In this Discussion

OK Go youtube awards!!!

Comments

• QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore @ Mar 26 2007, 08:15 AM)
    Alright, two things:
    1) You are all awesome. This was an impressive showing, to be sure.

2) You should probably watch Good Morning America tomorrow (Monday.)

3) Good night.

Can anyone get it to those of us outside the U.S. -- Please?

I voted--A LOT. And wanna see what happens on GMA. unsure.gif sad.gif
  • woot! getting carpotunnel (sp?) voting paid off!

sad.gif i wonder what happened on GMA... barf, school prevents me from seeing all morning shows
  • Good, but short, interview. I read Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore's post about 1 minute before it came on, so I just caught it. Yay! But sorry, Karen, I didn't have the chance (or the technology) to tape it for you. It was just Damian and Tim and some YouTube guy billionaire. Diane Sawyer was very nice to them & showed clips of HIGA and the DWYW new video. So, it was Damian's "roommate's" idea? dry.gif
  • what was damians roomates idea? damian has a roomate?

... or wifemates idea?...

hehehe
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Mar 26 2007, 02:55 PM)
    Good, but short, interview. I read Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore's post about 1 minute before it came on, so I just caught it. Yay! But sorry, Karen, I didn't have the chance (or the technology) to tape it for you. It was just Damian and Tim and some YouTube guy billionaire. Diane Sawyer was very nice to them & showed clips of HIGA and the DWYW new video. So, it was Damian's "roommate's" idea? dry.gif

My mom caught it just in time and held the phone up to the TV for me, haha. She rocks.

Still would love to see it, though!
  • AAH! I didn't read this until now! I missed it!!!!!!! It better be on youtube soon!!!
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore @ Mar 26 2007, 07:15 AM)
    Alright, two things:

3) Good night.

You're welcome, J0rge my love smile.gif

Argh. If anyone has the capabilities, could you somehow help the GMA find it's way onto youtube for us Brits...?
    smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore @ Mar 26 2007, 01:15 AM)
    Alright, two things:

3) Good night.

awww man, i didnt read this til too late. sad.gif
    i hope someone recorded that. laugh.gif that would be awesome. biggrin.gif
  • The video for this morning's appearance is available online:

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2981371
  • thank you ih7*s smile.gif

Ah Im so proud of them...

But who is Damian's roomate?
    And when the youtube dude says
    "people do this all the time, whenever you get 4 or 5 people together..."

what's the fifth guy sposed to do??
    lol
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 26 2007, 05:24 PM)
    The video for this morning's appearance is available online:

Wonderful, thank you so much ihave7stars!
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 26 2007, 10:24 AM)
    The video for this morning's appearance is available online:

Thank you so much for posting that!! biggrin.gif
  • Is it just me or did Damian get a funny look on his face when she calls them the Treadmill guys lol. I know they have to be tired of being called that.
  • Is it weird that I squeed st the fact that there was an Arkansas sign right behind them? mellow.gif
  • I just found this on www.bild.de ... I took screenshots for you, here they are, it's so cool they won and I'm so happy they show them on this german site, too! (it's one of the most popular daily newspapers/online mags in Germany)

• ooo i always knew OK Go was an International sensation!
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Mar 26 2007, 06:09 PM)
    Is it just me or did Damian get a funny look on his face when she calls them the Treadmill guys lol. I know they have to be tired of being called that.

Hahahaha yeah he did
    sorta like an "Oh my god, if this weren't on tv I'd have punched her..." kinda look laugh.gif
  • I find that when I talk about OK Go to people who are not musically or technically savvy, and the other person responds with "Who?" I end up saying "oh you know, the guys with the treadmills and the video on the Internet." unsure.gif

And they usually respond again with "Who?" dry.gif
  • yeah same here 7stars...

... then i get the damian "i wanna punch her" look Electra talked about...
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 26 2007, 10:24 PM)
    I find that when I talk about OK Go to people who are not musically or technically savvy, and the other person responds with "Who?" I end up saying "oh you know, the guys with the treadmills and the video on the Internet." unsure.gif

It makes me sad when I have to say that.
    Fortunately after the whole fancy-dress thing, my year group have become much more educated (I brought in a poster for my friend and someone asked me if it was OK Go. It was, but that's not the point tongue.gif)

I'm glad they got the award though, even if people do insist on calling them "the treadmill guys". Fact is, videos were still damn awesome.