In this Discussion

A Million Ways

edited November -1 in OK Go
hey my friends and i are doing the dance from the a million ways video and i was wondering if you guys can help

Comments

• You'll basically have to just watch the video over and over.
  • yeah it took us a while to learn it.

once, we moved all these tables and did it in the middle of our science research class when we had an oblivious substitute and there was a computer in the room.

we went through 3 different dans throughout the whole process.
  • haha i remember that. it was so great!

ya we had a little trouble with our dans haha
  • Agreed! You will have to watch it a lot to get it.

I studied dance for 10 years! I'd be happy to break it down for you, but you probably live far from me.

I think it's cool that your going to do the dance. It is THE BEST!

--- littleroom

QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 21 2007, 06:52 PM)
    You'll basically have to just watch the video over and over.
  • cha. replay it in little sections over and over again. after awhile you get the hang of it. it's a little hard to flip it around, but you can always do the mirror image version of it if that's easier for you. my friends and i recently learned the dance and filmed ourselves doing it around downtown Portland. Here's the link-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JurW9VwSbS0

I've learned HIGA as well. Can't wait to attempt it... smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Mar 22 2007, 04:18 AM)

Be careful! Treadmills can eat people! blink.gif
  • I totally agree... it can be dangerous. Those guys had a lot of bruises.

--- littleroom

QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Mar 22 2007, 05:31 AM)
    Be careful! Treadmills can eat people! blink.gif
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Mar 22 2007, 03:18 AM)

Wow, how did you learn it?

My friends and I are planning on learning it, but it's kinda hard to find 8 treadmills. We could go to the gym, but that's a little expensive and I don't think they would like us moving the treadmills around. tongue.gif
  • I tried to teach my mum HIGA - we just wore socks and slid around on the kitchen floor.
    Less painful biggrin.gif

And my sisters are learning C-c-c-cinnamon Lips with me. I made cinnamon muffins at school today so I practiced in the food room. So much fun!!!

But basically, keep watching the videos over and over.
  • whenever i think of the HIGA dance and treadmills, i remember this thing that happened before the Irving Plaza show in NYC.

we were at the crosswalk and we look up into some window and its a gym and there were all these treadmills by the window

so we all just go TREADMILLS!!!!! cause we saw them and got really psyched

because it was like whoa the spirit of OK Go

and we start like talking about doing the dance or whatever

so this like totally senile old guy next to us is like where are you guys from and we're like westchester (which is like 20 minutes north of NYC...you could go to NYC in like 2 seconds if you wanted to)

and he's like "oh that's nice. i'm sure you girls must have some treadmills up there."

we just slowly subtly walked away

and like died laughing on the next block.

...so yeah learn the dance its really not that hard at all if you are dedicated.
  • QUOTE (porifera @ Mar 22 2007, 10:59 PM)
    and he's like "oh that's nice. i'm sure you girls must have some treadmills up there."

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 22 2007, 01:45 PM)
    And my sisters are learning C-c-c-cinnamon Lips with me. I made cinnamon muffins at school today so I practiced in the food room. So much fun!!!

oh my goodness gracious. the CL dance is ridiculously hard to learn (it's our next project) and last week we (ushies and crazyfrogg) were attempting to learn it and it is seriously like a dance melee. zero structure (running around, random high fives...lol). but it's incredibly hilarious.

i'm having the most trouble perfectly capturing tim's attitude. i just don't do him any justice.
  • Ha, that's funny--I would have expected that one to be the easiest. (I've never tried to learn any of them)
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 23 2007, 04:44 PM)
    Ha, that's funny--I would have expected that one to be the easiest. (I've never tried to learn any of them)

I think the second two dances are more refined, probably because of the professional guidance from Trish.
    bahaha, CL is just frightening. in a good and uniquely OK Go way, of course.
  • It is very hard, I have to admit.
    My sister and I have been trying to perfect the random high fives but we end up looking at the TV scree instead of one another and I end up hitting her in the face by accident... Haha.

And my 9 year old sister tries to be Andy which really doesnt work when the 13 year old (as Tim) tries to stand on her....
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 23 2007, 05:32 PM)
    It is very hard, I have to admit.
    My sister and I have been trying to perfect the random high fives but we end up looking at the TV scree instead of one another and I end up hitting her in the face by accident... Haha.

priceless.

we ususally just end up looking at the tv wondering what we have gotten ourselves into, lol.

what moves do you do in the parts where they aren't showing what moves the guys are doing on the dvd? (does that question even make sense?)
  • Yeah it does make sense, dont worry tongue.gif

We generally just storm around with an air of 'trying-to-look-macho-while-actually-being-really-very-camp-indeed'
    Which, let's face it, is the general gist of the dance anyway biggrin.gif
  • worthy plan. you can't go wrong with that, haha.
  • haha
    still uber hard to do tho.

and AMW was difficult with only three people, all of drastically varying size.
  • we refused to do the dance without a dan. we almost resorted to paying my brother to do it....

i, unfortulately, was the shrimp of our dance troupe. (but my hair made up for a portion of the height difference)