In this Discussion

Ok Go Back in Boston! Yay!

edited November -1 in OK Go
"When we got to Boston, we knew we'd missed a turn...THE FIX IS IN!"
Ok Go has been in Boston before, but every single time, they've played in 21+ shows, and I know I'm not the only one sad about that, cuz someone else on this board posted about that.

But!!!!!
They're coming back in March, and this time, not at the Avalon Club! Yay!
They will still be playing down the street from me, but this time, in the other direction- they're going to play at Agganis Arena!!!!! (Avalon is by Kenmore and Agganis is on Com Ave, so they're really close)
So yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry, I'm just so excited, I really had to post that. )

Comments

• Isn't this opening for Snow Patrol, though? Which explains the arena...

Bah. I miss the days when they played the Middle East downstairs...and Pearl St. downstairs in NoHo...
  • Yay for you!
    I LOVE THE FIX IS IN! That is such an under-appreciated song, but it's actually my favorite from that album. They're coming back to NYC in March too, but... they're opening for.... *sigh* Snow Patrol dry.gif
  • Is it ok to leave after Ok Go plays? I don't care a bit about Snow Patrol either, Starshaped, lol.
    So, I mean, if I go outside when Snow Patrol gets on, will Ok Go be outside signing autographs?
    Or do they wait until the whole show is over?
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 14 2007, 08:42 PM)
    Is it ok to leave after Ok Go plays? I don't care a bit about Snow Patrol either, Starshaped, lol.
    So, I mean, if I go outside when Snow Patrol gets on, will Ok Go be outside signing autographs?
    Or do they wait until the whole show is over?

No way to know; it's a crap-shoot. Depends on if the guys feel like watching Snow Patrol that night, and if they don't, they may or may not come out and talk to fans. All depends on their mood that night ...

My friend and I talked to Dan for a long time during Death Cab in November, and the rest of the guys were watching them, but it was the first night of the mini-Death Cab tour, so I imagine the band is more likely to watch the headliner's set at the beginning of a tour. Then afterward, the rest of the guys didn't talk to fans, but Damian was sick, and they were leaving on the bus that night to drive all the way from Milwaukee to St. Louis. So it all depends.

Good luck!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 14 2007, 10:04 PM)
    No way to know; it's a crap-shoot. Depends on if the guys feel like watching Snow Patrol that night, and if they don't, they may or may not come out and talk to fans. All depends on their mood that night ...

My friend and I talked to Dan for a long time during Death Cab in November, and the rest of the guys were watching them, but it was the first night of the mini-Death Cab tour, so I imagine the band is more likely to watch the headliner's set at the beginning of a tour. Then afterward, the rest of the guys didn't talk to fans, but Damian was sick, and they were leaving on the bus that night to drive all the way from Milwaukee to St. Louis. So it all depends.

Good luck!

That is so awesome! sorry, sorry, I'm gonna be nosey and ask- what was he like? Dan seems so sweet but also very shy.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 15 2007, 02:02 PM)
    That is so awesome! sorry, sorry, I'm gonna be nosey and ask- what was he like? Dan seems so sweet but also very shy.

He really wasn't that shy when I talked to him in New York. We met him because one of my friend's friend was a roadie and chilled in their tour bus and stuff. So when Dan came out he said, "Come over here and meet these girls, Dan!" And the roadie's girlfriend was there too and she was completely smashed and falling over herself. She said something like, "YOU WERE SOOO GREAT" to Dan and he smiled at her and said, "Wow, that was almost English." smile.gif
    He was really nice, really down to earth. He talked to us for a bit and was telling us how much fun he had, then he took a picture with us and circulated around to the other fans. Don't be nervous if you see him! He's as sweet as can be.
  • Dan is such a sweetheart. I'm usually pretty shy, but all I have to do is go up to him and say hi and he'll just keep talking to me and it kind of feels like you're just talking to a friend or something.
  • Dan really is fantastic. Generally if the other boys don't come out, he'll be sure to say hi.

ooh goody! It looks like I've got even better chances at meeting them after the show/having them stick around to watch Snow Patrol since my show is the very first (I'm still in shock over that. I mean, really... Portland? Who starts their tours HERE? lol). HOORAH! *tosses confetti*
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Jan 16 2007, 10:55 AM)
    Dan really is fantastic. Generally if the other boys don't come out, he'll be sure to say hi.

