oliver too well though, lol. I thought they'd instantly know because I mean, how often do you sign and play around with a giant inflatable reindeer? But it was fine. Dan seemed to remember him the most smile.gif
  • sad.gif that's so sad- like leaving behind something that made you smile. Ugh, it's like leaving elementary school.
    I know even better things will come, but we'll always remember those sunshine days of AMW.
  • awwww, well that sucks!!
    the dance always ended the show so wonderfully.
    QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Feb 28 2007, 03:32 AM)
    we will dance it for them, if they play the song smile.gif

hahaha
    Yeah, hopefully this time we can see them actually play the song.
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Feb 27 2007, 05:28 PM)
    I can sympathize though. They must be so sick of that dance by now... they've been doing it how long, since early 2005?

I can say for certain that at the end of March '05 they were still doing the C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips dance.
  • I have faith that they will replace it with something equally if not more fun and quirky.

But hey, no pressure, guys.... wink.gif
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Feb 27 2007, 10:29 PM)
    Maybe thay'll throw the c-c-c-cinamon lips dance in every now and then! I've always wanted to see that one live.

That would be great!
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 28 2007, 04:44 AM)
    That would be great!

The first time I saw them they did the Cinnamon Lips dance and also the Les Mis scene...aaaah, the good old days when the venues were small and the guys just wandered around after the shows and no one mobbed them.....
  • I know, it's so weird to think that they don't even have to convince people to join their mailing list after shows now!
  • QUOTE (Penelope @ Feb 27 2007, 11:56 PM)
    The first time I saw them they did the Cinnamon Lips dance and also the Les Mis scene...aaaah, the good old days when the venues were small and the guys just wandered around after the shows and no one mobbed them.....

Oooh, they did the Les Mis scene at the concert in March of '05 that I went to, too! Although to be fair, the first time I saw them in '03 Damian was TOTALLY mobbed by 16-year-olds. So
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Feb 27 2007, 08:18 PM)
    Yes, I had a great time at the show and met them all happy.gif I'll be writing a blog for myspace soon, and I'll pry post it here when I'm done. If not, I'll leave the url at least. Because of Oliver, my friends and I got to meet Snow Patrol (they signed him as well. I'm not too sure how I feel about that because Oliver is the OK Go reindeer, but then SP rocks and I like them greatly. I suppose they've got a connection to OK Go though, so it's ok...). OK Go didn't remember Oliver too well though, lol. I thought they'd instantly know because I mean, how often do you sign and play around with a giant inflatable reindeer? But it was fine. Dan seemed to remember him the most smile.gif

Do you remember which songs they played? I'm gonna go see them on thursday and I just want to be prepared! biggrin.gif
  • I can confirm that they didn't do the AMW dance tonight in Seattle. I was kinda disappointed since I was looking forward to it. In fact, the whole set seemed rushed and it was over just too damn fast. And in an arena, where most of the crowd was there to see Snow Patrol and lots of them walking around and talking during OK Go's set - Well, the whole experience was actually a bit of a letdown, I'm sorry to say. On the other hand, Damian's voice sounded great, the whole band sounded great.

I don't think I'm going to go to any more concerts in big venues; basically, they suck. mad.gif
  • Oh, one more thing - some people have mentioned that they may be reforming their show. Well, I don't think so. Although I've never seen them live before, they seemed to be doing EXACTLY what everyone has mentioned before. Pretty much the same song order (starting with The House Wins, etc), same videos on the backdrop screen, same ELO cover, same pink tubes blowing all over the place during Do What You Want. And like I said, it all felt very rushed. Several of the songs they were playing just too fast. And no acoustic numbers at all. Maybe I was expecting too much, being as they weren't headlining.
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 27 2007, 10:41 PM)
    Do you remember which songs they played? I'm gonna go see them on thursday and I just want to be prepared! biggrin.gif

The House Wins
    Don't Ask Me
    A Good Idea at the Time
    It's a Disaster
    Oh Lately It's So Quiet
    Get Over It
    Invincible
    Here It Goes Again
    Do What You Want

The order in the middles is relative, but I know for sure that they opened with House and closed with DWYW (because we were disappointed that the pink blow up things didn't go off even though they were sitting on stage) I would need Maura or Emily to confirm, but that's what they played.
    It was short sad.gif and Damian is sick.

I was sad about them not doing the dance, since I've never seen it live, but that's ok. I love them weither they dance or not.

