In this Discussion

They got over it

13»

Comments

• I can confirm what mmmary said - Tim told us exactly the same.

in Bremen, they were headlining too and played:

-Television Television
    -Good idea at the time
    -Don't ask me
    -No sign of life
    -Damned cover, I forgot the name (the setlist just says "Cover")
    -Get over it
    Acoustic:
    -A million ways
    -What to do
    and then:
    -It's a disaster
    -I'm not quite sure about this one. the setlist says "Oh No"??
    -Invincible
    -Here it goes again

encore:
    -Do what you want
    -AMW Dance

they did the dance both in Bielefeld and Bremen, so I guess they did it everywhere while they were in Europe (I know they also did it in Amsterdam.). too bad, it seems that these were the last times they perfomed the dance then sad.gif.
  • QUOTE (Morrigan @ Feb 28 2007, 02:19 PM)
    -I'm not quite sure about this one. the setlist says "Oh No"??

That's Oh Lately It's So Quiet. Remember? You yelled Run's House? cool.gif
  • Hey, doesn't the band still owe those AMW dance contest winners a trip to dance onstage with them somewhere?
    I wonder if that's ever going to actually happen.
  • QUOTE (Morrigan @ Feb 28 2007, 03:19 PM)
    I'm not quite sure about this one. the setlist says "Oh No"??

That's just because it was the original title for OLISQ.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 28 2007, 05:15 PM)
    That's just because it was the original title for OLISQ.

Really? I thought they did that just 'cause it was shorter.
  • To edit Mary's set list for the Portland show

The House Wins
    Good Idea at the Time
    No Sign of Life
    Don't Ask Me
    Get Over It
    Oh Lately It's So Quiet
    Invincible
    Here It Goes Again
    Do What You Want

(the order of the middle four is debatable)

funny thing, I have no memory of them doing It's a Disaster...O.o but maybe I'm crazy!
    Either way, the set was rediculously short. maybe 1/2 hour worth? Damian only had time to insult one person (she called him a bitch, and he said "I like you bitch") I definately prefer them headlining, but the show was still amazing and a lot of fun. plus meeting them afterwards was the best moment of my life. I can't even describe it.

I missed the dance a lot, but I supopose it's time for them to move onto something new. I know they don't want to get stuck in a rut.
  • They may not be doing the dance anymore, but you all should totally check out the one Emily Mary Alice and I did throughout Downtown Portland biggrin.gif I've got it on my myspace. Look up Maurahoo. And it's also on youtube here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JurW9VwSbS0 let us know what you think!
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Feb 28 2007, 10:14 AM)
    anyone going to the show on friday and know of a way to meet the guys? i have never been to gibson amphitheatre before - so i dont know where the back entrance is, where the tour buses would be etc... so uhh HELP!!! i really want to meet them so bad! thanks!

IM going to the show on Friday but I have never been to a show at the Gibson amphitheatre so IM not sure where they have the busses and all that good stuff. Never know they may hang around out there somewhere. They may be napping from the long drive from up north before the show.
  • Thanks for the set list guys! I can't believe it is so short, I'm seriously getting bummed. I really hope I enjoy the show, I'm only going 'cause of OK Go! Did they let cameras into the venue? They are not letting any into the San Fransisco show mad.gif
  • They let cameras in mine. But there was at least 10 feet between the barricade and the stage, so the flash didn't reach them too well and the pictures are all pretty blurred and dark sad.gif
  • Aw. Well at least you got to take some pics with the boys. I won't be able to stay till the end. I don't think I'll ever get to meet them sad.gif
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Feb 28 2007, 06:12 PM)
    funny thing, I have no memory of them doing It's a Disaster...O.o but maybe I'm crazy!

I totally meant No Sign of Life.
    I don't know why, but I always get those songs mixed up, maybe it's the disasterly song titles.
  • QUOTE (mmmary @ Feb 28 2007, 08:07 AM)
    It was short sad.gif and Damian is sick.

My husband's sick too. They both likely picked something up in Bremen. Hubby's on his way back from a work trip and is trying to stop at the doctor's before coming home. It's looking like it might be bacterial and he'll need antibiotics (green snot). He does however sound a lot better on the phone than he did a few days ago, so here's to hoping that whatever it is might not be too hard to knock.
  • P.S. If you're interested in what I think was the next-to-last AMW performance (in Bremen), I put it here:
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=2007634560
    among some other Bremen and Bielefeld footage.

Next-to-last, assuming they don't change their minds somewhere down the road.
  • QUOTE (Kareh @ Mar 1 2007, 02:19 PM)
    P.S. If you're interested in what I think was the next-to-last AMW performance (in Bremen), I put it here:
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=2007634560
    among some other Bremen and Bielefeld footage.

Next-to-last, assuming they don't change their minds somewhere down the road.

Sheri reported at okgocentral.com that they made a snap decision to do the dance in Madison, WI on March 14!

You know, I was thinking that despite what Dan said, it's not like it's set in stone, and I wouldn't have been surprised to see the dance again every now and then, because moods and minds change. I was pretty sure we haven't seen the last of that dance, even if they'll do it much less frequently now. Damn I'm good. laugh.gif
  • The boys performed the dance at LMU last night. You can see the video I took here.
  • noooooooo! I waited way to long to see them and now I will never experience the AMW dance. sad.gif mad.gif
  • They still do it sometimes.