ooh goody! It looks like I've got even better chances at meeting them after the show/having them stick around to watch Snow Patrol since my show is the very first (I'm still in shock over that. I mean, really... Portland? Who starts their tours HERE? lol). HOORAH! *tosses confetti*

YESSSSSS! Maura.. maybe we weren't too off in hoping they would come watch the rest of the show with us! ok ok ok... I really need to calm down... I'm like fidgeting and hyperventilating out of excitement..
  • Haha, yeah, caaaaaallllllmmmmm. We've still got 41 days, 8 hours, and 51 minutes! hehe, when we run into Dan before the show to hand off all the cakes, we can tell him we'll save them a spot right in front, in the space where Andy tends to stand, where they can join us if they'd like. omg, I think if I saw them walking up to us through the crowd, I'd pass out right there! And then there's no way I could focus on Snow Patrol at all. I'd just be standing there with my mouth open and freaking out that OK Go are standing next to me. ha!
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Jan 16 2007, 11:08 AM)
    Haha, yeah, caaaaaallllllmmmmm. We've still got 41 days, 8 hours, and 51 minutes! hehe, when we run into Dan before the show to hand off all the cakes, we can tell him we'll save them a spot right in front, in the space where Andy tends to stand, where they can join us if they'd like. omg, I think if I saw them walking up to us through the crowd, I'd pass out right there! And then there's no way I could focus on Snow Patrol at all. I'd just be standing there with my mouth open and freaking out that OK Go are standing next to me. ha!

I'm going to make a sign (JOIN US FOR THE REST OF THE SHOW??), just in case they forget. lol.
  • *sigh*

the one all-ages show, and it's sold out.

I hate life.

no, not really- I just hate myself fornot getting tix in time.

I might be able to convince someone to pay extra, but it'd be a whole lot extra by now.

and, yeah- the past six shows before this one? 18 or 21 plus..... I still hate life.

eh.

to whoever is going, have fun and take lotsa pictures for me!
  • sooo OK GO was absolutely amazing at BU on the 28th smile.gif The opening band, the silversun pickups, actually weren't that bad compared to the opening band for ok go at lupo's, apollo sunshine haha ahh that was torture to listen to!
    But I LOVED OK GO at BU! Damian makes me laugh every time he gives one of his life shpiels haha especially about the kidz bop smile.gif