They were all super nice after the show, and I had an awesome time.

Oh and as of last night, Tim said he has no idea when they are recording their new album since they keep getting booked for tours. It may have just been me, but he seems a little annoyed about it and he said he wanted to be recording. And he said he wants to tour with new songs. Hopefully he'll get what he wants soon!
  • Tonight, they didn't do It's A Disaster, but they did do Television Television, with the wallpaper man on the screen (NOT the new video). The rest of the songs were as noted above.

Oh yeah, that's right - They also did that ELO song, Don't Bring Me Down. Toward the end of the set, Damian looked offstage and asked someone if they had time for two more songs, and then they did Don't Bring Me Down and Do What You Want. When he introduced the ELO number, Damian said "Some of you old fucks in the back might remember this one". Yup, lol, that would be me! dry.gif
  • QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Feb 27 2007, 11:13 PM)
    Tonight, they didn't do It's A Disaster, but they did do Television Television, with the wallpaper man on the screen (NOT the new video). The rest of the songs were as noted above.

How was your show? Was Damian looking better?
  • Damian didn't seem to be sick at all. His voice was great, he was playing with the audience, and jumping all over the place. But I didn't try to meet them or anything like that. Actually, I wouldn't even know how to go about doing that. What do you do - Just hang out by one of the exits (which one?) and hope they might show up?

Oh, btw, I really liked Silversun Pickups. They need to polish up their act a bit, but they've got a great sound.
  • QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Feb 27 2007, 11:26 PM)
    Damian didn't seem to be sick at all. His voice was great, he was playing with the audience, and jumping all over the place. But I didn't try to meet them or anything like that. Actually, I wouldn't even know how to go about doing that. What do you do - Just hang out by one of the exits (which one?) and hope they might show up?
    Oh, btw, I really liked Silversun Pickups. They need to polish up their act a bit, but they've got a great sound.

Yeah, he seemed fine when he was singing and jumping around and stuff, but in between songs he would like go and blow his nose and a few times he like spit on the stage.. I don't know if it was intentional or whatever.. then when we saw him after he sounded a bit funny and was like "I'm sick, so don't let me get you sick" and was drinking what he called "a cup of almost pure ginger." it smelled really...gingery.

We just hung outside the gate where the tour busses were parked. Before the show we had a bunch of stuff to give them, like cakes and stuff, so I went and talked to one of the security guards and he went and found out which tour bus theirs was. One of the roadies came out and talked to us and told us that they may come out before the show or they may not. So instead of just giving the stuff to him, we took our chances and just waited to see if they would come out. Andy came out, but he went and got into a car and left. A little while later, Dan came out and he talked to us and took our stuff very graciously and promised to come out after the show. So after the show we went back to where we were and eventually they filed out one by one and talked to us. Snow Patrol actually came out before most of OK Go and they were driving their van out of the gate we were standing by and they like stoppen in the middle of they way and jumped out and was like "IS THAT A REINDEER?!" (in their amazing Irish accents...) It was great. (other than the mean people who were in their 30's who probably had no idea what the band member's names were who threatened to pop Oliver.... but they left before Snow Patrol or OK Go came out) But we talked to Damian and Tim for quite a while. Soo cool.

I liked Silversun Pickups too. We talked to the lead singer because he was with Dan and he was funny. I like their female bassist.. I think her name was Nikky?
  • I am taking my friend Kim to the show in St. Louis.
    I have never seen her cry.
    This very well may do the trick.
    Way to make a high school English teacher cry, guys. Nice. Really nice. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Feb 27 2007, 02:48 PM)
    Last night was the first night of this new tour with SP, so it's kind of a good time for them to reform their show. I just wish they'd done it some other way sad.gif

Aww. It's sad to hear that. It's been part of their show for a couple years now and you kind of expect it as a finale. But since it's a new tour with SP, they probably didn't want to show them up with their awesome dance moves! tongue.gif laugh.gif JK.

It's off to bigger and better shows, hopefully. And more headlining once they get into the recording studio and make their new album. I am disappointed about the short set list with SP but they aren't headlining so what do I expect... Like I said, they don't want to show up SP. JK. But not really. tongue.gif

R.I.P. AMW Dance
    We will miss you dearly.
  • anyone going to the show on friday and know of a way to meet the guys? i have never been to gibson amphitheatre before - so i dont know where the back entrance is, where the tour buses would be etc... so uhh HELP!!! i really want to meet them so bad! thanks!