In this Discussion

Comments

• QUOTE (rocksugar @ Mar 14 2007, 12:04 AM)
    I didn't mean you jedi. I meant Tempe. Sorry. I mean if she were veg, we would be looking at a platter of carrots and celery rather that meatballs and sausages. laugh.gif It'd be more appealing than all that meat.

No no, I know what you meant. I just was saying that you found the sig disturbing because you're vegetarian, and I found it so for another reason. Did that make sense?

QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Mar 14 2007, 12:05 AM)
    I hate vegetables, except corn, carrots, snow peas, and string beans. In that order.

I HATE carrots. I've hated them from the very first time my mom tried to feed them to me, when I was still eating baby food. I just spat them back out.

QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 14 2007, 12:49 AM)
    I can never remember the english word for eggplant tho, so no one understands what it is... sad.gif

Aubergine? I believe you Brits use the French word. Same goes from zucchini, which y'all apparently call "courgette."
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 14 2007, 01:06 AM)
    I'm giggling, yet my feelings are somewhat hurt as I'm the one that did the cooking. ohmy.gif

Nooo!
    I didn't mean it like that!!!!

I don't eat meat, that's all, so it's not quite as appealing to me..
    To be honest, I thought it looked gorgeous til someone said it was meat. LOL.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings! huh.gif

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie)
    Aubergine? I believe you Brits use the French word. Same goes from zucchini, which y'all apparently call "courgette."

Yeah, aubergine, that's the one
    Haha the word zucchini makes me laugh!!!
    Courgette's far less amusing...
  • ive still not turned sigs on

i feel im better off without the horror

also i have a new ava, bonus points to those who can tell me where its from

the unreadable text says

"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world"

minus points to those who google that phrase to look clever
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Mar 14 2007, 11:03 AM)
    ive still not turned sigs on
    i feel im better off without the horror
    also i have a new ava, bonus points to those who can tell me where its from
    the unreadable text says

"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world"
    minus points to those who google that phrase to look clever

Ha ha, you're not missing anything in regards to my siggie, Andy. You can see pics in low-fi version just not siggies, correct? If so this is my siggie:

Garlic is a fickle mistress

The peeps are referring to the platter of meatballs and wings, not to the dancing garlic loving dude.

*Runs to google Pandy's avatar*---See I let you know I'm cheating. That ava looks very familiar, I just can't pinpoint it.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 14 2007, 09:21 AM)
    Nooo!
    I didn't mean it like that!!!!

I don't eat meat, that's all, so it's not quite as appealing to me..
    To be honest, I thought it looked gorgeous til someone said it was meat. LOL.

Aww, thanks. I know you didn't mean it in a bad way, but I was a little scared of the possibility. Lol, so being a non-meat eater, I can totally understand what you were saying. How did you come to being a vegitarian? I took a pic of the platter to show my mom since she kept asking how my cooking project was going. When I got the pics back, I thought it was such a ridiculously hillarious thing to take a pic of that it would make an amusing siggie.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 14 2007, 11:52 PM)
    Ha ha, you're not missing anything in regards to my siggie, Andy. You can see pics in low-fi version just not siggies, correct? If so this is my siggie:

Garlic is a fickle mistress
    The peeps are referring to the platter of meatballs and wings, not to the dancing garlic loving dude.

*Runs to google Pandy's avatar*---See I let you know I'm cheating. That ava looks very familiar, I just can't pinpoint it.

ive used it before as a ava i think, and i use it on msn recently...its from an anime

i have sigs off completely!
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Mar 14 2007, 05:05 PM)
    ive used it before as a ava i think, and i use it on msn recently...its from an anime
    i have sigs off completely!

That G-d's in heaven thing is used in a Robert Browning poem. But, I do know the anime it comes from now that you mention it cause I see the letters...ooo this is like being a detective!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 13 2007, 05:08 PM)
    Girls, girls, suck it up and be men! I'll have you know all that meat was served to a happy hungry bunch of meat eating females! wink.gif

I didn't mean it either that your siggie was gross or anything. I'm sorry if you did take it that way. sad.gif
    I noticed the tomatoes and lettuce before but not the mushrooms or other veggies. So I'm glad to hear that you don't only cater to carnivores. laugh.gif BTW, what type of cooking project required you to make this platter?
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Mar 14 2007, 07:59 PM)
    I didn't mean it either that your siggie was gross or anything. I'm sorry if you did take it that way. sad.gif
    I noticed the tomatoes and lettuce before but not the mushrooms or other veggies. So I'm glad to hear that you don't only cater to carnivores. laugh.gif BTW, what type of cooking project required you to make this platter?

Aww, thanks. I'm just a perfectionist so I was worried that if you guys didn't like the looks of it, I'd really start to over think the creation.

Well, we were supposed to bring food to a party. I don't like to cook cause I can never think of what to make. But this party was for one of my fav classmates who is alway so sweet and adorable to me. This time, I had to make something just out of sheer guilt if I didn't. My mom suggested a platter of items that could be prepared quick and easy, as well as just things I know how to make at all. I always tell people I can't cook so that I can get out of cooking. But the food went over so well that now they want me to cook more often. No!! No cooking for Tempe. I can't I'm a diva! (Not to mention the bejewelled pet roach broach in training who roams around) laugh.gif

BTW, rocksugar, I love your sn!
  • ^^^ Thanks Tempe. I just love how Andy ends his blogs. Too bad his blogs have ended though. sad.gif
  • Andy, I believe that the avatar is from Neon Genesis Evangelion, and no, I didn't google it, I know this because I am looking at my copy of the Perfect Collection DVD set right now
  • give that boy a cookie someone!

and 3 points
  • Noooo!!! Where did Fergal go?!
  • hes retired to the big seas, where all the lady sharks love his teeth
  • that sounds so sad...
  • if you pick up a shell

put it to your ear

and listen really hard you can faintly hear...

CHECK OUT MA TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETH
  • How do u put something to ur eat?
  • i never said eat

YOU CANT PROVE IT
  • hahha.

no, you really can't.

=p
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 14 2007, 11:56 PM)
    Aww, thanks. I know you didn't mean it in a bad way, but I was a little scared of the possibility. Lol, so being a non-meat eater, I can totally understand what you were saying. How did you come to being a vegitarian? I took a pic of the platter to show my mom since she kept asking how my cooking project was going. When I got the pics back, I thought it was such a ridiculously hillarious thing to take a pic of that it would make an amusing siggie.

Awww Tempe you are sweet smile.gif

I've been brought up not eating meat. I know it's hypocritical that i eat fish, but i dont mind eating free animals (liek unfarmed fish) i just dont like the way that farmed animals are kept, if you see what I mean.

I'm sure your food was delicious, Tempe!!!

Oooo which reminds me - after everyone saying i couldnt cook, my quorn ratitioulle was GORGEOUS so ha!!!