Did anyone else go to this show? smile.gif
  • As the poster above said,the boys put on a really wonderful show!
    But,that's not very shocking,I mean,c'mon. The openers definitely weren't my cup of tea,but to each is own.I rather sit through Apollo's act,but either way,both were followed by performances from the guys,so that's fine with me. It was odd,though...everyone around me (and I mean everyone,I didn't see anyone else in sight standing around me) was not only sitting,but sitting and looking a little bored with not much enthusiasm,other than HIGA,bummer. Of course,that didn't stop me from being a fool,standing up,and dancing a little,and I clapped when necessary (which is often). Damian,as always,had many things to tell the crowd,from Kidz Bop rants to making the entire arena do a wave,to which he said "well,you can't do that at an indie rock venue!"(not that I would mind seeing them at a grimey rock club again,it's actually quite preferred),but overall it was fun.Damian actually made a comment about the lack of crowd participation- "Well,ladies and gents(or something to that effect),we've reached a very delicate part of the show...uh oh! is that what you all just said? I can't hear you,because I have the microphone. Anyway,I'm sure there's a lot of you out there who want to dance,but being the good person you are,you're being considerate and thinking "well,I really wanna stand up and dance,but I'd feel bad for my ass being in the face of the person behind me,so I'll sit. That wouldn't be me,because I don't care,so to all of those who aren't having a good time yet,this one's for you to get up and dance!" and then the boys went into playing "don't bring me down" by ELO,which was great. Sorry if I was off by a couple of words on the quote,but that was the general statement of what he said. Anyway,sadly enough,only two people within my sight decided to stand,but that's not a fair reflection on their performance at all.Either way,I had a great time.
    On a side note,I got to talk to Dan for a little bit before the show,too! I've met him about 7 or 8 times before,so it's neat to talk to him and for there to be some kind of recognition there. We talked a little about new material and their upcoming break in may,and just general chit chat which was nice,he's so kind. I said hi to Damian,but they were just about to go on stage,so I didn't want to bother him,since he didn't seem all too thrilled about signing autographs so close to showtime,though he obliged in a nice manner for the girls who asked. Really,though.I think some fans need to be a little more considerate of them. I didn't get a chance to say hello to Andy or Tim,though they were right there,but sometimes it's best to just not force conversation,right?
    ps- I was shocked with the ticket sales at the venue! I honestly went to Boston thinking that at best,I'll meet the guys before the show,because I didn't get a ticket before it sold out. Then,after a while of just walking around and noticing the new fancy OKGo van (where did that come from? That purple paisley sure is neat.) I asked the radio guys from FNX about the whole ticket situation,and they said there were lots of tickets left at the ticket booth,oddly enough.And,much to my surprise,I ended up purchasing two tickets right next to each other in the 8th row on the left side of the arena,really close to the stage.I mean,there's no comparison in between that and seeing them at a little rock venue,but I could still see them perfectly fine,facial features and all,so that was okay. I just find it odd that they didn't sell all (or at least all of the decent) seats at ticketmaster before declaring it sold out.Hmm.
  • FNX ppl? I went to the ticket booth of the arena and they said they only had tickets waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the back of the arena, I mean seriously, the polar opposite of the stage. Gah.
    Anyway, that's cool that you met Dan. Where did you meet him? I sat outside the arena from 10-12 in the morning, doing homework and hoping to get an autograph right on my lab report. And then I went to the ticket booth, called my friend who likes Snow Patrol and asked if she wanted to go, she said she had too much homework, and then I went to class from 12-5. After that, I figured there was no point in going alone to sit in the back, so I did homework too.
    Um, that was a pointless story about my day which I've told way too many times, sorry.
    But whenever they're here, they play at the Avalon, which is down the street from me to the left or Paradise which is down a couple streets to the right, or they play at the Middle East, which is also in my area- all of these shows, being at clubs, have been 21+, so I never could go. And now they even play at Agganis and it's not 21+ but it's sold out in November. It's always kind of sad to know that while I'm doing homework, Ok Go is down the street, down. the. street.
    The WPI show is not down the street- it's a good half hour to 45 minutes from Boston. But I'm pretty sure at this point that I probly won't be able to go. I did already buy tickets to the Mansfield show though, so maybe I'll get autographs then.
    And that is the end of my whining, sorry.
  • QUOTE (SuperMeg1534 @ Mar 31 2007, 05:43 PM)
    sooo OK GO was absolutely amazing at BU on the 28th smile.gif The opening band, the silversun pickups, actually weren't that bad compared to the opening band for ok go at lupo's, apollo sunshine haha ahh that was torture to listen to!

awww... I absolutely adore apollo sunshine! but to each his(her) own, I suppose.

oh, and I approve of your name, also being a Meg. (although I'm a Margaret, not Megan)

and I'm really really bummed I didn't go to this, even though I got to see Bloc Party instead.

oh, and they released 140 more floor seat tickets the day of the show.... stupid. hence the really dumb ticket situation, which has been confusing y'all.

I'm glad it was fun, and I'm happy to announe that I will be seeing Ok Go April 21 (day before my b-day) at Colby College.... woot!
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 1 2007, 11:58 PM)
    oh, and they released 140 more floor seat tickets the day of the show.... stupid. hence the really dumb ticket situation, which has been confusing y'all.

I'm glad it was fun, and I'm happy to announe that I will be seeing Ok Go April 21 (day before my b-day) at Colby College.... woot!

wow- just wow. I didn't know they could be that um, stupid. They must've lost sooo much money because I know there were tons of ppl who were trying to go just to see Snow Patrol. And elviesmusique mentioned the show audience was sadly not full at all, gah.

But congrats to you! Colby! That's awesome!!!! I know you've been wanting to go to a show for a while so I'm so happy for you! Make sure to take lots of pics! ~hugs and congrats!~
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 1 2007, 10:58 PM)
    and I'm happy to announe that I will be seeing Ok Go April 21 (day before my b-day) at Colby College.... woot!

Yay!!! smile.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 1 2007, 11:58 PM)
    awww... I absolutely adore apollo sunshine! but to each his(her) own, I suppose.

oh, and I approve of your name, also being a Meg. (although I'm a Margaret, not Megan)

and I'm really really bummed I didn't go to this, even though I got to see Bloc Party instead.

haha hey Meg! My name is actually Meg Ryan like the actress so it's pretty sweet haha yaa me and my brother were not very big fans of apollo sunshine..probably because the lead singer creeped me out and wore a pink shirt with like a unicorn humping a seal hahaha and we had already been standing for 2 hours waiting for OK GO packed like sardines in Lupo's in RI haha thats crappy about the 140 more seats that were available...but have fun on the 21st! smile.gifsmile.gif ~Meg